Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart Family Mobile Information Thread

Feedback Score
    Then use CSD or get out of my thread! <- Sarcasm
    Last edited by GSMRocks; 10-23-2010 at 11:10 PM. Reason: clarifying it

Feedback Score
    Uh, does someone wanna make this a sticky before it gets buried? I went through the trouble of posting this hard to find information and I'm trying to become the Go-To guy in this forum. I've spent years on other forums being just another member but My goal here is to be the guy everyone knows, respects, and loves.

Phone
    iPhone 6 128GB Space Gray
    Carrier
    AT&T 4G LTE
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMRocks View Post
    Uh, does someone wanna make this a sticky before it gets buried? I went through the trouble of posting this hard to find information and I'm trying to become the Go-To guy in this forum. I've spent years on other forums being just another member but My goal here is to be the guy everyone knows, respects, and loves.
    The best way to get a hold of your local moderators is to PM us.

Check out this sub forum: http://www.howardforums.com/forumdis...Forum-Feedback You can make your case to create a forum just for Wal-Mart Family Mobile. The site admin may or may not approve of it but it's up to them in the end.

If your sub forum request is rejected send me a PM and I'll put the sticky up for 60 days.

Carriers
    WalMart Family Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have iPhone 4 on Walmart Family Mobile, and phone calls, data and SMS work perfectly (yes I had to trim the sim card). No MMS though. Can't figure out the MMS settings. Anyone figured this out yet? I've got the APN entered for "Cellular Data" but not sure about the MMS settings. Here are all the settings I've got:

Cellular Data
    APN: wb.omwtoday.com
    Username: blank
    Password: blank

MMS
    APN: blank (I've tried using the same APN as cell data, no luck)
    Username: blank (I expect this will stay blank)
    Password: blank (I expect this will stay blank)
    MMSC: blank (this should probably be an IP address or similar to at&t's http://mmsc.cingular.com...)
    MMS Proxy:

Anyone with info please help.

Feedback Score

Carriers
    WalMart Family Mobile
    Feedback Score
    For anyone interested, I contacted WalMart Family mobile customer support, and I was given all the MMS settings for the iPhone for WM Family mobile. They are NOT the same as Tmobile. T-Mobile settings WILL NOT WORK. I will add that I had to call a couple times before I found someone who knew what I was looking for. They have all the settings in their system, they even told me exactly how to input them (tap settings, tap general, etc...).

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down Easy Come...Easy Go...

My wife and I have been very happy Straight Talk users for about a year. Recently bought Family Mobile phone and tried to switch her phone over to it. After being passed to 5 different reps all trying to get the Straight Talk number ported and all starting over again each time asking us all the same questions... we are taking the phone back!

Poor customer service!

RUN AWAY......

Feedback Score

Wifi Calling

Does the wifi calling option work on walmart family mobile? I currently live in a house that gets terrible signal from most providers and am hoping that this could still be an option

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know approx. how much there are in taxes/surcharges/fees each month on wally family mobile?

Phone
    samsung
    Carrier
    walmart family mobile/tmobile
    Feedback Score
    it's not walmart family mobile that's the problem..it's straight talk. I just ported my number out of straight talk and they didn't want to release the number. they did everything they could to not have to port it out. walmart family mobile went above and beyond to get my number ported from straight talk. their customer service was very knowledgeable and friendly unlike the straight talk reps that i couldn't even understand due to the fact that they sounded like they were using tin cans instead of headsets

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by return2sender View Post
    it's not walmart family mobile that's the problem..it's straight talk. I just ported my number out of straight talk and they didn't want to release the number. they did everything they could to not have to port it out. walmart family mobile went above and beyond to get my number ported from straight talk. their customer service was very knowledgeable and friendly unlike the straight talk reps that i couldn't even understand due to the fact that they sounded like they were using tin cans instead of headsets
    If the porting problem truly is with Straight Talk, shame on them! Our biggest complaint and "last straw" was being passed to 5 different reps from WalMart Family Mobile all within the same call, all asking the same customer account information including "What phone number are you calling from?" which was their phone/number and all the reps promising they could solve our issue and that we would not be passed on to another rep.
    Last edited by Brian815; 11-11-2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: typos :)

Carriers
    WalMart Family Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Here are iPhone 4 settings for Wal Mart Family Mobile. This includes data and MMS.

Settings>General>Network>Cell Data Network

Cellular Data
    APN: web.omwtoday.com

MMS
    APN: web.omwtoday.com
    MMSC: http://wirelessfour.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1058576
    Leave all other fields blank

After doing this, you might need to go to Settings>Messages and turn on MMS Messaging.
    Last edited by thejdoe; 11-12-2010 at 10:11 AM. Reason: left out setting

Feedback Score
    Since WFM is basically TM do you still get free TM to TM or do they use minutes? Just wondering cause a lot of the people we call are on TM so even if we're on unllimited we'd still be using their minutes.

Phone
    Nexus One
    Carrier
    Walmart Family Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone had any luck setting up call forwarding under WFM? I want to use Google Voice for my voicemail, but I get an error when I try to change the forwarding. I suspect T-Mobile isn't allowing forwarding other than to their voicemail, although the WalMart reps say it is allowed. From other threads it seems T-Mobile allows it on their regular plans but not on their own prepaid.

Phones
    Nokia 6682
    Nokia 6682
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The walmart family mobile 3-line plan is looking very appealing to me, especially with the $40 1GB rollover web add-on. Anyone know of better priced family plan?

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast