Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will Virgin Mobile USA ever get 4G internet?

Feedback Score

Will Virgin Mobile USA ever get 4G internet?

Know that sprint has 4G internet what about sprint's prepaid group like virgin mobile?

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Not yet. Maybe when Sprint postpaid gets 5G.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Churner View Post
    Not yet. Maybe when Sprint postpaid gets 5G.
    Ha rats cause I sure don't want to get rover, clear or postpaid

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile FTW!
    Feedback Score
    Whenever Virgin Mobile decides to charge monthly for hardware...

HTC: Mogul, Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, Sensation
    Samsung: Moment, Intercept, Galaxy Note 2
    LG: Optimus V, Optimus Slider
    Tablets: Nook, Iconia Tab, Nexus 7

Carriers
    Straight Talk (FTW)
    Page plus (gone)
    Feedback Score
    according to vmobi we will be getting 4g services in 2011. he didnt specify whether it would be 4g for phones or 4g mifi.
    The story of your life:
    ::

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    There is no 4G officially in USA. It was just marketing "gimmick".
    http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/L...ally-4G-111040
    "
    For years you've probably seen people argue that WiMax technically is not true fourth generation ("4G") wireless because it didn't meet certain criteria. Though technically, since the International Telecommunications Union had never set a standard for what 4G was, it was a little hard to make any qualification. But now the ITU has officially come out with a statement declaring that only WiMax 2 (802.16m, or WirelessMAN-Advance 2) and LTE-Advanced can technically be declared "4G":
    ITU's Radiocommunication Sector (ITU-R) has completed the assessment of six candidate submissions for the global 4G mobile wireless broadband technology, otherwise known as IMT-Advanced. Harmonization among these proposals has resulted in two technologies, "LTE-Advanced1" and "WirelessMAN-Advanced2" being accorded the official designation of IMT-Advanced, qualifying them as true 4G technologies.
    In other words, 4G is not deployed currently in the United States or anywhere else, and there won't be any 4G deployed in the United States for some time. Verizon and Sprint will have to stop using the 4G label in advertising -- as will T-Mobile -- who insists their HSPA+ upgrades deliver "4G-like speeds."

Carriers
    Straight Talk (FTW)
    Page plus (gone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhrn View Post
    "
    For years you've probably seen people argue that WiMax technically is not true fourth generation ("4G") wireless because it didn't meet certain criteria. Though technically, since the International Telecommunications Union had never set a standard for what 4G was, it was a little hard to make any qualification. But now the ITU has officially come out with a statement declaring that only WiMax 2 (802.16m, or WirelessMAN-Advance 2) and LTE-Advanced can technically be declared "4G":
    ITU's Radiocommunication Sector (ITU-R) has completed the assessment of six candidate submissions for the global 4G mobile wireless broadband technology, otherwise known as IMT-Advanced. Harmonization among these proposals has resulted in two technologies, "LTE-Advanced1" and "WirelessMAN-Advanced2" being accorded the official designation of IMT-Advanced, qualifying them as true 4G technologies.
    In other words, 4G is not deployed currently in the United States or anywhere else, and there won't be any 4G deployed in the United States for some time. Verizon and Sprint will have to stop using the 4G label in advertising -- as will T-Mobile -- who insists their HSPA+ upgrades deliver "4G-like speeds."
    wow you just melted my brain lol. i guess 4g will just be another one of those things we say that dont make sense, llike vasaline and kleenex.

Phone
    HTC_One(M8)WP, moto_X~2
    Carrier
    VZW_PrePd, REpublic_Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhrn View Post
    "
    oh ok, so then they can say stuff like "we have really fast internet speeds for you, much faster than 3G but we cant quite call it 4G"... hmmm, what might they call it...

As for the thread topic... there has been indications from Sprint over the past few months indicating that there will be a prepaid 4G product. No mention of phones, so perhaps a broadband2go device similar to what Clearwire offers. Prepaid 4G phones would be a fantastic, but expensive, addition to Virgin Mobile's line-up but it's not likely to happen in the near future.
    No Contract means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

VZW PrePaid: $45 | Republic Wireless: $5

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    I don't know about 4G, but I wish they would finish deploying 3G. Lots of little hick towns still only have GPRS/1X, for crying out loud! Luckily my little hick town has EVDO, but only because Sprint didn't have service here at all until 2008. I know one tower between my home and my brother's only has 1X and that is Verizon's tower -- didn't they claim faster data than AT&T a year ago?

Phone
    LG G3, Sony Xperia Z Ultra
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Simple Plan 4 lines (unlimited on one and 2.5GB sharing on another) $130 | 4.5GB MBB
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HTC Nexus One: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; zh-tw; Nexus One Build/FRG83) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

This is the speed evolution from 2G:
    CSD
    GPRS
    1X
    EDGE
    UMTS/REV 0
    HSDPA/REV A
    HSPA
    HSPA+/wimax
    LTE

Optimum/Cablevision

Feedback Score

Wink 4g is really here in eastern nc

4g service is now a reality and availible on the verizon network in eastern Nc , sprint and att to launch soon .

Phones
    Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Skyedance View Post
    This is the speed evolution from 2G...
    That's pretty helpful. Except I don't know exactly which ones are related to GSM or not...

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile (Galaxy S5) Tracfone (Moto e) & AT&T (Asus Padfone X mini)
    Feedback Score
    I wish VM's 3G was actually 3G. 87 Kbps down and 140 Kbps up is not 3G, IMO.

If VM doesn't offer 4G on prepaid services before 2011 is over, I don't see how they'll remain competitive against offerings from Straight Talk or T-Mobile. The expectations threshold for prepaid service has been increased in recent years (due mainly to VM's strategy back in 2010) but VM is now falling way behind in the game.

Phone
    Nexus⁴,Moto G
    Carriers
    T-Mo monthly4g, H2O
    Feedback Score
    The way things are going now, I could see Boost getting 4g first. lol

But seriously, only time will tell. I'd be happy with full speed 3g (full bandwidth for sprint's prepaid), and let postpaid keep 4g, and the price premium.

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Boost and Virgin will eventually get 4G. I dont know if it will be WiMax though. I would wait and see what happens with Sprint's new plans for 4G / LTE and I am sure Sprint will eventually share it with their prepaid to gain some customers. It's going to happen the question is: when? Eventually 2G and 3G networks will be shut down but that could still be 20 years out
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast