Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: VA Conversion Progress

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmh1230 View Post
    I'm in Danville and received my text today, I'd much rather have tracking info so I know when it's coming
    I received a tracking number by e-mail, but it's being sent via the Postal Service, so there's actually no tracking information available. They'll probably update it around the time it's delivered.

Feedback Score
    has anyone received their phone yet in the 434 area?

Skipwith, Virginia, United States, United States
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have a Alltel Prepaid phone in 434 area code and got text message saying Alltel Service Shuts Down 1/22 Move to AT&T by 1/22 to keep service and same number, get phone rebate & transfer. Go to AT&T store for Details. Also when I go to alltel website and put my zip code in 23968 I get this Alltel is now part of AT&T Wireless in your area. The network upgrade in your area is now complete.
    Last edited by xmfan07; 11-17-2010 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Additional Info

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Interesting fact, 23968 won't let you get on the Alltel or AT&T site. Alltel's site refers 23968 to AT&T, AT&T's site claims they don't cover 23968 yet...

Other interesting fact, the coverage map was last updated tomorrow (no, I'm not joking, today is the 18th and the map currently claims it was last updated the 19th...) and it doesn't show any coverage in 23968 either... hmmm... it also still shows Montana as "partner" coverage (the partner is Alltel) and no GoPhone service in MT (GoPhones DO now work in MT).

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Uhde View Post
    Interesting fact, 23968 won't let you get on the Alltel or AT&T site. Alltel's site refers 23968 to AT&T, AT&T's site claims they don't cover 23968 yet...

Other interesting fact, the coverage map was last updated tomorrow (no, I'm not joking, today is the 18th and the map currently claims it was last updated the 19th...) and it doesn't show any coverage in 23968 either... hmmm... it also still shows Montana as "partner" coverage (the partner is Alltel) and no GoPhone service in MT (GoPhones DO now work in MT).
    That is weird I noticed that too

Feedback Score
    received two samsung a777 phones today (i'm in mecklenburg co., va). activated both, and currently using them. similiar signal strength here at the house. haven't traveled with them.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    at&t, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twebster1 View Post
    received two samsung a777 phones today (i'm in mecklenburg co., va). activated both, and currently using them. similiar signal strength here at the house. haven't traveled with them.
    That's good to hear! I had my phone shipped to NC, so I'm hoping I'll also get them today.

How's the call quality, etc. compared to Alltel?

Verizon's 4G network.

I live in California, not New York. I actually dislike New York.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork4me View Post
    That's good to hear! I had my phone shipped to NC, so I'm hoping I'll also get them today.

How's the call quality, etc. compared to Alltel?

call quality is excellent! registered on the att&t site. all my my circle numbers have been carried over and called my A-List.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twebster1 View Post
    Nice to see another Person from Mecklenburg county was in South Hill store for over a hour tonight trying to get the alltel prepaid phone changed over they ran into issues with it and had to call AT&T to get it fixed

Feedback Score
    We got our phones yesterday. The Samsung Rugby II is bigger than I expected... I charged it up but haven't tried to activate it yet. I'm hoping that there will be some way to transfer my contacts without manually re-entering them, especially since I subscribe to Alltel's MightyBackup service.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro "Rahael", HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel (Before Merger), AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Danville/Pittsylvania County area (434) and still haven't received phones. Not that I'm excited about, I'm going to miss Alltel.

Feedback Score
    I'm in danville and I havent recieved my phones either

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    at&t, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Another (434) person here, and I haven't gotten my new device yet either.

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I received a letter today from the phone insurance stating that I will be getting new phone insurance with AT&T. It said in the letter that the transition will take place on 1-16-11. I live in Southwest Virginia, on the Tennessee border and when I ordered the phones it said they would ship 12-4-10. Anybody have any info about this?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro "Rahael", HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel (Before Merger), AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I actually received the Aria today, but not the two Blackberries or the Pantech I ordered. The phone came without any activation dates, explanations, nothing. I'm going to give this a try and test the network and such, but if I stay with AT & T, I'll likely pick up a new phone. I'm not impressed with the Aria at all. If this is really the best AT & T can do/offer, maybe another service provider deserves my cash.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast