Thread: PayGO Expire Date

Carriers
    Airvoice Wireless ($10 plan)
    Feedback Score

PayGO Expire Date

Ok.... I know this has been asked at least once before

Last night (Oct. 27, 2010) @ 9:15 PM PST (west coast time) from my land line phone, I tried to call my PPC phone and it went straight to voicemail (phone was turned on)

I then went to my account on the PPC website and It still showed that I had "$6.85 balance" and said "This balance expires on October 28, 2010"
    Then on the website I clicked on "call records" and it was Blank.

I then called PPC from my PPC phone (Dialed #737) It would not allow me to add $ with my credit card.... Instead It sent me to Customer service and they were closed.

So I went back to my account on the PPC website and Purchased a $10 PIN... Then with my PPC phone I then again called the balance/refill number (#737) and added the pin... It took and said my balance was now $16.85.... BUT the website still showed $6.85 and still was not showing my call records.
    I then Verified that my my PPC phone would make and receive calls.... and it did.

Now this morning (10/28/10) my account on the PPC website now shows $16.85 and my call records are back.

I wonder if there is a short grace period as to why I did not loose my balance?

Phone
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I do not know why you had problems with your phone last night.

But if the PPC MYACCOUNT system said that your balance expired on 10/28/10, then you had until midnight EST on 10/28/10 (tonight) to add your new pin.

On the other hand on the Standard plan it does not hurt to add the pin a day early in case PPC does have problems with their systems.

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    I add pins on the day I receive the warning text message. While I may lose 5 days of service I've been able to avoid any hassles in the 3 1/2 years I've had the service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleAndy View Post
    I do not know why you had problems with your phone last night.

But if the PPC MYACCOUNT system said that your balance expired on 10/28/10, then you had until midnight EST on 10/28/10 (tonight) to add your new pin.

On the other hand on the Standard plan it does not hurt to add the pin a day early in case PPC does have problems with their systems.
    Have you personally added a PIN on the expiration date? Because the PP website says you have to replenish BEFORE the expiration date, and when I called customer service, they told me the same thing. So according to PP CS if OP had waited until 10/28 to replenish, he would keep the account alive but would lose the $6.85 balance and have only $10 balance from the replenishment. I have not personally tried to replenish on the expiration date because I don't want to risk losing the balance, but am curious whether you've done it successfully.

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, add Pins early, it will prevent a big hassle. I usually add the day before or the day of but on Boost PAYG I added the day of (late at night) and it wasn't posted until AFTER the funds expired... for some reason there was a delay between callingmart's system and Boost's and the payment was exactly 1 hour and 3 minutes late (according to the system) which resulted in a loss of $45.xx.

Boost wasn't even willing to do a one time credit out of kindness. Oh well, I only use it for emergency internet anyway, so I am the one who is 'cheating' them...
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Phone
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I have added pins on the expiration date but I am not recommending that other people do it.

In the case of my niece's phone I once added a pin at 11:30pm on the expiration date.

Phone
    Nokia 6015i since 12/06
    Carrier
    PagePlus since 12/06
    Feedback Score
    having missed once, I now make sure that i renew on day BEFORE it says it expires...because it's my experience that bal expires when that expire day BEGINS (12:01 am) and not when it ends...

also, when you buy the new pin via PP site and apply it, the expire date doesn't update until you refresh page...i then set an alarm for that date minus 1 day and also make a note for $PP in my contacts of same.