Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: VA Conversion Progress

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    at&t, Verizon
    Feedback Score

VA Conversion Progress

I was talking to an Alltel rep earlier today that indicated the VA conversion was essentially done, and getting new devices in customers' hands was the only thing they were waiting on. Further, it sounded like the devices will be arriving at customers' doorsteps within 3 weeks.

Can anyone (cclay) confirm they are this far along? Can we really expect devices to be mailed out shortly after the Nov 1. cutoff for the VA market?

Thanks!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork4me View Post
    I was talking to an Alltel rep earlier today that indicated the VA conversion was essentially done, and getting new devices in customers' hands was the only thing they were waiting on. Further, it sounded like the devices will be arriving at customers' doorsteps within 3 weeks.

Can anyone (cclay) confirm they are this far along? Can we really expect devices to be mailed out shortly after the Nov 1. cutoff for the VA market?

Thanks!
    That is correct. VA, NV & CA are almost at the network ready point. Phones will be shipping soon and the stores will rebrand shortly thereafter.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    at&t, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cclay25 View Post
    That is correct. VA, NV & CA are almost at the network ready point. Phones will be shipping soon and the stores will rebrand shortly thereafter.
    You are the greatest! If I could trouble you for one more piece of wisdom: do you know what device USB Modems will be replaced with? I was told that all wireless cards were going to be replaced automatically with one predetermined device, and am hoping it will be at least HSPA 7.2 if not HSPA+. (I'd love it to be the new shockwave!)

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    You are the greatest! If I could trouble you for one more piece of wisdom: do you know what device USB Modems will be replaced with? I was told that all wireless cards were going to be replaced automatically with one predetermined device, and am hoping it will be at least HSPA 7.2 if not HSPA+. (I'd love it to be the new shockwave!)
    It is definitely 7.2 capable. I think its the Velocity but don't quote me until I have a chance to confirm tomorrow.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    newyork4me,

I too am hoping for an HSPA+ modem as a replacement but that seems REALLY out there... would rock tho!

Clay, that makes sense, the Velocity seems like their current standard "go-to" USB card...

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    cclay25, does this include southwestern Virginia counties? I saw this thread about VA customers having their phones shipped in November. I'm in Wise County and the website lists an estimated ship date of 12-4-10. Just wondering about us, way down here in the mountains.

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trh98 View Post
    cclay25, does this include southwestern Virginia counties? I saw this thread about VA customers having their phones shipped in November. I'm in Wise County and the website lists an estimated ship date of 12-4-10. Just wondering about us, way down here in the mountains.
    I'm with you neighbor. I'm from Lee County. I read on here somewhere before that the eastern part of Virginia was going to be ready before us. I'd say ours will be on or around 12-4-10. Maybe a few days earlier, but not much if I had to guess.

Skipwith, Virginia, United States, United States
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    What about mecklenburg county it doesn't even look like the towers have been touched yet.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I have to admit that I dont know your area very well, but if you are referring to the area right on the TN border then the ship date of 12/4 is correct. The area in question is part of another group and will transitioning in december rather than november.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xmfan07 View Post
    What about mecklenburg county it doesn't even look like the towers have been touched yet.
    You wont notice many changes to the actual towers. The major changes are inside the equipment building.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I have to admit that I dont know your area very well, but if you are referring to the area right on the TN border then the ship date of 12/4 is correct. The area in question is part of another group and will transitioning in december rather than november.
    Sounds good, I was thinking we were a completely different animal than the rest of Virginia. Thanks!

Also, you may not know the answer to this question but here it goes...if there is a cell tower that currently has one antenna array at the top and it is serving both Alltel and Verizon customers, will there need to be two antenna arrays (one below the other) to broadcast both AT&T's GSM and Verizon's CDMA? Or can the current single array output both technologies? I just ask this because currently most of our towers just have the single array.

Bigpapa: Glad to see someone else from the region, hopefully it goes smoothly. These new phones can't get here quick enough

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Sounds good, I was thinking we were a completely different animal than the rest of Virginia. Thanks!

Also, you may not know the answer to this question but here it goes...if there is a cell tower that currently has one antenna array at the top and it is serving both Alltel and Verizon customers, will there need to be two antenna arrays (one below the other) to broadcast both AT&T's GSM and Verizon's CDMA? Or can the current single array output both technologies? I just ask this because currently most of our towers just have the single array.

Bigpapa: Glad to see someone else from the region, hopefully it goes smoothly. These new phones can't get here quick enough
    A single set of antenna arrays can handle both technologies simultaneously. The antennas do not discriminate as to which technology they broadcast/receive.

Skipwith, Virginia, United States, United States
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You wont notice many changes to the actual towers. The major changes are inside the equipment building.
    Thanks Clay

Device(s)
    Pixel, iPhone X, iPad Pro, LG V30, OnePlus3
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Droid: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; HTC Desire CDMA Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote Originally Posted by cclay25

Thanks!
    The stores in Billings, MT last week were in full remodel. The interior was mostly stripped out and they had a ATT booth with phones setup along with an iPhone. ATT seems to be really on the ball with this transition.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The 3G card is the USBConnect Lightning. I just got my AT&T letter regarding the data card.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast