Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Samsung 3G Network Extender SCS-2U01

Phones
    LG Clout, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Motorola StarTac ST7868W (no longer used)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Official Samsung 3G Network Extender SCS-2U01

Please use this thread to only talk about the new 3G Network Extender, model SCS-2U01.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...=gotoFemtocell

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Veriz...tender_id14070

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Haven't found info on rf energy exposure for the network extenders (here or elsewhere on-line). The VZW user guide states "The power can range from 10 microwatts to 30 milliwatts."

Can someone help me assess what the level of exposure is with one of these types of devices?

Thanks.

Phones
    HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE
    LG XV8560 (Chocolate3)
    [3G] Network Extender (VZW femtocell) SWEET!
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chagner View Post
    Haven't found info on rf energy exposure for the network extenders (here or elsewhere on-line). The VZW user guide states "The power can range from 10 microwatts to 30 milliwatts."

Can someone help me assess what the level of exposure is with one of these types of devices?

Thanks.
    I'd stay away from them if I were you.

-Frank

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I don't think you have anything to worry about with power levels that low. Most of the cell phones themselves can output ~300mw-500mw max.

Your wireless routers put out somewhere close to 100mw.

Phones
    Apple iPhone 4S
    iPhone 4S
    Casio Rock
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have to say this thing ****ing rocks. I have a Droid, that always acted quirky with my 1X network extender. My home gets 0 reception inside so the NWE is a must. The new 3G NWE not only shows 3G Full Service on my Android phone, it works great. I love it! <3

I Love<3 Verizon FiOS

Phones
    N/A
    Droid 2 Global
    LG VX9800 "The V" (backup)
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Very low. A cell phone ranges from, well, virtually nothing (if you're RIGHT next to the cell site) to 250mw. I've seen power levels in the vicinity of 1/100th of a mw to 1mw in town (I've seen below 1/1000th of a mw if I'm RIGHT next to the site). In the countryside it's easy to get up to 100mw.. But, inverse square law -- the phone's up to your head, the network extender is not. By the time you're a foot or two from the extender you're getting no significant exposure from it.

Think of this analogy (this isn't really an analogy though, RF will work the same way) -- if you have a electric burner running, there's 100s of watts of infrared energy (heat) coming off that burner. You touch the burner you get burned. You keep your hand a few inches away and it'll still get too hot. You keep your hand several feet away, you probably won't even notice the heat coming off the burner.

Anyway -- I'm quite excited to see there's now an EVDO-capable network extender!

Feedback Score
    I Am really enjoying the new extender. One disappointment i do have with it is the extremely slow upload speed. I tend to have a lot of issues when using apps that frequently request data such as Yahoo fantasy app and such. Also speedtest.net app tends to bog out on the upload portion and sometimes wont finish.

Would be much happier with better upload speed/reliability.

Phone
    Motorola V860
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Received my 3G extender last Friday and I'm returning it tomorrow. Reason: Left work early today and upon arriving home caught a whiff of melting plastic coming from the extender.

Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Received mine tonight... Took 20 minutes to get up and running - works like a charm (so far) with my original Droid...
    4 Bars all over the house (from between 0 and 1).
    A couple of speedtests and my download is around 1800 and upload around 800 (500 upload when I go two levels down to the basement)... Very happy

Phone
    Apple iPhone
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Got mine last night...works great!!! Worth every penny to me.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    happy to hear positive reviews, although $250 is a bit steep for me at the moment.
    "Shouldn't you be working?"

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthetas
    the grass is usually greenest over the septic system. think about it

Phones
    Galaxy Nexus
    Galaxy Nexus
    Motorola Droid 2
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    This may be dumb question, but if my internet connection is terrible, the network extender wont help me, right?

Phones
    HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE
    LG XV8560 (Chocolate3)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Trocks797 View Post
    This may be dumb question, but if my internet connection is terrible, the network extender wont help me, right?
    Depends on how terrible. the minimum system specs are: System Requirements

• An always-on broadband Internet connection with a minimum speed
    and available bandwidth of 1 MB (3.1 Mbps to support the maximum
    EVDO data rate.)
    -Frank

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Question....I had the original network extender, but sent it back. Problem was...if i lost the internet connection the phones would not fall back on the cellular network. I would have to unplug the power from the extender to pick up the cellular network again during the internet outage. It bothered me that i would not know when i had no cell coverage due to this. I have 3 bars of native signal, but would drop calls at times without the extender. Is this normal for these units?

Phones
    HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE
    LG XV8560 (Chocolate3)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XRAM View Post
    Question....I had the original network extender, but sent it back. Problem was...if i lost the internet connection the phones would not fall back on the cellular network. I would have to unplug the power from the extender to pick up the cellular network again during the internet outage. It bothered me that i would not know when i had no cell coverage due to this. I have 3 bars of native signal, but would drop calls at times without the extender. Is this normal for these units?
    I think your previous situation would depend heavily on the specific phone. Some phones handle switch-off to different sources better than others. I personally have not had that trouble with my LG Chocolate nor my HTC Touch Pro2. However, it sounds like you have better native coverage in your house than I do. I suppose, with the VZW return policy (must be at least 30 days, I would think) you could give it another try.

Also, what do you mean by "lost the Internet connection"? Then you go on to say that if you unplug the extender your phone would re-acquire the native signal. This leads me to believe that your NE still had an Internet connection. So, how did you determine that you had "lost the Internet connection". Do you mean your computer quit working for Internet? Because that is not really relevant. Heck, you don't even need a computer, at all... just an Internet connection.

-Frank

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast