Thread: Intercept "Temporarily Out Of Stock" - what's the real reason?

Feedback Score

Intercept "Temporarily Out Of Stock" - what's the real reason?

Why do you think the VM web site has had the Samsung Intercept "Temporarily Out Of Stock" for days while Target still has them?

1. Has the launch been wildly successful and VM just didn't have enough stock on hand?
    2. Has VM decided to pull back and let Target sell them?
    3. Has there been a huge spike in service calls for this device and VM wants to slow things down?

Seriously, I'm very curious why VM is out of stock so quickly after launching and why its taking so long to get more.

Just makes you wonder doesn't it?

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Maybe there's enough inventory but the orders are exceeding VM's capacity to fulfill them in a timely fashion?

It could also be that most of the recent production is sitting in the warehouses and backrooms of retailers like Best Buy who aren't allowed to sell the phones until Target's exclusive runs out on the 24th.

There are lots of possible explanations, but I doubt we'll be able to know the real reason unless it gets posted on Facebook or Twitter or someone asks a CS rep.

Feedback Score
    A wizard did it.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBeans View Post

Nope doesn't at all. I was able to get my Intercept at Target, and have really enjoyed it.

Phones
    Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    People who were waiting for it flooded the 'Net demanding one. That's my best guess... kinda like the iPad except these things are actually useful products.

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    I assume they are just out...

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I'm guessing that they underestimated the "pre-release"/soft-release demand, specifically. I doubt that any of the other phones that they released this way had anything like the same level of demand prior to the official marketing launch.

They might even be holding back units in preparation for the official marketing launch date, anticipating an even bigger spike in demand.

Feedback Score
    I'm guessing they didn't expect a huge demand from their existing customer base. They were thinking more along the lines of stealing customers away from post pay carriers with a Droid offering when people go to a big box store to see all the different offerings. The Rumor 2 and Touch were big deals but the Intercept has been huge.

Feedback Score
    I think it's just a very popular product! I was at Target THE day they put them on the shelf. I didn't get one because it looked to me like they had plenty & I wanted to think about it some more ( actually they had 10, I counted). I went back 6 days later, they had 1 left.

Feedback Score
    After I tried to buy it on the VM site on Monday, I called customer service to check if they knew when it would become available again. They said 24-72 hours. Well, 72 hours have passed, and still not available. Has anyone heard anything about it?

Phone
    Moto Atrix4G
    Carrier
    StraightTalk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    24-72 hours seems to be the generic answer that VM customer service gives when they have absolutely no idea.

Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBeans View Post
    Seriously, I'm very curious why VM is out of stock so quickly after launching and why its taking so long to get more.

So yeah, I heard they were ordered too by the FBI. Something about a Alien take over, and the Aliens were using the Intercepts as communication devices. At least that was the story on the local news, not sure about where you guys live.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MattWeed9 View Post
    So yeah, I heard they were ordered too by the FBI. Something about a Alien take over, and the Aliens were using the Intercepts as communication devices. At least that was the story on the local news, not sure about where you guys live.
    Hmmmmm...that doesn't make sense to me.
    Can't the aliens just drive to the Target and get them there??

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gekkota View Post
    Hmmmmm...that doesn't make sense to me.
    Can't the aliens just drive to the Target and get them there??
    Dude they have spaceships. Why drive?

Phones
    blackberry 8320 sunset
    motorola i465
    Carriers
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    ive seen em in my target oh i just went onto bestbuy and best buys selling it for 229.00
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Virgin+M...&skuId=1409226