Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SIM Unlocked Sprint Touch Pro 2 (TP2) with Straight Talk?

Feedback Score

SIM Unlocked Sprint Touch Pro 2 (TP2) with Straight Talk?

So, I was able to swap a regular T-Mobile SIM for a monthly subscriber into this TP2 and it worked just fine (since I used the SIM unlocker to free the "overseas" GSM SIM feature). Can I do the same with a Straight Talk SIM?

If so, do I need to buy the cheapest ST phone from Wally World, a $45 card, activate the phone, and load it before I swap?

Doesn't this seem too simple?

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    No, Straight Talk SIM cards will not work in any phone except the one it was sold with.

So you cannot use your phone on Straight Talk.

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    Won't work but there Are plenty of gsm mvnos that
    Will work with it.
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Feedback Score
    Don't listen to the above posters. Lot's of people have done just what you describe. A quick search will reveal as much. Go for it

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by One2gofst View Post
    Don't listen to the above posters. Lot's of people have done just what you describe. A quick search will reveal as much. Go for it
    The OP may not be able to understand your thick sarcastic accent. :P

Feedback Score
    Nobody has been able to put a single unlocked phone on the ST network yet as far as we know. It is more likely to be able to unlock an ST phone to use on another gsm network then to use another non ST gsm phone with ST.
    This has been proven to be the case with cdma ST phones which can be used on other Verizon mvnos like Page Plus (but other Verizon mvno/prepaid phones cannot be used on ST).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    Nobody has been able to put a single unlocked phone on the ST network yet as far as we know. It is more likely to be able to unlock an ST phone to use on another gsm network then to use another non ST gsm phone with ST.
    This has been proven to be the case with cdma ST phones which can be used on other Verizon mvnos like Page Plus (but other Verizon mvno/prepaid phones cannot be used on ST).
    This is false. I am able to make calls from my unlocked Nokia 1208 which I purchased from NewEgg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16875205141) on the Straight Talk network just fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beand1p View Post
    This is false. I am able to make calls from my unlocked Nokia 1208 which I purchased from NewEgg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16875205141) on the Straight Talk network just fine.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but since you are the only person I know of who has made this assertion, and all your posts are related to said assertion, unless I see video proof of the ST sim powering up in a ST phone, making a call in said phone, powering down, being placed into other unlocked phone, powering up in said phone, placing a call in unlocked phone I can not believe this.

Feedback Score
    Don't take this the wrong way, but since you are the only person I know of who has made this assertion, and all your posts are related to said assertion, unless I see video proof of the ST sim powering up in a ST phone, making a call in said phone, powering down, being placed into other unlocked phone, powering up in said phone, placing a call in unlocked phone I can not believe this.
    Yes. I'm trolling on a Straight Talk forum because I have so much to gain by doing so.

Let me see if I can upload a video.

Feedback Score
    Here is a video of a Straight Talk SIM from a LG 620G working on a Nokia 1208 unlocked phone (purchased from NewEgg): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBqUadicdUQ

Phones
    iPhone 4S
    Samsung R355C (wife's)
    Motorola V600 (oversea travel)
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Not doubting you but can't really see what is in the display with ST sim card in your Nokia.

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    beand1p: can you send me the lg620g phone since you don't need it? Thanks.

Phone
    Cingular 2125
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'd love to know how you did this...I tried the same thing with a ST-ATT SIM in an unlocked Cingular HTC phone, and it was unable to lock into the network. Perfect signal with the ST phone, and with the HTC phone (on my ATT account) but not when the ST SIM was installed in the HTC.

Feedback Score
    I'll do you one better. Send me a PM with your phone number and a time to call and I will make a video of me calling you from my E71 and then popping the sim in my Blackberry 8310 and calling you again. The boot time on the Blackberry is pretty long so it will probably be a 4 minute video total but the point is that I have just done it and know that it is possible. The Blackberry of course has no internet which is to be expected but I will be trying it in my friend's iphone 3g tomorrow to further add another phone to my testing. I think the E71 is locked though. I tried someone's AT&T sim and it didn't work.

Feedback Score
    @stompoutloud - Sorry, I use my 620G. That Nokia 1208 is ancient.

@chuckknight - I didn't have to do anything at all. It just works.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast