Thread: HTC Desire HD coming to Telus

Phones
    HTC One X
    Samsung M300
    Samsung A660
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    While I'm not saying your lying, I'll wait for something more concrete like FCC or IC filings before getting too excited.

Phone
    Nexus S
    Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taknarosh View Post
    While I'm not saying your lying, I'll wait for something more concrete like FCC or IC filings before getting too excited.
    Totally understandable. I really wonder now when we'll start seeing some sort of news or other rumors about this. I almost can't believe my eyes when I was using it.

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro2
    HTC Touch P3050
    Motorola V3C Razr
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    timeline??
    I'm seriously considering upgrading from my beloved TP2 (if ONLY it had a 1ghz processor, more RAM and a good camera... seriously!) to either the Desire HD or getting a Bell Desire Z and activating it with telus

If Telus got the Desire HD I would be very, very pleased, as would many others, I'm sure.

Feedback Score
    Why does this only have 1.5 GB of internal storage? Majority of HTC's new devices have 8-16 GB of internal memory. Seems kinda iffy.

Phones
    HTC One X
    Samsung M300
    Samsung A660
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Drop View Post
    Why does this only have 1.5 GB of internal storage? Majority of HTC's new devices have 8-16 GB of internal memory. Seems kinda iffy.
    Because it launches with 2.2 and the ability to install apps to SD.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Taknarosh View Post
    Because it launches with 2.2 and the ability to install apps to SD.
    Good enough for me! My brain is on overload trying to pick my next phone. Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Desire HD, SE Xperia X10 or HTC 7 Mozart
    I have nothing but patience and like things about all of the above but also have dislikes about all of the above.

Phone
    Nexus S
    Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sounds like it will definitely be January or later..

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro2
    HTC Touch P3050
    Motorola V3C Razr
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    hmmm tough choice between the surround and the desire HD... the only things making me go more towards the desire HD are the superLCD, increased screen size, increased RAM and 8mp camera... I think both OSes have a lot of good potential... do both the Desire HD and Surround have plastic screens?

I just overclocked my TP2, so that should do for the present time

Phone
    Nexus S
    Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaughan View Post
    hmmm tough choice between the surround and the desire HD... the only things making me go more towards the desire HD are the superLCD, increased screen size, increased RAM and 8mp camera... I think both OSes have a lot of good potential... do both the Desire HD and Surround have plastic screens?

I just overclocked my TP2, so that should do for the present time
    Seeing the Surround and Desire HD side by side in person, the Desire has a much bigger wow factor with the screen and aluminum casing. But of course the first thing to base a decision on is which OS you'd prefer.

Phones
    HTC Desire Z
    BlackBerry Bold 9700/9000/8820
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Does the "test" module you've played with have the same raised bezel edges as the one mentioned on the Engadget review?

Please keep us updated - even though nothing is concrete, this is the first and best news we've heard on a NA Desire HD launch!

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy SIII blue
    Samsung Galaxy SIII Blue
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    desire HD wont be coming for a while... my guess q2 2011.

Phone
    Nexus S
    Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0rbid View Post
    Does the "test" module you've played with have the same raised bezel edges as the one mentioned on the Engadget review?

Please keep us updated - even though nothing is concrete, this is the first and best news we've heard on a NA Desire HD launch!
    That actually surprised me on the engadget review as they seemed to make a big deal about bezel edges and I really didnt notice them much.. if they're there it really didnt affect any playing or typing on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky2006 View Post
    desire HD wont be coming for a while... my guess q2 2011.
    geez, i hope it doesnt get that late, by that time we'll be seeing leaks for next round of android phones from htc. the last thing i heard though was jan/feb as a guess

Phones
    HTC One X
    Samsung M300
    Samsung A660
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by profets View Post
    That actually surprised me on the engadget review as they seemed to make a big deal about bezel edges and I really didnt notice them much.. if they're there it really didnt affect any playing or typing on the screen.
    Engadget, as much as it is a legitimate tech site is so underhandedly pro-Apple its almost laughable.
    I mean the Bezel being elevated above the screen has a very simple and obvious reason. HTC has a feature that allows you to have your phone stop ringing by flipping it face down (like putting down a receiver of a phone). Almost all HTC phone had some way of protecting the touchscreen in that manner.

Another point that makes them look so bad is the negative on the camera lens touching the surface you set the phone down on.
    FIRST OF ALL, the lens is surrounded by a stainless steel bands that is elevated above the lens, SECONDLY the whole lens itself is elevated above the chassis so the lens NEVER EVER touches the surface you lay it on. AND JUST TO SALT THE WOUND, the o so beloved iPhone 4 has a COMPLETELY flush camera lens and the metal ring to the back of the phone YET is not mentioned AT all.

Like it almost seemed like they were looking at grasping straws to egg the Desire HD.
    The only legit complaint in the engadget's review IMO is the poor battery life (which is relative to begin with) why HTC chose such a low mAh battery is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by profets View Post
    geez, i hope it doesnt get that late, by that time we'll be seeing leaks for next round of android phones from htc. the last thing i heard though was jan/feb as a guess
    I don't think Q2. The original Desire was announced Feb 16th, TELUS launched it Aug 6th. I'd say something like a March launch date would be realistic based on the Desire Launch. Late Q1 I'd wager. Also I'd guess TELUS doesn't want to piss off current Desire owners by launching a newer version of their phone less than 4 months after.

Anything earlier would be sweet.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy SIII blue
    Samsung Galaxy SIII Blue
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    umm taknarosh March is pretty much q2... it all depends on when the year starts for telus... may not start for them on jan 1.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy SIII blue
    Samsung Galaxy SIII Blue
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    and nothing says they'll follow the launch pattern of the Desire... they could wait till novembuary 2011.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast