Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 117

Thread: Cellular Sales

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    94
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Whoregan View Post
    That's a dubious assumption to be making. Given the employee turnover I see in their stores around my area, just from walking in every once in a while, I highly doubt the median income at the company is "double" $35k a year, or for the non- math inclined, $70,000 per year. Are you really insinuating that the "average" CSOKI "contractor" is pulling down almost a six-figure income as a cell phone salesman?


    Sent from my iPhone using HowardForums app
    It's not turnover. The sales people work different stores in the area, like a rotation. It's not any higher than any other industry. The average income for a cellular sales rep is 60k, but there are people, say top 15%, that make $80k/yr. Top 5% make 6 figures.
    The Wireless Hero

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    94
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    You can make $75k/yr selling 80-120 phones a month as primary sales rep, depending on how many non-shared sales you have, accessories you sell, data features you sell, etc.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South
    Posts
    160
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    0
    No independent contractor, err sales rep, in their right mind would want to regularly be rotated out of a location making where they are making good bucks. Repeat business, referrals and relationships are the name of the game in sales....unless of course it is a "fast buck freddy" sales model where you blow out a bunch of sales any way you can and provide little to no service, then move on to hustle the next town. The vinyl siding industry comes to mind when I think of the kind of follow up service a rep might provide who is on rotation.

    As your numbers go, figuring 100 boxes per month, that would mean an average of $62.50 cleared per box. Then there is the approximately 10-12% hit for fica/unemployment/comp. If you and you "parent company" can make a good buck at $62.50 per box going to you.....good for you.....that just seems unrealistic.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    94
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AT&T Snatcher View Post
    No independent contractor, err sales rep, in their right mind would want to regularly be rotated out of a location making where they are making good bucks. Repeat business, referrals and relationships are the name of the game in sales....unless of course it is a "fast buck freddy" sales model where you blow out a bunch of sales any way you can and provide little to no service, then move on to hustle the next town. The vinyl siding industry comes to mind when I think of the kind of follow up service a rep might provide who is on rotation.

    As your numbers go, figuring 100 boxes per month, that would mean an average of $62.50 cleared per box. Then there is the approximately 10-12% hit for fica/unemployment/comp. If you and you "parent company" can make a good buck at $62.50 per box going to you.....good for you.....that just seems unrealistic.
    What your suggesting is that anyone who works in that kind of business model's only motive is to be unethical? Wow. That a pretty jaded point of view.

    Here is what we do for the customer after the sale:
    *Program our number of our cellphone into every customer's phone.
    *A follow-up call is made from our corporate headquarters in Knoxville within 24 hours to confirm the phone number of the rep who sold you the phone is there, they showed you how to set-up email, how to use the phone, etc. You can read up on it here. http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/ju...-jobs-to-knox/
    *A follow-up call is also encouraged from the rep many times after the sale, as well as mailing thank you cards, and asking for referrals.

    The reason why we rotate store is simple, people get complacent. If you work the same store, you come to rely on store traffic as your sole source of income. If that is the case, reps only make $35-$40k/yr. That's a clerk. We don't hire clerks. We look for people that are outside reps - people that can go beyond the store walls. How do they do that? It's not door to door ground pounding, or cold-calling the yellow pages. It could be as simple as branding yourself. Pretty soon, your own friends and family ask the "phone guy/girl" of the group about their phone, how can they switch to Verizon, can you bump up my upgrade so I can get a new phone, what's the best deal you can get me. We also have a huge push since last year with our events department. We set up a booth at a events like Home & Garden Show, Boat Shows, RV Shows, State Fairs, etc. It went from a few tables with a cloth draped over them and a few phones on display, to a $100,000 trailer that unfolds into a mobile showroom that can house desks, printers, inventory, even Air Conditioning for our customers on hot or cold days.

    The numbers you came up with are pretty accurate. That's a fair guess as to what is made on average per phone.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    94
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    To elaborate on what JP is talking about with taxes, don't think of it as an employer/employee relationship... it's a business partnership between you the contractor and Cellular Sales. A TRUE business partnership would be I would pay for the space, utilities, permits, and all other overhead, I would have to purchase my own inventory, scout and hire my own people. I would start the month off owing $5000 in revenue to the business, and after I made that, the rest I keep.

    The is NOT how Cellular Sales works. They provide the space in the best possible locations, pay the overhead, provide the inventory for you to sell, advertise through radio spots or mailers, and all that without any out of pocket monthly cost. Just pay my own taxes, which is way less than owning a business. So you enjoy the higher pay without the expense of owning a business.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    849
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    If all you had to do was pay your own taxes then you would be an independent contractor, which you are not. You must incorporate yourself to work for Cellular Sales. I don't see the point in this and I'm not sure it is legally or ethically right or necessary. It makes no sense to me and is why I don't work for Cellular Sales...also because it is 100% commission. I will never do that again.


    Sent from my iPod using HowardForums App

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    168
    Phone
    Nokia Twist
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0

    something smells in here....

    My bullsh*t indicator was going off, so I decided to make a visit to this thread. Lets not forget, that a lot of us in this particular forum, are real business owners (VZW dealers).

    Lets be real for a second.... You are an employee, no matter how they classify you, I dont care. CSOKI is only taking advantage of you. If it looks like a duck....you know the rest.

    While I know that some people make 60k+ a year there (i know some personally) I also know thats the top percentile. I know the commission structure, I know you split commissions with everyone else working in the store when you are, and I have a pretty good guess on how many boxes you move a month. Most the guys are making 30-35K a year. Even that sounds ok for an entry level job, but when you realize you have no benefits, no retirement, no paid vacation, work silly hours, and travel all over the city, it really sucks.

    I give credit to CSOKI though, because they have somehow skirted every 1099 employee law out there over the years. They have suckered every employee, err...partner, into believing they are in it together. I have always imagined the training at CSOKI is like the movie "Boiler Room". Fly the employees out to training, wear fancy suits, show the top earners, etc... Anyways, they have essentially taken care of the overhead, but placed all liability on their "partners". They will pay the overhead, buy the equipment, but when you get chargedback, you eat the equipment cost(which CSOKI marks up for their partners), with your commission. I just wish I would have thought of this system first.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    353
    Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by itownplayer View Post
    My bullsh*t indicator was going off, so I decided to make a visit to this thread. Lets not forget, that a lot of us in this particular forum, are real business owners (VZW dealers).

    Lets be real for a second.... You are an employee, no matter how they classify you, I dont care. CSOKI is only taking advantage of you. If it looks like a duck....you know the rest.

    While I know that some people make 60k+ a year there (i know some personally) I also know thats the top percentile. I know the commission structure, I know you split commissions with everyone else working in the store when you are, and I have a pretty good guess on how many boxes you move a month. Most the guys are making 30-35K a year. Even that sounds ok for an entry level job, but when you realize you have no benefits, no retirement, no paid vacation, work silly hours, and travel all over the city, it really sucks.

    I give credit to CSOKI though, because they have somehow skirted every 1099 employee law out there over the years. They have suckered every employee, err...partner, into believing they are in it together. I have always imagined the training at CSOKI is like the movie "Boiler Room". Fly the employees out to training, wear fancy suits, show the top earners, etc... Anyways, they have essentially taken care of the overhead, but placed all liability on their "partners". They will pay the overhead, buy the equipment, but when you get chargedback, you eat the equipment cost(which CSOKI marks up for their partners), with your commission. I just wish I would have thought of this system first.
    Post of the month? I think so.


    Sent via the HowardForums Android app

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    849
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    They have to split commissions too?! How is this place even still in business?!


    Sent from my iPod using HowardForums App

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    849
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    I agree, great post.


    Sent from my iPod using HowardForums App

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    94
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by itownplayer View Post
    My bullsh*t indicator was going off, so I decided to make a visit to this thread. Lets not forget, that a lot of us in this particular forum, are real business owners (VZW dealers).

    Lets be real for a second.... You are an employee, no matter how they classify you, I dont care. CSOKI is only taking advantage of you. If it looks like a duck....you know the rest.

    While I know that some people make 60k+ a year there (i know some personally) I also know thats the top percentile. I know the commission structure, I know you split commissions with everyone else working in the store when you are, and I have a pretty good guess on how many boxes you move a month. Most the guys are making 30-35K a year. Even that sounds ok for an entry level job, but when you realize you have no benefits, no retirement, no paid vacation, work silly hours, and travel all over the city, it really sucks.

    I give credit to CSOKI though, because they have somehow skirted every 1099 employee law out there over the years. They have suckered every employee, err...partner, into believing they are in it together. I have always imagined the training at CSOKI is like the movie "Boiler Room". Fly the employees out to training, wear fancy suits, show the top earners, etc... Anyways, they have essentially taken care of the overhead, but placed all liability on their "partners". They will pay the overhead, buy the equipment, but when you get chargedback, you eat the equipment cost(which CSOKI marks up for their partners), with your commission. I just wish I would have thought of this system first.
    I own an LLC, so what's a fake business owner?

    I'm not an employee if I set my own hours, don't have direct management, and work outside the store. Haters gon hate.

    Most people make 60k/yr in Cellular Sales. If "Most people make 30-35k/yr" those are from figures years and years old. That means people are making less than 3,000/mo. If $30k is ok by your standards, that's fine, but that's not the standard at CSOKI, by any means. Where are you getting these numbers from? Since you aren't working for CSOKI, i'm interested in your source. I can give you regional or national averages. Otherwise, I could make up some numbers too if you would like.

    Sounds like a butthurt salesman that is full of negativity. Pick up a book from Zig Zigler, Robert Kiyasaki, or Jeffery Gitomer.

    Quote Originally Posted by iFLAUNT 3G(S) View Post

    Post of the month? I think so.


    Sent via the HowardForums Android app
    Must be a slow month. :twocents:

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    94
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    In all, it nice to talk with others here that are other agents for Verizon as well. Glad we all fly the same flag. If there are other questions you have or something I can help, please let me know.

    If you are considering working for Cellular Sales, I strongly recommend it.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    168
    Phone
    Nokia Twist
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DJDevine View Post
    I own an LLC, so what's a fake business owner?

    I'm not an employee if I set my own hours, don't have direct management, and work outside the store. Haters gon hate.

    Where are you getting these numbers from? Since you aren't working for CSOKI, i'm interested in your source. I can give you regional or national averages. Otherwise, I could make up some numbers too if you would like.
    Anyone can pay $100 and have an LLC...

    I have personally seen hourly schedules made out a month in advance, daily e-mails and text messages from management.

    my source: Regional Director (Kansas/Missouri) of CSOKI

    Things might be different in your market, but I am very confident with what I posted about the KC market.

    And no, i'm not a butthurt salesman , i'm an Indirect owner. I actually envy the way CSOKI manages their company. I think it is a good situation for certain people. Sorry if I offended you.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    31
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've been with CSOKI for eight years, and in that time, I've made good money, had a lot of fun, and made very good friends.

    Being an independent contractor never bothered me. I make enough money to make up for it.

    I made 60k in my first year (and I started in March, so that's March-December). My very first shift made me $350.

    I understand that the business model may not be for everyone (those with families desire benefits and the like), but as an unmarried college dropout, it's perfect for me. I doubt I could've landed a job that would have made me more money. Buying insurance for myself is only $95 a month.

    I also really appreciate the fact that there's nobody breathing down my neck, ever. There's nobody micromanaging everything I do. Therefore the good reps who stick around are self-motivated, responsible and intelligent, which leads to a pretty good culture. I've made some very good friends here.

    As for the comment earlier about marking up inventory for the reps: that's not true. Most markets do something called cost averaging. Some phones are marked up above what the company pays for them while others are actually set to be lower cost than what the company pays for them. For example - and I'm going to use discontinued models for this example - let's say CSOKI buys LG 5300s for $100 a piece. Dealer cost will be set at $120. However, a Palm Treo is purchased at $600 but has a dealer cost set at $520. They do this so reps can sell the Treo and still make money when they sell it at VZW's price (which would be a 'negative' sale, losing money). In other words, they offset the loss taken on the expensive phone by marking up the cheap one. It makes sense, it's fair, and retailers do that sort of thing all the time. So, it's simply not true that all phones are marked up.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    740
    Phones
    Droid X
    DROID X
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Since this seems to be a thread looked at by many CSOKI peeps, I have a question (If I may hijack your thread)


    Can you tell me the Make and model numbers of your signature pads... I think mainly in your "Mobile Stores"?

    I have been wanting to change out my pads and get them converged with my credit card machines as well and I know I have seen some other pads, even color screens.

    A corp employee may be able to tell me as well, but I just want to make sure it works with eRoes.

    THANKS!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cellular Sales
    By BWAHA in forum VZW Employees and Agents Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-19-2010, 07:08 PM
  2. Advertising Sales executive, or independent sales execs
    By CellTrade in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2009, 07:14 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-25-2009, 12:57 PM
  4. Cellular Sales Authorized Retailer
    By thinkpink in forum VZW Employees and Agents Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 07:20 PM
  5. Recovering car sales boost Canada retail sales
    By AdamSavage in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 12:36 PM

Bookmarks