Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: VA Conversion Progress

Device(s)
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trh98 View Post
    I was wondering this as well. I still have no GSM service in eastern Wise County so they have yet to make the switch here where I live. Of course, the ship dates for the phones aren't until later this week/early next week so I wouldn't imagine GSM being active everywhere until, at the very earliest, the phones are actually sent out.

I have an Alltel Blackberry that has CDMA/GSM built-in and have been activating GSM every once in a while to see when the service is active. It is currently picking up a GSM signal in central/western Wise County but not eastern, yet. I'm hoping we will not be delayed like some other states. I'm starting to get worried even though the ship date isn't even here yet...
    You aren't going to see anything with that Blackberry as you need UMTS/HSPA 850/1900 to use AT&T's network deployment.
    iPhone 4 on AT&T:

http://www.xti9.com/v3xx[/FONT][/SIZE]

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zephxiii View Post
    You aren't going to see anything with that Blackberry as you need UMTS/HSPA 850/1900 to use AT&T's network deployment.
    Oh, I see. Well, so much for that idea. I can pick up a GSM signal in Norton but it's a GSM signal that's been here for a while. It's definitely not part of the transition.

I just hope the Tri-Cities Tennessee/Virginia region is not being delayed in any way. I'm getting anxious for the new phones

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Anyone in Wise County received a text message/email about ship dates? I haven't heard anything and the payment has not been taken from my account yet. Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cryospawn View Post
    Anyone in Wise County received a text message/email about ship dates? I haven't heard anything and the payment has not been taken from my account yet. Thanks.
    I haven't received anything.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I haven't received anything.
    I noticed last night the alltel store in Norton looked complete. The inside was all AT&T from what I could see. The At&t signs were still covered though.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I am here in NM, Roswell. I know that the Alltel store has been almost completely converted but the signs are still covered up with the Alltel Banner. My ship date was 4 December and I have still not heard anything. I apoke to three different ATT reps and they all said we are still on track. One rep said the phones should ship on the 8th and another said by mid December, all I care about is having it before Christmas, I want and Apple for christmas i.e. iPhone.....;-)

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beeziefied View Post
    I am here in NM, Roswell. I know that the Alltel store has been almost completely converted but the signs are still covered up with the Alltel Banner. My ship date was 4 December and I have still not heard anything. I apoke to three different ATT reps and they all said we are still on track. One rep said the phones should ship on the 8th and another said by mid December, all I care about is having it before Christmas, I want and Apple for christmas i.e. iPhone.....;-)
    Same thing here! Our store still has the newly placed AT&T signs covered by Alltel banners. They told me December 8th was the ship date to be received by mid-December. However, the AT&T order status page shows ours as "processing" not shipping...yet.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Same thing here! Our store still has the newly placed AT&T signs covered by Alltel banners. They told me December 8th was the ship date to be received by mid-December. However, the AT&T order status page shows ours as "processing" not shipping...yet.
    I am gonna call again today let me know if you hear anything different also.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I am gonna call again today let me know if you hear anything different also.
    Will do, this is the only place I know of that I can keep up with the transition progress. Especially from other people in the same conversion group.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Will do, this is the only place I know of that I can keep up with the transition progress. Especially from other people in the same conversion group.
    Dose your order status page say migration group 3A?

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Dose your order status page say migration group 3A?
    Yep, we are in Group 3A. Still says "processing", as it has for several weeks.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    "Oh, I see. Well, so much for that idea. I can pick up a GSM signal in Norton but it's a GSM signal that's been here for a while. It's definitely not part of the transition."

Yeah, there's NO NEW GSM being built, unfortunately. It's all UMTS.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Yep, we are in Group 3A. Still says "processing", as it has for several weeks.
    I got a message from Alltel in November saying thank you for your order we will let you know when the order ships late Feb. or early March. Alltel said this was sent by mistake but still has me kinda worried.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    Please continue this discussion in the following thread - http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...sion-(CA-NV-VA)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5