Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: VA Conversion Progress

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa30 View Post
    I received a letter today from the phone insurance stating that I will be getting new phone insurance with AT&T. It said in the letter that the transition will take place on 1-16-11. I live in Southwest Virginia, on the Tennessee border and when I ordered the phones it said they would ship 12-4-10. Anybody have any info about this?
    bigpapa, I was concerned with the delays for some areas under group 2 (we also are under group 2, I believe) so I called up my local store as well as the AT&T number that came with our packets. They both have explained to me that Southwest Virginia is still on track for phone shipments between 12/4 and 12/8. They said that the phones can be shipped anytime between those two dates and that the phones can be activated and used immediately upon delivery.

So, hopefully we are still on track. Both of those sources could easily not have the latest info though. I have more faith in what cclay says in here than the local store

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trh98 View Post
    bigpapa, I was concerned with the delays for some areas under group 2 (we also are under group 2, I believe) so I called up my local store as well as the AT&T number that came with our packets. They both have explained to me that Southwest Virginia is still on track for phone shipments between 12/4 and 12/8. They said that the phones can be shipped anytime between those two dates and that the phones can be activated and used immediately upon delivery.

So, hopefully we are still on track. Both of those sources could easily not have the latest info though. I have more faith in what cclay says in here than the local store
    As far as I know only AZ and NM were delayed. There might be a little confusion if you ask employees because Unicel Kansas was actually group 1. The first Alltel markets were group 2. Your are in group 3. On another note - parts of group 4 have been delayed by a month. (/me hides)

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info guys. I agree trh98 about having more faith in cclay than the local stores, haha. This is why I look here for the info first. Hopefully we are still on track for 12-4 to 12-8. Just about two weeks away.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro "Rahael", HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel (Before Merger), AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Will activation instructions come with the balance of the phones or did I just miss something. The Aria came with an invoice and nothing else. I haven't received any emails. I did receive a text saying the phones are on the way, but nothing in the way of activation instructions, etc. Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePeacedog View Post
    Will activation instructions come with the balance of the phones or did I just miss something. The Aria came with an invoice and nothing else. I haven't received any emails. I did receive a text saying the phones are on the way, but nothing in the way of activation instructions, etc. Thanks.
    One of the boxes will come with lots of information.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    cclay25, Thank you. ;-)

Feedback Score
    im in the nm group and my phones are still saying they are going to be shipped out 12/04/10 even if i update my order it still says the same

dont know if it makes a difference but i live in fort worth tx but my phones are from new mexico 88345

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    at&t, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Was just told that the reason I haven't gotten my device yet (Danville market customer) is that they aren't going to ship data cards out until 12-24 to 12-30. Arrgh. Right now, I'm not even in an Alltel area anymore (roaming on VZW) and the speeds are terrible.

Verizon's 4G network.

I live in California, not New York. I actually dislike New York.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I received the balance of my devices on Mon. Activation went well, it took 24 hrs before "MyCircle" became my "A-List".

Still not very impressed with the Aria, no flash on the camera, missing my keyboard from my TP, no sort of adapter, and the fact that I have to root the phone to install apps outside of the market just to keep Apple happy is utterly ridiculous, but the replacement Blackberries are definitely an upgrade from the old Curve models.

All of the phones came with a 2gb cards & usb chargers except the Pantech, I don't understand that?

I'll spend a couple of weeks checking out the reception in this area before I make my final decision. So far it's been a "so so" experience. I'm definitely missing Alltel.

Device(s)
    Pixel, iPhone 8, iPad Pro, OnePlus3
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePeacedog View Post
    I received the balance of my devices on Mon. Activation went well, it took 24 hrs before "MyCircle" became my "A-List".

Still not very impressed with the Aria, no flash on the camera, missing my keyboard from my TP, no sort of adapter, and the fact that I have to root the phone to install apps outside of the market just to keep Apple happy is utterly ridiculous, but the replacement Blackberries are definitely an upgrade from the old Curve models.

All of the phones came with a 2gb cards & usb chargers except the Pantech, I don't understand that?

I'll spend a couple of weeks checking out the reception in this area before I make my final decision. So far it's been a "so so" experience. I'm definitely missing Alltel.
    How are the data speeds compared to Alltel and is the reception better or worse?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Reception is about the same at home, but much better in some more remote areas of the county. A relative of mine lives way out and no one has a decent signal at her house, Alltel, Verizon, Ntelos, etc. but we're currently seeing 3g with at least 2 bars (-95 to -105 dBm) signal. Based on that, reception is better.

I haven't had a chance to test speeds yet, but a friend of mine has and he's seeing 1 1/2 to 2 times the speed.

Hope that answers your question. ;-)

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Anybody have any updates on the Southwest VA markets (12-4 expected ship date)? I've heard that some AT&T users have been getting service around here in areas they did not get it before.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Anybody have any updates on the Southwest VA markets (12-4 expected ship date)? I've heard that some AT&T users have been getting service around here in areas they did not get it before.
    I'm not sure how far West you are, but practically all of the Danville/Pittsylvania Co. areas have been converted. I don't know anyone in my area that hasn't received their phones.

For what it's worth, our expected ship dates were 11/08. Some folks started receiving phones around 11/14 with the balance coming in by 11/22. Some came Fedex, some UPS, and some USPS. ;-)

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm as far west as you can go and still be in Virginia. There is a place about 20 minutes from where I live that you can put one foot in Virginia, one foot in Tennessee and spit into Kentucky lol. The phones were originally stated to ship on 12-4, whether or not that's still the case or not I don't know. We will see in a few days I guess.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I was wondering this as well. I still have no GSM service in eastern Wise County so they have yet to make the switch here where I live. Of course, the ship dates for the phones aren't until later this week/early next week so I wouldn't imagine GSM being active everywhere until, at the very earliest, the phones are actually sent out.

I have an Alltel Blackberry that has CDMA/GSM built-in and have been activating GSM every once in a while to see when the service is active. It is currently picking up a GSM signal in central/western Wise County but not eastern, yet. I'm hoping we will not be delayed like some other states. I'm starting to get worried even though the ship date isn't even here yet...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast