Thread: Help!!! Nokia C6-00 and Mobile Internet

Feedback Score

Help!!! Nokia C6-00 and Mobile Internet

I/m having a go-round between TM and Nokia. I have a C6-00 and Web to go.
    This is the right service according to TM, both Tech and Billing. However, the phone doesn't seem to think so. If I try to access anything beyondT-zone home page - all I'm getting is I need a subscription upgrade. I've done everytthing Nokia said to do - and the same with TM.
    The service was working until I had to reset the phone because it wouldn't disconnect from the wifi (which works), and once I deleted the wifi connection, the phone connected to web to go and wouldn't disconnect. So I had to do a factory reset and pull the battery. Now nothing works. It's funny that I can get to Yahoo mail, and Yahoo thru the Tzone page, but nothing else.
    TM said they could see the csettings and they were correct, and tech is scratching its collective head, and so is billing.
    Thanks,
    CS

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What APN are they asking you to use. you should be using internet2.voicestream.com and last I checked the reps don't give this one out as epc.tmobile.com is the most current.
    Bye!

Feedback Score
    We tried everything - finally got the hard reset from Nokia and reset the phone.
    Called again, and this TM tech said that non-t-mobile smartphones were now required to use the regular internet. It was funny as I had asked one of the techs that I talked to earlier if the smartphone internet would work. He didn't know. I added it and the phone is now working. The young lady gave me another free month by which time the 200M plan should be in effect.
    The only thing I'm really miffed about is being caught in the middle of a whole bunch of changes where one section doesn't seem to know what another section is doing.
    I called and inquired about the C6 before I bought it. Sales, Reps, Techs, all assured me it was a "Phone first" If they are changing settings to make certain users who use more than their fair share pay for what they are using, then maybe an email or text to those of us who don't and seem to be caught in the middle (or even a notice on the TM site) would be nice.
    I'm happy with TM, and don't want to switch at all, but the correct info would have been nice.
    I've told all that I spoke to that I picked this phone so I could run my old Palm astronomy apps. TM doesn't carry a phone that will do this. The apps are out for the Iphone and maybe in a bit for Android, but I'll be damned if I want an Iphone. And the android commercials have turned me off.

Carpetshark

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The dumb phone web2go ($10) should work just fine with the C6. Just use the internet2.voicestream.com and you are good to go.
    Phone History: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | HTC Sensation 4G | Google Nexus One | HTC HD2 | Nokia 5230 Nuron | Nokia N900 | BB Curve 8900 | iPhone 3G | Google Ion | Nokia 5800XM | Nokia E71-2 | T-Mobile G1 | iPhone 2G

My Feedbacks: eBay | Heatware | HoFo

Feedback Score
    That's the one address they didn't try. I don't know if I can get the settings back. I reformatted the phone. But if TM will have the limited internet for the same price, the question will be moot. I can always drop it and use the wifi which on this phone is pretty good.
    I'm still annoyed at seeing so many different stories. I read that Behold 1 didn't need smartphone, and ours wouldn't work w/o it. So either TM is changing policies or I'm getting lied to. I'm not on contract per se using EM+ and that service has been just fine. Now I'm wondering if these problems are due to EM+.
    It's not a signed contract. I've been seeing complaints about Iphone and certain Androids no longer working, either. But some of these might be grandfathered contracts as they are complaining about 4.99.
    CS

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Nokia phones automatically add the data settings. You can change it anyway you want.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bachviet View Post
    Nokia phones automatically add the data settings. You can change it anyway you want.
    How do they get them? I'm not sure which market the C6 is made for - so how would it know whether I'm a TM or ATT or customer? I don't think any American carrier has it. It was an unlocked phone.
    CS
    Last edited by carpetshark; 10-20-2010 at 06:32 PM. Reason: xtra info

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It does based on your SIM.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile for 7 years, now with AT&T for 4 years
    Feedback Score
    can I ask which astronomy apps you are referring to?

could you let us know if you get them to work on the new Nok?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by carpetshark View Post
    We tried everything - finally got the hard reset from Nokia and reset the phone.
    Called again, and this TM tech said that non-t-mobile smartphones were now required to use the regular internet. It was funny as I had asked one of the techs that I talked to earlier if the smartphone internet would work. He didn't know. I added it and the phone is now working. The young lady gave me another free month by which time the 200M plan should be in effect.
    The only thing I'm really miffed about is being caught in the middle of a whole bunch of changes where one section doesn't seem to know what another section is doing.
    I called and inquired about the C6 before I bought it. Sales, Reps, Techs, all assured me it was a "Phone first" If they are changing settings to make certain users who use more than their fair share pay for what they are using, then maybe an email or text to those of us who don't and seem to be caught in the middle (or even a notice on the TM site) would be nice.
    I'm happy with TM, and don't want to switch at all, but the correct info would have been nice.
    I've told all that I spoke to that I picked this phone so I could run my old Palm astronomy apps. TM doesn't carry a phone that will do this. The apps are out for the Iphone and maybe in a bit for Android, but I'll be damned if I want an Iphone. And the android commercials have turned me off.

Carpetshark

Feedback Score
    I have Astromist which is put out by a French developer. He has it for Palm, windows PDA, and Iphone. He might be working on Android.
    He is good. The program will drive telescopes, it has an excellent moon map and the satellites of Jupiter and Saturn graphically, plus in the helical spiral that is often used. You can also get pictures of the objects - so if you think you are looking at M6, it will show a picture of M6. There is also an old Palm app called Planetarium, but there is another web one which is similar. It's more basic than Astromist. There are open source satellite apps for palm that you would have to google for. The N900 will run Garnet, which is the old palm OS. You can download that free. The other Nokias 60.v5 can use a program called Styletap, which you need to pay for, but it works. It's worth it if you have money invested in Palm stuff and don't want to duplicate. I haven't tried Documents to Go, it's available for all platforms but it's expensive. You can get a sideways upgrade (ie BB), but that's expensive, too.
    HTH
    cs

Feedback Score
    I see that the C6 is probably a grey market phone. I can't get 3G on it in network, the phone doesn't have the right band, but can thru wifi. My SIM is USA, I had a Comeback. I don't mind EDGE, but can TM tell which bands the phone uses? What I wouldn't want is some upgrade/download that would bugger the phone. How can I check on that new service? 200mB?
    cs

Feedback Score
    Well,thanks for the sharing.
    Just start my mobile life!

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile for 7 years, now with AT&T for 4 years
    Feedback Score
    yes, thank you - i forgot to say thanks :-)