Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID Pro XT610 Release Thread - Keep all phone discussion here

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by misterSelf View Post
    That's what I did. Just waiting for the shipping confirmation. Order confirmation said that it's estimated to ship today, but I haven't received a tracking number.
    Hey - You will most likely need to call up VZW to get the tracking # or send them an e-mail.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppyjr View Post
    Some updates;

* I initially liked Launcher Pro Plus on the Droid Pro, however; about an hour after the posting, LPP started acting funny and freezing up. I deleted LPP for now and am using the stock launcher.

* I put my AT&T pre-paid SIM card in the phone, then called VZW tech support to get the unlock code - which they provided with no questions asked. The bad news is that I cannot get the phone to recognize the AT&T signal, no matter what I do. I made sure to select the correct network in the network settings and I do see "ATT" at the top of the unlock screen and on the drop-down status bar, but no signal strength and no connection. Where the signal bars are, I just get a circle with a line through it.

I'll post more tomorrow night, after using it all day.

** I asked about the extended battery, but was told they are not yet in stock.

** "ushneb" - does your case have an odd square cut-out near the top on the back?

Hoppy
    Yes it does. I was wondering when I got it yesterday. It seems to serve no purpose at all. A big head scratcher. lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sirflex View Post
    Hey - You will most likely need to call up VZW to get the tracking # or send them an e-mail.
    I just called them and got the tracking number. It should be here tomorrow by 7pm. They shipped it 2nd Day, as opposed to overnight. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait.

Device(s)
    HTC THUNDERBOLT
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey Hoppy and Ushneb,

Can you guys post your feedback on the camera, ie how quick it is to take pictures, picture quality, etc. I see you guys have other phones so you can make a fair comparison.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    One thing I'd like to know. Since I've never had a Moto Android device before, is there a way to set it so it deletes emails on the server as well as on the device? I have my hotmail setup and it's still there in my inbox even after I've deleted it from my phone. Maybe I'm not setting it up properly or something but the setup for HTC Mail was very straightforward.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    One thing I don't like about the high gloss case for the Droid Pro is that the bump for the power button doesn't protrude out enough. Requires me to push harder to trigger it.

Some transitions between menus are kind of slow, compared to the DInc. So far I've seen some lagginess in settings>applications>manage applications, switching from camera mode to view the camera roll, selecting a picture to share and the share menu takes a second to come up.

I'm still playing around with it but the lagginess is bugging me. Never had that with the DInc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ushneb View Post
    It's no Droid or Droid X. The casing is plastic but not as plasticky feeling as the DInc. The battery plate is the same type of snap on as the DInc.

On the back of the case there is a hole right below and to the right of the camera hole and it seems to have no purpose. I'll take pics and upload later when I'm out of the gym.
    Just to clarify in case anyone is worried; while the back is a "one piece" back like the Droid Incredible, mine does not squeak and creak like my DI did. Much more solid feeling. I actually found my Droid X battery cover coming off occasionally, so this kind of back does prevent that.
    Hoppy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ushneb View Post
    One thing I don't like about the high gloss case for the Droid Pro is that the bump for the power button doesn't protrude out enough. Requires me to push harder to trigger it.

Some transitions between menus are kind of slow, compared to the DInc. So far I've seen some lagginess in settings>applications>manage applications, switching from camera mode to view the camera roll, selecting a picture to share and the share menu takes a second to come up.

I'm still playing around with it but the lagginess is bugging me. Never had that with the DInc.
    I agree, that silicone case blows! The power button is too hard to press with the case on. I believe that another upcoming Motorola Droid phone has the same form factor, but no keyboard and does have some kind of rear mounted track-pad mouse device. Either way, the case cheapens the phone, IMO.

I'm not experiencing any lag or delay in mine, but it's still early

As for the questions about the camera, I'm not a good judge since I never use that function (I actually wish there was a no-camera version).

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Hmm........ Maybe I should have not ordered the case then.

Device(s)
    HTC THUNDERBOLT
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There are rumors of a no-camera version:

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/10/29...pro-no-camera/

Quote Originally Posted by hoppyjr View Post
    I agree, that silicone case blows! The power button is too hard to press with the case on. I believe that another upcoming Motorola Droid phone has the same form factor, but no keyboard and does have some kind of rear mounted track-pad mouse device. Either way, the case cheapens the phone, IMO.

I'm not experiencing any lag or delay in mine, but it's still early

As for the questions about the camera, I'm not a good judge since I never use that function (I actually wish there was a no-camera version).

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sirflex View Post
    Hmm........ Maybe I should have not ordered the case then.
    Overall the case is nice. My only gripes with it is the buttons could be more pronounced.

Feedback Score
    How about reception and call quality? I have the X and the DI. The DI I can't understand people on it. And the X I am always hanging up on people with my face or muting them. I tried a corded headset but it either hangs up or starts play music by itself. Verizon told me to get a bluetooth but I have tried them and don't like them.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jewelk0221 View Post
    How about reception and call quality? I have the X and the DI. The DI I can't understand people on it. And the X I am always hanging up on people with my face or muting them. I tried a corded headset but it either hangs up or starts play music by itself. Verizon told me to get a bluetooth but I have tried them and don't like them.
    Calls have been good so far. But then I've only had it for a day so I'll test it some more and see how it fares.

One thing I would like to point out, there's a feature called 'In-Pocket protection' that turns the screen off when you pocket it. It's good but if you're trying to use your phone in the dark like when you're about ready to go to sleep, it will constantly turn the screen off because it thinks the phone is being pocketed. Happened to me last night and I couldn't understand why. I thought I had a defective unit and it was really pissing me off. This morning I woke up and I remembered that I saw that feature and so I turned it off.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Hmmm now I need to decide on Pre 2 or Droid Pro. Tough decision.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by v3rn View Post
    Hmmm now I need to decide on Pre 2 or Droid Pro. Tough decision.
    A-HA! You're the guy who added me on Twitter.

I would say between those 2 choice to go for the Droid Pro. I don't know if the Pre 2 is gonna cut it for most people. Unless it's like the original where you can actually cut something with it. lol

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast