View Poll Results: What are your 1st impressions on the Huawei Ascend?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sexy. Android 2.1, GPS, 3.2 pixel camera for $150? Where do I sign.

45 77.59%
  • Looks alright, but for that price will it break its face and my wallet when its dropped?

6 10.34%
  • I love orange soda.

7 12.07%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Huawei Ascend - Cricket Wireless

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrod86gt View Post
    I wondered if being on Cricket would limit the number of available apps. I have been with Cricket for a while and have never had a smart phone but I wanna get this Ascend probably. (unless someone knows if the Zio will get 2.x anytime soon)
    Cricket won't limit it. The only thing that would limit it would be the phone, if it's not capable for some reason.

Phones
    acsend huawei
    Ascend Huawei m860
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Question Wallpaper

Quote Originally Posted by chenry View Post
    Can Anyone Please tell me why i cant put a wallpaper up without it zooming way in and looking really BAD!!!! i dont uderstand.
    Hi, does anyone have an answer to this? I am having the same issue. Thanks
    Last edited by Laeanee; 11-09-2010 at 06:29 PM. Reason: To fix title

Feedback Score
    the huawei ascend is amazing
    and the only time it really lags on me is when i download a large size theme for it
    but other than that have had no problems with it since i bought it
    and has anybody else heard that on crickets facebook, i think they got angry birds to work on it?

Phones
    M860 ascend locust *RooTeD*.prl.42600.Linux version 3.0-git
    1st cricket phone sprint Mogul ppc
    experiment Blackberry 8350i mms wap pushmail nav os5 boostmobile anaworm full service books
    Carriers
    cricket
    Google voice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by supraseed View Post
    I can't even find google goggles in the regular market app, it's not there. The AppBrain app it's there but when I click on it then it says not found. Could this be how the guy at the cricket place set it up? It sucks how so many great apps are not accessible as if blocked or something.
    Google goggles works on m860 install it from non-market sources as well as
    Google earth.maps.nav.sky.latitude.voice and talk all work perfect its an android phone

Sent from my M860 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    My wife's got a Huawei Ascend [Cricket] it's about 2 weeks old, the touchscreen is unusable after unlocking the phone. It seems to think she's constantly touching the middle left of the screen. I've done a factory reset, same deal. Unlock and the home screen scrolls, wonkily, to the left. Try to type on the on-screen keyboard, a blue line wanders over to the left. Even while unlocking, the unlock 'strip' tries to go back to its home on the left unless you press fairly hard.

Is there some way to calibrate the screen or do I just take it back?

Phones
    acsend huawei
    Ascend Huawei m860
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Make sure you change from the swype keyboard that is on when you get it & turn on the Android keyboard. It took me a few days to figure out why there were little blue lines on the keyboard when I typed. Then I put it on the Android keys & it's so much easier to type.
    Now I just need to figure out why the wallpaper I download is all zoomed in, it looks terrible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Laeanee View Post
    Make sure you change from the swype keyboard that is on when you get it & turn on the Android keyboard. It took me a few days to figure out why there were little blue lines on the keyboard when I typed. Then I put it on the Android keys & it's so much easier to type.
    Now I just need to figure out why the wallpaper I download is all zoomed in, it looks terrible.
    It's that way because there are 9 homescreens lol. Download launcher pro and change to 1 home screen. Or you can find out a way to keep 1 wallpaper for all homescreens.

Phones
    acsend huawei
    Ascend Huawei m860
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Talking

M
    Quote Originally Posted by xlarkascendingx View Post
    It's that way because there are 9 homescreens lol. Download launcher pro and change to 1 home screen. Or you can find out a way to keep 1 wallpaper for all homescreens.
    Thank you so much, that is exactly what I needed. My wallpaper looks great now! I really love this phone!

Feedback Score
    The swype isn't causing the touchscreen to think I'm constantly touching the middle left of the screen though.

How do you change keyboards?

Phones
    Sanyo Zio
    Sanyo Zio
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    i have one and cant get the voice dialer to work any help plzzz??!!!
    [COLOR=Lime]Chi-town Hustlers

Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Yes! I was having the same problem. In order to address this you have to save the image in the correct resolution. It's tricky thing to do but I would recommend (if you do not want to go through the pain I did) to download an App on the Android Market called Zedge Ringtones & Wallpapers. They have thousands of wallpapers and over 400,000 ringtones all for FREE. I just download the wallpaper, set it, and forget it. It's that simple. For personal photos, you would have to resize them on the computer then transfer the re-sized image back to your SD card

The dimensions for the resolution are as follows: 320 x 480

Hope this helps!
    "The first rule of fightclub, you do not speak about fightclub"

Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Dial *228 to download the latest updates.

If this doesn't resolve it go to your CONTACTS menu, scroll down until you see Voicemail. Tap on it and see the number it is dialing if it is not *99, then change it to *99 or you can enter your actual phone number. This should do the trick.

Best of luck!

Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    The Android Market has thousands of free keyboards to replace the one pre-installed on the Ascend. Huawei created there own keyboard which I find difficult to use so I use third party software to make it look more like the Android 2.2 keyboard. Check the Android Market!

Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Good call! Also for those who aren't aware of LauncherPro it is FREE! There is a paid version but that is if you want to see Facebook status updates and other junk you really don't need. Plus it runs the Ascend so much faster and has a clean look and also adds the option to change your dock to the Android 2.2 "look a like" bar. Check it out!

Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

There has been alot of talk and rumor that Cricket or some third party has been able to successfully run Angry Birds on the Ascend. I am currently talking with some people to see if this is true. I will let you know and if it is possible post a picture and any downloads neccessary to play! Respekt.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast