Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 503 Errors

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

503 Errors

Does anyone here get 503 Errors when browsing the web? Ive been getting them more constantly nowadays and have no clue why.

My phone is the Nokia 5230 but I dont think that matters.

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by icemasta View Post
    Does anyone here get 503 Errors when browsing the web? Ive been getting them more constantly nowadays and have no clue why.

I get it sometimes and I have the Snap. I usually keep refreshing till it works.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tissot View Post
    I get it sometimes and I have the Snap. I usually keep refreshing till it works.
    Isn't a 503 error a web server error? It could be just the site you're browsing.

You could also try using the Skyfire browser instead, it seems to work well.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xenyz View Post
    Isn't a 503 error a web server error? It could be just the site you're browsing.

You could also try using the Skyfire browser instead, it seems to work well.
    Error 503 I think is a web error but Ive seen the error more frequently than before. I also have Skyfire but prefer Opera if I dont need flash.

Carrier
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Error 503 I think is a web error but Ive seen the error more frequently than before. I also have Skyfire but prefer Opera if I dont need flash.
    What's skyfire? And how's that related to flash?

Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Hi, I am trying to use skyfire but the snap does not want to connect to the data network.... i can only use IE..is there something ic an do to get skyfire working? thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by moti78 View Post
    Hi, I am trying to use skyfire but the snap does not want to connect to the data network.... i can only use IE..is there something ic an do to get skyfire working? thanks
    Hey I remember I had the same problem when I first installed Skyfire. I can't remember exactly what I did, but screw around in All Settings / Connections / GPRS settings 'till you get it going. It does work. (Skyfire v1.5.0.15020 on HTC Snap)

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The 503 errors are getting worse. Just right now I had almost 5 503 errors in a row with even the YouTube app throwing up a 503 error when trying to load a video. Anyone experiencing the same thing

Carrier
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A guess here... but maybe it has to do with the implementation of the Allstream agreement? Maybe they're getting things set up for better bandwidth and it's creating these issues? I haven't had a chance to check since my phone isn't with me.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I mean MTS Allsteam has been the IP provider from Im assuming the start because other users speedtest have shown MTS Allstream as the provider before this agreement was announced, but you could be right and hope itll get resolved quickly.

Feedback Score
    I have used Opera Mini, Opera Mobile, Skyfire, WM6.5 IE, Inbox, Youtube app, Youtube in various browsers, and have never seen a 503 error. I have seen failures to connect, but always as a result of my configuring my HTC Snap incorrectly.

Feedback Score
    It's not the phone. Mobilicity is having problems on its end.

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhf View Post
    I have used Opera Mini, Opera Mobile, Skyfire, WM6.5 IE, Inbox, Youtube app, Youtube in various browsers, and have never seen a 503 error. I have seen failures to connect, but always as a result of my configuring my HTC Snap incorrectly.
    I'm trying to use the Snap with Skyfire (to access Flash), but not luck yet... If you could post some details about your GPRS settings, I would be most grateful.

Phone
    HTC Amaze 4G + BlackBerry Bold 9780
    Carrier
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    A bunch of people on RFD, said that when they remove the proxy settings in the settings that it fixed 503 errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurouni_Kamikaze View Post
    I've been on this $35 unlimited deal for about 2 weeks now, and I'm pretty satisfied.

I too had annoying browser problems with my Nexus One. However, after removing the proxy and port from the data settings, everything is good! Pages actually load now, and fast at that. I believe Opera uses its own proxy settings, which is why it worked reliably.
    Idk if its the same problem.

Phone
    Nexus S
    Carrier
    Mobilicity Happy customer
    Feedback Score
    just remove the proxy address from the APN profile.

this fixes it, reason its because the mobilicity proxy server is damn slow. just don't use it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast