Feedback Score

Lightbulb AWS based mifi is here

Optimum/Cablevision

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Is anyone selling this yet?

Feedback Score
    It seems to be available ... in Hong Kong.
    http://www.modem3g.com/e583c-hotspot...FYXc4Aodh3OhHw

Any updates?

This is EXACTLY what I'm looking for as I'd like to just switch in my T-Mobile (US) SIM from my Rocket 1 USB Modem Stick and, when I travel internationally (UK, IRL, Africa) switch in a local data SIM.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile, Rogers, Public Mobile, T-Mobile, 3 UK
    Feedback Score
    WIND Mobile in Canada is selling this already. So, yes, there is an AWS version. But I think now you have more choices because T-Mobile is releasing several Mi-Fi type devices.
    All comments are my own opinion and do not reflect the views of my employer or affiliated groups.

Feedback Score
    Indeed, you're correct. Now available at the T-Mobile USA web site
    http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones/?shape=mblhsp

Device(s)
    T-Mobile BlackBerry Priv, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless, AT&T BLAST! Plan from 4ghsDOTcom
    Feedback Score
    Another option is this: If you already have a T-Mobile USB modem, instead of having to buy a Mi-Fi, you can instead just buy a mobile Wi-Fi router that's compatible with USB modems and turn your current modem into a "Mi-Fi" that's more powerful than the REAL Mi-Fi! I recommend the Cradlepoint CTR35 Wireless N Portable Router, which allows a maximum range of 350 feet, allows the connection of up to 16 devices, and has an ethernet output for devices that have no wi-fi!
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Feedback Score
    I've considered that and also, through search found threads regarding that exact same idea and whether certain portable routers are compatible with various USB Sticks. But, while the T-Mo MiFi is certainly not a magic solution, the Cradlepoint option still has drawbacks (in my opinion)

1) It's now two devices, the USB stick and the Cradlepoint that need to be lugged, kept track of, etc and that can "break" or have to be matched compatibility wise. I LOVE the portability aspect of just the MiFi device - that you could literally keep the thing in your breast pocket and have ("be") a walking hotspot. You couldn't really do that with the stick/Cradlepoint option.

2) I travel internationally and was hoping to find a MiFi device that works on both T-Mo's US signal as well as other mobile co's GSM signals abroad and, of course, have that MiFi device unlocked so I could just switch out data SIMs from country to country. Notwithstanding my comments in (1), above, I'd be willing to have two MiFis - one for T-Mo US and one for "everywhere" else.

3) Back to (1), above, if I went with that option I'd need another more-"global" USB modem stick to use when traveling internationally (to plug in foreign SIMs). So, now we're up to three devices.

That said the Cradlepoint device is a compelling choice, it seems to be a step up in many features not seen in other devices (range, wireless N, number of permitted connections, wired connection option, etc.) Frankly, the price is right and I can't think of any reason not to get it other than the concerns above.

Can anyone who uses/knows about the Cradlepoint CTR35 tell me what the "best" most universal USB modems would be for world use as well as any ideas (other than eBay, I'm a conscientious objector to eBay) on purchasing a SIM unlocked version of same?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Another option is this: If you already have a T-Mobile USB modem, instead of having to buy a Mi-Fi, you can instead just buy a mobile Wi-Fi router that's compatible with USB modems and turn your current modem into a "Mi-Fi" that's more powerful than the REAL Mi-Fi! I recommend the Cradlepoint CTR35 Wireless N Portable Router, which allows a maximum range of 350 feet, allows the connection of up to 16 devices, and has an ethernet output for devices that have no wi-fi!
    I do recommend that user look for a high performance 3G router like the MOFI3500-3GN to use at home with the 3G stick.

When you travel, use an iphone or android wifi hotspot.

They work really well and do not see the need for a separate device?

The issue many will have is when you may need to use your hotspot device, you battery may be dead.