Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Palm Pre 2

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakes View Post
    I always pay full retail for my phones. I'm pretty much never eligable for upgrades because I buy a new phone every couple months. Recently (the past few months) though, I've only paid full retail for my Droid2 and Galaxy S.
    do you (or anyone else for that matter) have any idea what the full retail may end up being for the Pre 2?

Device(s)
    Nokia N8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by estew72 View Post
    do you (or anyone else for that matter) have any idea what the full retail may end up being for the Pre 2?
    450 for an unlocked Pre 2 with GSM...I assume it would be close to that for Verizon as well...maybe a little more.
    "But they want the holes. They wanna to live in the holes. And they go nuts when somebody else pours dirt in their holes." House M.D.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    any word if the Pre 3 is going to be coming out for the Verizon network? I read a hands-on review on engadget and it seems like the pre3 is the true improvement over the old pre (as opposed the pre 2). Slightly larger, improved screen resolution, and an improved keyboard.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/09/h...irst-hands-on/

If so, I would consider getting it at the end of the year when my contract is up (hopefully finally making the jump to a smartphone), as opposed to a droid or iphone.

Feedback Score
    you may check also with timtechs.com, they have the link for that, .

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Been using the Verizon Pre 2 for a day now and other than the slight speed increase using the webOS, there's really no big difference that I can see. The body of the device is unchanged, still no memory card slot, and they QWERTY button remain tiny. If you have the Verizon Pre Plus, there's very little incentive in buying the Pre 2.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap2 View Post
    450 for an unlocked Pre 2 with GSM...I assume it would be close to that for Verizon as well...maybe a little more.
    Interestingly VZW is selling the Pre 2 for $410 full retail. A very tempting price, but I'll wait for the Pre 3, given that I owned (and unfortunately lost) the Pre Plus and don't see much difference between the Pre Plus and the Pre 2, other than a slight bump in speed.

Device(s)
    Android(Thundetbolt)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Tour: Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.4.5; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 Pre/1.1)

Are they ong to offer this phone with he free hotspot at some point?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lemew View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Tour: Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.4.5; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 Pre/1.1)

Are they ong to offer this phone with he free hotspot at some point?
    I doubt it. The free hotspot with the Pre Plus and Pixi Plus was an incentive to clear out their stock. They bought too many of them and unfortunately they weren't selling very well. I don't think they'll do that again with the Pre 2/3, etc.

Device(s)
    Android(Thundetbolt)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Tour: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

That's too bad. Love web os. The only thing it hangs on is email. I'm stuck between this phone and the blackberry. Since they cut out 1year contracts my upgrade will have to be rock solid for me to want it for two years.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It's possible that Verizon will be getting the Pre 3, so you might be better off waiting a bit instead of using your upgrade on the Pre 2. The Pre 2 isn't a bad device, but webOS 2.0.1 is buggy and the display is too small.

Device(s)
    Android(Thundetbolt)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Tour: Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.4.5.1; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 Pre/1.1)

good advice. Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3