Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID Pro XT610 Release Thread - Keep all phone discussion here

Feedback Score
    anyone know if this thing has a locked bootloader or not?

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Phone has arrived! I must say, I really like the look and feel of it so far.

Device(s)
    Htc Thunderbolt, Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Any contact speed dial?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus 64GB, Microsoft Surface 3 LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sirflex View Post
    I'm a little surprised and shock on dead this forum is for the Droid Pro. I would think there would be a lot of people purchasing it and trying to get it early.
    I really want to try it, but I just don't have the money right now to blow on it. As some others have pointed out, they've been burned buying and returning phones enough times that it's hurting them as well. I will get one in due time -- in the mean time, I'm watching to see what others are discovering before I jump in anyway.

--Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / Fun connection:

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKidd1977 View Post
    I really want to try it, but I just don't have the money right now to blow on it. As some others have pointed out, they've been burned buying and returning phones enough times that it's hurting them as well. I will get one in due time -- in the mean time, I'm watching to see what others are discovering before I jump in anyway.

--Kidd
    Hey Kidd, you still stylin' your TP2? Seein' it in your profile. I sold mine ages ago and went with a bold. I'm so hooked on the bb kb that this android device seems a step in the right direction for me. I just wish it had a trackpad like my bold, heh,heh. The droid pro looks like android is stepping in the possible direction of a nontouch device for us dislikers of all things to do with touch screens. I wonder if wp7 or droid will be the first to come out with a non-touch screen device. Heresy, I know, if either do it at all.
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...ghlight=cbreze

Moto X Pure / HTC 10 / iPhone 7

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
    Hey Kidd, you still stylin' your TP2? Seein' it in your profile. I sold mine ages ago and went with a bold. I'm so hooked on the bb kb that this android device seems a step in the right direction for me. I just wish it had a trackpad like my bold, heh,heh. The droid pro looks like android is stepping in the possible direction of a nontouch device for us dislikers of all things to do with touch screens. I wonder if wp7 or droid will be the first to come out with a non-touch screen device. Heresy, I know, if either do it at all.
    Yep - still packin' my TP2. It's a great little device and I have a couple of WinMo apps that I still either 1) aren't available on any other platform, or 2) aren't as good as the Windows Mobile versions. As you've pointed out - the BlackBerry is still superior in e-mail and text with their awesome keyboards. I started out on BlackBerry with T-Mobile probably 5 or so years ago. Just a month ago, T-Mobile made a new $30 prepaid plan which allows 30MB of BlackBerry data so I activated my old 8320 Curve and carry that alongside my TP2. I use the BB for text and e-mail and the TP2 for everything else. My mobile experience is so much better now that I just carry both phones - hahaha. I'm hoping that some luck will come my way and I'll find the cash to get a Droid Pro because it looks like I *might* be able to consolidate back to one phone for most purposes. Would have to explore Android Market to make sure I can replace the apps I use.

--Kidd

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Received my Droid Pro today.

I was really hoping this device would be a step up from my Droid Incredible; but, unfortunately, it falls short in the call quality department.

I made at least fifteen calls during my four hour drive up the New York State Thruway (wife was driving). Every single person said I sounded muffled as if I was speaking through a pillow or something. Finally I called my phone from my daughter's cheap Samsung slider and sure enough the Droid Pro's sound quality was horrible.

A very big disappointment especially since my DI had less than par reception and call quality.

I made sure I removed all plastic protective layers. I even tried it left handed to no avail.

The form factor, usability and keyboard are excellent, however.

I am pleasantly surprised with the screen size, fonts, Blur and camera as well.

So unless someone can offer a solution to my problem, the device is going back Monday.

Back to my new wish list.

Pete

Carrier(s)
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dcgmedia View Post

I was really hoping this device would be a step up from my Droid Incredible; but, unfortunately, it falls short in the call quality department.

I made at least fifteen calls during my four hour drive up the New York State Thruway (wife was driving). Every single person said I sounded muffled as if I was speaking through a pillow or something. Finally I called my phone from my daughter's cheap Samsung slider and sure enough the Droid Pro's sound quality was horrible.

A very big disappointment especially since my DI had less than par reception and call quality.

I made sure I removed all plastic protective layers. I even tried it left handed to no avail.

So unless someone can offer a solution to my problem, the device is going back Monday.

Pete
    You might have a bad unit. I can't imagine a piece of subpar plastic HTC crap could be better than really any Moto.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dcgmedia View Post

Pete
    Just make sure there's not some little piece of plastic or anything at all stuck down in the mike hole. I had that once on another phone and it surprised the heck outta me. Take it back for a replacement otherwise. I would bet there's a good chance that verizon has them in stock or will soon and would replace it before the official in-store release date (18th). I got a bad bold in the mail and went to a verizon store for another one before it was officially released and voila! Worked, even tho they couldn't sell them yet. Call ahead.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Just make sure there's not some little piece of plastic or anything at all stuck down in the mike hole. I had that once on another phone and it surprised the heck outta me. Take it back for a replacement otherwise. I would bet there's a good chance that verizon has them in stock or will soon and would replace it before the official in-store release date (18th). I got a bad bold in the mail and went to a verizon store for another one before it was officially released and voila! Worked, even tho they couldn't sell them yet. Call ahead.
    I second others above - try swapping it out. As an avid follower of these forums, I'm well aware that many different models are shipped with overall bad Q/A during the build process and dud mics, broken screens, and tons of other problems slip right through and get shipped.

Hope your next one is a better experience!

--Kidd

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe12304 View Post
    You might have a bad unit. I can't imagine a piece of subpar plastic HTC crap could be better than really any Moto.
    Agreed.

VZW said they will replace the unit. Unfortunately, it will have to wait until next Friday. I will report back with any improvements with a new device.

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    VZW said they will ship a replacement. Unfortunately, my travel schedule will delay things for a week.

Very frustrated

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Here are my impressions of using the phone based on a couple of hours last night and this morning. I am a long time user of a Blackberry (probably 8 years now) and wanted to switch over to an Android phone, I already had the Droid Inc. at one point but just couldn't get use to using only the touch screen. I figured this would be the perfect phone for me since it has a keyboard and I am a big believer in the quality of phones Motorola makes.

The look and feel of the phone is fantastic to be honest, I love the way it feels in hand and the quality is great. It's not too heavy nor too light when holding and using. The keyboard is something to get use to since I come from using the Curve keyboard and not the Bold. On the BB Curve, the keys are separated with a like gap. One of my biggest problems with the keyboard is how the #'s are laid out going straight across on the top row of keys. Plus, the ALT key to access the #'s is the very first button all the way on the bottom towards the left which makes it a little awkward using. But, like I said this is something I just need to get use to. I do not see this being a long time issue at all, just an adjustment.

Since I had the HTC Inc at one point, I got pretty use to using HTC Sense which I really liked. I have also used the Droid 1 and X since I have several friends with them and know how the stock android os looks and feel. Now, that the Pro has a modified version of Blur I do not really see a difference. If someone can explain it to me, that would be great. I am still in the midst of setting up my screens. But, I did notice there are profiles for Home, Work and Weekend which I think is a cool feature. However, I do not see myself every using it at all.

I currently have it on the Home Profile and haven't even used any of the other screens yet, still setting it up to my liking. Someone here complained they noticed a lag between switching screen and what not, I have not noticed anything yet. The home screen also has dedicated buttons for Phone, Applications, Contacts, which I think is great and I'm a big fan of.

There is a quick launch section where you can assign applications to the keyboard, but not contacts. This bothers me a little, since I used it on the BB all the time assigning a contact to one of the letter keys. There might be another way to configure it but I have not found it yet, but will keep digging.

I like the feature that if your on the home screen and start typing what ever it might be it will bring on the search screen. For example, if I start typing Facebook it will bring up a list of stuff with facebook including accessing the facebook application. This does not work for contacts though, which sucks.

Since I come from using a BB for so many years, I just can not get use to using Gmail with threading/conversation style of reading messages. This is going to really bother me a lot, even though I used my Gmail account on my BB all the time I did not use the application for it. I like to see all my messages one by one. I do not want to see them bunched up together. Is there a way to turn this off? I turned it off when I access Gmail from the computer but can not see a way to turn it off on the Android app.

That's it for now, will continue playing and report back again later today.

P.S. I bought the silicon case in black for it, I really like since it does not add really any bulk to the phone. However, it is almost impossible to put the phone into standby mode since you need to press down really hard for it to make contact with the button. If I do decide to keep the phone, I will definitely be purchasing Zaggs Shield for it.

Device(s)
    G'zone Boulder
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sirflex View Post
    Since I come from using a BB for so many years, I just can not get use to using Gmail with threading/conversation style of reading messages. This is going to really bother me a lot, even though I used my Gmail account on my BB all the time I did not use the application for it. I like to see all my messages one by one. I do not want to see them bunched up together. Is there a way to turn this off? I turned it off when I access Gmail from the computer but can not see a way to turn it off on the Android app.
    when you turn it off on the computer it also turns it off on the blackberry. can't imagine there isn't a way on android

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SCTelephoneMan View Post
    when you turn it off on the computer it also turns it off on the blackberry. can't imagine there isn't a way on android
    Yea, I just do not know. I've look through all the settings on the gmail app and can't find anything about it. Driving me crazy.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast