Thread: Barrage (V860) tethering hack?

Feedback Score

Barrage (V860) tethering hack?

I have a friend of mine that has a motorola barrage 860 and wants to be able to tether it but isn't going to use it enough to warrant the extra fees of verizon. It's been a life time since I tethered a non-smart phone and never a motorola product. Last non-ppc was a Samsung A920 from sprint and I had to disable the NAI function... Can someone help me with this? I've been googling all day and I'm no where but where I started. I had a usb cable that connected to the phone but the phone itself kept saying unauthorized charger... Do I need a Motorola Specific cable? If so does anyone have any recommendations on where? I noticed the cables/software from motorola was close to 50... little bit much considering I paid 15 shipped for my samsung cable...
    Again sorry if this is just a repeat question but I did search and read through about half the "Barrage release" thread here but I didn't see anything related...
    Any help is much appreciated.

Phones
    motorola moto x
    motorola moto X
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    You have to go into the programing menu on the phone and the data parameters and then NAI and under dun mip nai remove the dun part.
    then under dun sip nai you do the same thing.
    No cable needed.
    Use at your or his own risk though.

Feedback Score
    no cable needed meaning using BTDUN? (edit) my friend doesn't have a BTDongle (end edit) Isn't using the cable a better way as it provides more stable connection along with the ability to charge the phone off the same cable? at least that's how I used to do it with the samsung phone... Seems like it would be easier in the long run to use something that would keep your phone charged as you're using it as tethering does use up essentially "Talk time"...
    Last edited by Joshua Price; 11-08-2010 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Adding

Feedback Score
    I'm not seeing the program code for the phone anywhere... I'm guessing the program area is ##program# ? and 000000 is code to edit values.? I'm searching for the programming area of the phone and thats what I'm coming up with... I won't have access to the phone til tomorrow and need all information readily available so I don't have to take it for long (Its a primary business line)
    Last edited by Joshua Price; 11-07-2010 at 11:12 PM.

Feedback Score
    I am wondering if you ever figured out how to do this