Thread: Net10 750 minute plan, new lower then 10 cent minute rates on larger cards

Feedback Score

Net10 750 minute plan, new lower then 10 cent minute rates on larger cards

Just picked up a flier at Target while phone hunting. According to their latest brochure, Net10's new 750 minute plan only gives you one text per minute, not 2 or 3 like Net10 Paygo. It doesn't say anything about web usage but I'm guessing that it's a minute of talk equals a minute of web too.

Also, their bigger cards are now yielding more minutes.
    The $45 card gives you 600 minutes at 7.5 cents a minute.
    The $60 card gives you 900 minutes or 6.67 cents a minute.
    The $100 card gives you 1500 minutes/6.67 cents per minute.

I'm not sure if this is online only or on brick and mortar locations too.

More Net10 tweaking.

I do like their new all net10 phones can be used with monthly plans though. Hate the lack of any balance carryover if you move from paygo to monthly and vice versa though.

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Perhaps with all the Net10 tweaking, we can expect some carryover eventually.

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto Droid X2
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Those card values already existed in the Web-only section online. They do give you more time for your money (better CPM), but generally give just two months of service days, whereas the retail store $60 card, for instance, gives you four months. You pick your poison, but it's nice to have the choice. I wish Net10 had some one year deals like Trac.

And regarding the text cost, yes, it "costs" one minute, but that minute only costs $0.033 or something. Regular Net10 for non-qwerty phones is a half-minute, or $0.05. So it matches the qwerty phones and is less than the others.

Phones
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 :: Alcatel One Touch Fierce :: Nokia Lumia 710 ::
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 ::
    :: Alcaltel OneTouch Fierce ::
    Carrier
    ::T~Mobile 2 Go :: Lycamobile :: PTel ::
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    Those card values already existed in the Web-only section online. They do give you more time for your money (better CPM), but generally give just two months of service days, whereas the retail store $60 card, for instance, gives you four months. You pick your poison, but it's nice to have the choice. I wish Net10 had some one year deals like Trac.

And regarding the text cost, yes, it "costs" one minute, but that minute only costs $0.033 or something. Regular Net10 for non-qwerty phones is a half-minute, or $0.05. So it matches the qwerty phones and is less than the others.
    Okay, with the 'New and Improved' T~Mobile plans , looks like it's going to be a year before I activate my new Net10 t401 with the 750 minute card.
    I've got the QWERTY phone so wonder what the texts will deduct? I'm not really much of a texter anyway but with the fancy schmancy QWERTY keyboard I though I might do that a little. The phone is really nice.

Oh well in a years time who knows what will happen.
    Very Happy With T~Mobile and Lycamobile