Thread: Receive (or Send?) FAX from a Sprint Phone

Feedback Score

Question Receive (or Send?) FAX from a Sprint Phone

is there anyway to fax from a phone using a laptop? considering the laptop doesn't have any web connection.

i remember years ago with Sprint, i would receive faxes to my Sprint Cell # while on the road, as a "voicemail" and then be able to forward the fax (from "voicemail) to the nearest fax machine at the time (even received some at Staples a few times).

is this service still avail? havent tried it in the longest while, and not familiar at all with sending, just receiving.

Phones
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    HTC Diamond
    HTC TP2
    Carriers
    Sprint PCS
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    The only "direct" way of faxing via a Sprint phone is using 2G, which few if any current phones support, although older phones may still support (try pre-EVDO phones if you are keen on this) -- I believe that Verizon and Sprint are slowly dismantling their 2G equipment as well. If you do get 2G faxing to work, it will cost you $0.39/min from Sprint. Your best alternative are services like www.efax.com .

Feedback Score
    Another alternative I have been really happy with over the years is maxemail.com

It is $34 for the first year, $24 per year after that for the "lite" service. 100 pages incoming per month, your own fax # in chicago if you can live with that. 5 cents or so per page sending. To send is easy, you just email yourself a .DOC or .PDF file, or you could use their web interface to attach a file; it will convert it and fax it.

All phones have PDF readers now so it's pretty easy to view received faxes via your email.

Feedback Score
    so faxing to a Sprint Phone # no longer works?

i havent had means to try it anymore recently (no fax machine here),

but when i did need it years ago it sure was convenient (to receive it to my sprint voice # and forward to whatever fax machine was around at time).

Phones
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    HTC Diamond
    HTC TP2
    Carriers
    Sprint PCS
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zindabad View Post
    so faxing to a Sprint Phone # no longer works?

i havent had means to try it anymore recently (no fax machine here),

but when i did need it years ago it sure was convenient (to receive it to my sprint voice # and forward to whatever fax machine was around at time).
    not sure what you mean... if you call forward your Sprint number to a landline with a fax machine on it, that should work, but then why not just fax to that landline?

Phones
    Droid RAZR MAXX (Currently Using)
    Droid RAZR MAXX
    Droid 3 (Gave to lil bro)
    Carriers
    Verizon (Page Plus)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    ^not to his machine but to his computer.

Phones
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    HTC Diamond
    HTC TP2
    Carriers
    Sprint PCS
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    ??? this is the sentence I did not understand:
    Quote Originally Posted by zindabad View Post
    it sure was convenient (to receive it to my sprint voice # and forward to whatever fax machine was around at time).
    how would you interpret "forward to whatever fax machine was around", other than call forwarding, or maybe using the fax machine as a printer (not easy, but not impossible)...

if he meant "computer" not "fax machine", okay, my original reply stands... its only possible with a phone capable of 2G, like an old Treo (probably the Treo 755p can do it, certainly a 680). Otherwise... Internet service like efax...