Thread: Straight Talk Website has been updated

Phones
    W385
    LG620G
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Straight Talk account summary page has finally been updated

Was on the Straight Talk website today and it appears that the account summary page is finally finished from being 'under construction'.

Now when you log in you can buy ring tones, update personal info, edit payment option, payment history,etc etc all from one page. It looks like there is an option to add a service card to something called Straight Talk Reserve, but couldn't find any other information about it.

https://www.straighttalk.com/MyAccount

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    Just went there and checked it out. Kind'a anticlimactic. I was hoping they'd provide some (any) access to my call history online once they finally finished their site construction, but no such luck. It is Straight Talk though, so I guess I should've lowered my expectations.

►►► U.S. Ranks Dead Last In Overall Social Spending (Read the comments section too!)

►►► The Scam Behind The Rise In Oil And Food Prices

THINK for yourself!
    QUESTION authority!
    Realize that ALL governments LIE!
    Don't be one of the sheeple!

Feedback Score
    Me too. Although it the chances of it having any impact are minimal , it doesn't take much effort to comment on their FB page, email them direct and via Walmart to recommend that they add call detail/call history to their online account management website .

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Indabaux View Post
    Just went there and checked it out. Kind'a anticlimactic. I was hoping they'd provide some (any) access to my call history online once they finally finished their site construction, but no such luck. It is Straight Talk though, so I guess I should've lowered my expectations.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Indabaux View Post
    If you want all the bells and whistles, go with Verizon--- and pay their prices. When you eat at a fast food joint or the local cafeteria, don't whine about the lack of a linen tablecloth and napkins, crystal water goblets, sauce Bearnaise and a snotty maitre d'... Scarf down your burger and fries, toss your food wrappers in the waste bin and head on out to the parking lot...

Phone
    iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Nice.

My Babies:
    ~ 64gb iPhone 6 Plus ~ 32gb iPad Mini ~ 64gb iPad Air ~
    11" MacBook Air ~ 13" MacBook Pro ~ Retired iPhone 5S ~

Feedback Score
    Many I haven't had enough coffee yet but how do you get to the screen to input the phone card number?

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    @chasham: You're only restating the obvious. If you carefully read what I wrote, you'll notice that my last sentence is "It is Straight Talk though, so I guess I should've lowered my expectations."

Feedback Score
    @Jack: Nah, you were whining ;-)

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    Many I haven't had enough coffee yet but how do you get to the screen to input the phone card number?
    Is this what you are asking about?
    https://www.straighttalk.com/RefillOnDemand
    Scroll down the page and look on the left:

Carriers
    ST
    Feedback Score
    I just talked with ST CS: You can add 1 card to be in reserve until your service end date. Your reserve will automatically be added at that time. You will still be able to add a new plan without going through the Straight Talk Reserve option....BUT, it will immediately reset your minutes and service end date. So, be careful when selecting and make sure you choose: Add a Service Plan to your Straight Talk Reserve.

Carriers
    Straight Talk AT&T
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I put a card in my Straight Talk account last week which should be used on my expiry date of 11/15 - for the first few days it shows in my account, then magically disappeared, I called customer service and three reps didn't know about the reserve program, finally called the Corporate number and got a real nasty rep who told me I had to add the card on my due date, no use arguing with her, she had her feet in the sand, called again got a nice guy who understood the program, didn't know why my card "went missing" but found it in the system and assigned me a case number in the event it doesn't apply on my due date. Bottom line, Don't throw out your cards until you are sure they are applied.

Carriers
    ST
    Feedback Score
    Good advice! I placed a card in reserve and I kept my card and it's due on 11/4. I'll let you know on that date what happened. I have hopes that it works the first time....we'll see!

Carriers
    ST
    Feedback Score
    The card that I put in reserve in mid-October worked without a hitch today. My service end-date was 11/04 and I got this text message from StraightTalk: "Thank you for Refilling. Your service End Date is 12/04/2010".

I then did a "See Balance/Service Date" from the Straight Talk Web site and verified that, indeed, everything worked as advertised. This is better than doing an auto-refill with a credit card because you get the same result without submitting your credit card info.

Carriers
    Straight Talk AT&T
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

More on my Lost Card in Reserve

After my previous calls to Customer Service, I still could not see my card in reserve so called them back today. I got a great representative who went the extra mile to see what happened, it seems that my card did get added to my reserve, but with zero minutes. He had to call his tech support and after about an hour, their last question was did I add a Net 10 card??? I said no, I am looking at the card, it is green, says Straight Talk and gave him the UPC code. They finally said they would add it back to my account, but instead of putting it in my reserve, redeemed it into the account and started my month over. After that, the rep said he would change my service end date which he did after a long consultation with his supervisor. After I hung up, I checked my minutes again and they were now only 10 minutes, 500 texts and the expiration date was good at 12-15. I then had to call back and finally after another hour got it straightened out. Reminds me of the line in Two and a Half Men, it is like a Kangaroo driving a car, he may run up on the curb a few times, but he will finally get you there.

I have to say these two reps were very patient and did their best. They were nothing like the nasty woman I spoke with answering the Corporate number last week, just shows you have to keep calling until you find someone who will take the initiative to help you and above all, be nice to them.

Feedback Score
    Their Face Book site seems to provide great customer service. You may want to try that if you need it again. Only heard horror stories from the 800 number.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast