Thread: Help please: "Welcome to Verizon Wireless, We're unable to complete your call"

Feedback Score

Help please: "Welcome to Verizon Wireless, We're unable to complete your call"

Hi, been with Straight Talk several months and after letting my service end date slip by and thus deactivating my account a couple of days I purchased a unlimited plan last night and was on the phone for 30 minutes with CS and finally got my service up and running again...

That is until about an hour or so ago and now when I try to make a call I get the message "Welcome to Verizon Wireless, We're unable to complete your call"

I can't even call 611 to get through to Straight Talk. Is this perhaps a Verizon network issue?

Thanks,
    Sherry

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    I have had that happen to me in the past. I would always turn off the phone and try again. Sometimes, I would just hang up and try again. But I have a cdma phone. So give it a try and reply if you need more help.

Feedback Score
    Wow, thanks for the fast reply. I tried turning the phone off a few times with now success. I don't know if my phone is a CDMA or not (I'm not up on that sort of technological stuff), I have the LG 290C slider phone, if this helps. Thanks!

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    that's the same phone I have. As annoying as it is.. I try and turn the phone on and off each time I get up in the morning and before I go to bed. It keeps that bug from happening. I am not sure if it helps it or not.. but it seems like it for me. Your phone is a cdma phone btw.

Feedback Score
    This is the first time it's happened to me and of course I need to make a couple of very important time-sensitive calls and have no land line. Do you know if this is a Straight Talk or Verizon problem?

Thank you,
    Sherry

Phone
    iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I used to be good friends with a Sherry Miller when I was a kid. It's a Straight Talk problem... you let your number go and they haven't been waiting around lately. Call them at 877-430-2355 if you can get your hands on another phone.

My Babies:
    32gb iPhone 5
    32gb iPad Mini
    64gb iPad 3rd Gen
    13" MacBook Pro

Feedback Score
    tuffigirl.

Right you are. I went to my account and the number is deactivated, even though I spent 30 minutes on the phone with CS and reactivated it last night! I just tried to reactivate on line again and even though my account is showing I just paid for a 30 day unlimited plan last night it still wants me to buy either a card or a three month plan via my credit card to reactivate yet again. The kicker is last night my service end date said Nov 30th, then when I completed the check out it said my service end date was Nov 28th, today my account says my service end date is Nov 20th! My sister stopped by and I called them twice and could not understand a word either "customer service" rep was saying, literally could not understand a word either person was saying. So I have no phone service and just paid $49.00 last night! I let my service run out one other month and had no problems reactivating. It was only out of service for less than 30 hours this time. My previous contract plan with Verizon was $15.00 more a month but I never had a single problem. I'm lost.

Feedback Score
    Called again, 22 minutes on phone told me my phone is now reactivated. Tried..not working. Waited 10 minutes.. not working. Waited 35.. not working. Account still says "inactive". How hard is it to reactivate? WTF?

Sherry

Feedback Score
    Did you dial the number to reset your phone? It's like *22890 or something like that.

Feedback Score
    Just tried, said my phone has been reset, powered off then back on again on it's own and still not able to make calls. Thanks.

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    Have you tried going through Straight Talk Technical Support on Facebook? They seem to do a MUCH better job at solving problems on line rather than having you calling them.
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Feedback Score
    Thanks The_Sweeper (and everyone else)..

Straight Talk on Facebook took care of it and got me back up and running! Much MUCH better customer service than calling. My question was addressed within 5 minutes of posting and my phone reactivated (again) within 30 minutes. Thanks for the tip!

Phone
    iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Sherry I'm sorry you had to go through all that you did... and I hope this is a good lesson for everyone. Straight Talk did warn us if we let our time run out we would lose our numbers. And they aren't the only ones doing this anymore... with phone numbers being in such short supply these days nobody should take the chance of letting their time run out. I'm glad your problem had a happy ending.

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SherryMiller View Post
    Thanks The_Sweeper (and everyone else)..

Straight Talk on Facebook took care of it and got me back up and running! Much MUCH better customer service than calling. My question was addressed within 5 minutes of posting and my phone reactivated (again) within 30 minutes. Thanks for the tip!
    I am glad that you have resolved your problem. Being deaf, I found that their Facebook support group was one of the best customer service experiences I have ever gone through. Far better than e-mailing them!