Thread: Please Help! What does "at the subscriber's request, this phone does not..." mean?

Feedback Score

Question Please Help! What does "at the subscriber's request, this phone does not..." mean?

Please help! Recently my friend told me that because she was late with paying her bill that she could only accept text messages and call but was no longer able to place an ougoing text or call until she pays her bill. All of a sudden, when I called her 1 week ago, the phone would ring and be routed to her voicemail. She would never pick up her phone and there was no error message from T-mobile. I was beginning to think that she was ignoring me for some reason. Today (one week later), when I called her, I received the following message: "At the subscriber's request, this phone does not accept incoming calls." What does this mean? Does this mean she blocked me or is it an unpaid bill issue? I just don't like the part where it says, "at the subscriber's request." It makes it sound as if she blocked me. And since she did not pick up her phone for 1 week with the phone going to voicemail and now this message, I'm beginning to think she is upset with me and I do not know why. Is it possible that she didn't pick up her phone because she couldn't? Could she hear the phone ring before it got routed to voicemail? I hoping this is an unpaid bill issue. I would really appreciate it if someone could please help me. Thank you

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Google found this for me:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4114338AA0xR91

Sure sounds to me like she's been cut off by T-Mobile. Give the phone a call from another line that'll prove to you that you're not blocked...

Feedback Score
    Thank you so much for responding. It turns out that it was from an unpaid bill. I called T-mobile and that is what they told me. However, it still doesn't explain why for one week when I would call her that the phone would ring to voicemail. I wasn't able to reach her for one week and this error message didn't come on until today. Is it possible that the network routed the call directly to voicemail and that her phone didn't ring due to suspended service?

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If it was ringing first before going to voicemail (as opposed to going directly to voicemail without ringing) then chances are she was able to screen and accept/deny the call. If she has unpaid bills piling up in her life she may have just stopped looking at her phone completely if collectors are calling.

Why don't you just go and see her in person?
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 6 64GB, Lumia 635, & LG L90: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4S & LG Ultimate 2: TracFone (Verizon)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Phones
    RIM Blackberry 7520
    Nokia BH-900 Bluetooth Headset
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar_fan222 View Post
    Thank you so much for responding. It turns out that it was from an unpaid bill. I called T-mobile and that is what they told me. However, it still doesn't explain why for one week when I would call her that the phone would ring to voicemail. I wasn't able to reach her for one week and this error message didn't come on until today. Is it possible that the network routed the call directly to voicemail and that her phone didn't ring due to suspended service?
    T-Mobile actually has the ability to turn off phone calls and just allow texts if someone is behind on their bills... It's a partial deactivation.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2
    -John C. Bibbs

Phones
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Nokia 8290 on Simple Mobile (T-Mobile site checker)
    6340i (AT&T site checker) / 6200 backup GSM phone with 850
    Carriers
    Simple Mobile / AT&T PAYG (for backup & checking cell sites) / PagePlus (trial)
    Vodafone NZ / M1 (SIN)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar_fan222 View Post
    ... I received the following message: "At the subscriber's request, this phone does not accept incoming calls." What does this mean? Does this mean she blocked me or is it an unpaid bill issue? I just don't like the part where it says, "at the subscriber's request." ...
    I had the same problem on my line for a day when the retards at Simple Mobile (a T-Mobile powered MVNO) failed to to auto-renew my account.

It's a dumb message, but it protects privacy better than "Since this subscriber is a deadbeat we won't let any calls go through."
    AT&T and T-Mobile SF Bay Area+ Cell Sites - with Cell ID labels
    http://sfocellsites.com/
    Over 1,100 AT&T sites in the 9 Bay Area counties + San Benito, Santa Cruz and Monterey counties
    Now over 1,500 T-Mobile sites in these 12 counties

Feedback Score
    i used to have a landline phone company, a no name hicksville place called nitco. if you didnt pay your bill it would go to a message saying, and i quote "The NITCO subscriber you have called, " [insert text to speech announcement of name here] "has been placed on suspension due to their overdue bill balance of xx.xx. This is the Nth time their line has been placed on suspension. To be connected to the subscriber, please press 0 to be connected to a representative, who can collect payment and connect you."

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/5.1.21216/20.2497; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Hahaha too funny. Talk about humiliating people into paying their bill on time!

Phones
    RIM Blackberry 7520
    Nokia BH-900 Bluetooth Headset
    Carrier
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMRocks View Post
    i used to have a landline phone company, a no name hicksville place called nitco. if you didnt pay your bill it would go to a message saying, and i quote "The NITCO subscriber you have called, " [insert text to speech announcement of name here] "has been placed on suspension due to their overdue bill balance of xx.xx. This is the Nth time their line has been placed on suspension. To be connected to the subscriber, please press 0 to be connected to a representative, who can collect payment and connect you."
    That is awesome.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Feedback Score
    lol also they have no protection on their remote monitoring systems for the phone CO's. call 219-988-1234, 219-345-1234, 219-987-1234, 219-996-1234, 219-394-1234 and you will find that you can hear all of the information concerning the health of their phone systems. you can also hear that they never replace the battery in their systems either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jbibbs View Post
    T-Mobile actually has the ability to turn off phone calls and just allow texts if someone is behind on their bills... It's a partial deactivation.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2
    Technically, we do have that ability, but we won't do it for a customer. If a rep does and gets caught, they will have a nice little coaching. If the customer has family allowances, they can do this themselves.

@GSMRocks...that's too funny