Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How to set up Mobilicity data on your unlocked phone

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

How to set up Mobilicity data on your unlocked phone

First off you need to make sure your phone supports AWS (1700/2100). Secondly make sure you have HSPA coverage!

If you're using an Android device you can add these settings by choosing:

settings -> wireless & networks -> mobile networks -> access point names -> hit menu and choose 'New APN'

To get internet working:

apn: wap.davewireless.com

* optional, only use this if leaving it empty doesn't work.

To get MMS working (I didn't test this). Note according to user Quakky it can take Mobilicity 2 weeks to get your MMS working if you just ported.

apn: mms.davewireless.com
    mmsc: http://mms.mobilicity.net (or mms.mobilicity.net)
    mms proxy: 10.100.3.4
    mms port: 8080
    mcc: 302
    mnc: 320
    apn type: mms

I went through a few threads for these settings so credit goes to the posters:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...gs-for-Android

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...t=davewireless
    Last edited by howard; 11-11-2010 at 10:57 AM.

New Infinity Blade character

My iPhone 5 ringtone: Bah, Bah, Black Sheep.

Our reviews:

ZTE Open| Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Apple iPhone 5c | Apple iPhone 5s | LG G2 | Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in pictures | Samsung Galaxy Mega | 2013 Nexus 7 | Cel-Fi Signal Booster | Huawei Ascend Y300 | Motorola Moto X | Blackberry Q5 | Motorola Moto X | Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7" | Belkin NetCam HD | Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8" | Belkin WeMo Switch | Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1" | Nexus 7 2012 vs 2013 | Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 | MugenPower GS4 Battery | Huawei Ascend Y210 | Huawei B890 Router | Nokia Lumia 520 | Blackberry Q10 | ZTE F160 | Samsung Galaxy S4 | HTC One | Sony Xperia ZL | Nokia Lumia 620 | Samsung ATIV-S | Blackberry Z10 | Samsung Galaxy Camera | Reflections on 2012 | HTC Windows Phone 8s | Samsung Rugby LTE | Huawei D Quad XL | Google Nexus 4 | Apple iPad Mini | HTC One X+ | HTC Windows Phone 8X | Nokia Lumia 920 | Sony Xperia T | Parrot Zik | LG Optimus G | Samsung Galaxy Note II | Motorola DEFY PRO | Motorola RAZR HD LTE | From iOS to Android | Apple iPhone 5 | HoFo at the CWTS coverage | Rogers LTE Rocket Hub ZTE MF28B | Nokia Lumia 820 and 920 launch | Motorola RAZR V | Motorola ATRIX HD LTE | Back to School Guide | HTC One V | Huawei Ascend P1 | Sony Xperia ION | Nokia Lumia 610 | Nexus 7 | LG Optimus L7 | HTC Titan II | Sony Xperia U | OtterBox Commuter for HTC One X | Samsung Galaxy S III | HTC One S | Samsung Galaxy S II HD LTE | Nokia Lumia 900 | HTC One X | Apple iPad 3 | Sony Xperia S | Samsung Galaxy Note | Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 | Nokia Lumia 710 | Blackberry Playbook OS 2.0 | Casemate Pop for Galaxy Nexus | Otterbox Commuter for Galaxy Nexus | Otterbox Defender for Galaxy Nexus | Nokia Lumia 800 | Motorola Pro+ | Blackberry Curve 9360 | Asus Transformer Prime | Galaxy S Glide | Blackberry Bold 9790 | Nokia N9 | 2011 Gift Guide | HTC Amaze 4G | Acer ICONIA Tab A501 | LG Optimus LTE | Case Mate TANK | Samsung Galaxy S II LTE | Motorola RAZR | Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Phone
    Nokia E71
    Carrier
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    Thanks howard!

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If you guys spot any errors or have anything to let me know and I'll update the post.

Feedback Score
    Thanks! save myself some trouble searching the forum on the setting.

Carrier
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Hi. I've an unlocked tmobile htc hd2. Problem is that when I try to set up a new APN, it doesn't ask me for proxy, port, MCC or MNC at all, like it used to on my Tmobile G1. It only shows the name and APN name etc. Doesn anybody know where to put the MCC or MNC at? Do I even need those?

Feedback Score
    How about settings for a Samsung Gravity 2, WAP, MMS, Internet, Broadband?

Carriers
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    When I was having problems with my N8 I went to a Mobilicity store to get some help ensuring that my settings were correct. This is after I deleted my proxy setting according to advice on another thread.

The person in the store tried to be helpful but he did not know how to help so he called in to his support number. While the lady that we reached did help a bit, at the end of the conversation she said "Your phone is not a Mobilicity phone and so it is up to you to figure this out".

I was not really impressed with that answer.

My recommendation to Mobilicity would be to buy a dozen of the hot new phones that people want to get and develop a short and easy to use user guide for settings. We all know that people want the Vibrant, G2, some Motorola Droids, MyTouch 3G and 4G - you know that people will get the Nexus S. For the people that know the network (Mobilicity staff), it should be relatively easy to develop a short "How To" for each phone. For each phone go step by step through the phone specific menues - so that noobie techies do not make mistakes.

In my situation - I really like my N8 and have been fiddling with it - but I have no clue where to find the MoMMS settings.

This will ease a lot of grief on the customer's part. If someone can;t get their phone to connect - will they blame the phone or the network?

The people that spend $500 - $600 on a hot new phone are probably some of your best evangelists so you should try to make them as happy as possible.

Be Hobby-ist Friendly.

Carrier
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedZidaric View Post

The people that spend $500 - $600 on a hot new phone are probably some of your best evangelists so you should try to make them as happy as possible.

Be Hobby-ist Friendly.
    I couldn't agree with you more. It wouldn't cost them very much and it would make their customers experience much more enjoyable.

Feedback Score
    You don't need MCC MNC. They just shows up on Android phone.

Phones
    LG G2
    Motorola v3xx
    Feedback Score
    The settings are in the Nexus one "manual" on the support page. It's more of a guide...
    http://mobilicity.ca/uploads/phone-m...One-Guide2.pdf

As repeated elsewhere, leave out the proxy in the data APN and you can also use whatever "name" you want instead of MOBU whatever they have.

Feedback Score
    i had to turn on "international roaming" to get data to work ( on my g1 dream )

im in vancouver, maybe its because of the CDN roaming error they have going on

Carriers
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score

Receiving SMS text messages on HTC G2

I have an Unlocked T-Mobile HTC G2 on Mobilicity and everything seems to work fine except for SMS. I can recieve SMS text messages but I can't send any text. All I get is an error when I try to send texts. I can use data and surf the internet, albeit a little spotty at times but it works. Anyone out there using a G2 on Mobilicity that have SMS figured out?

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile Canada
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I also have the T-Mobile G2. I have it unlocked and rooted using the "g-free" method discussed on the wiki at xda-developers.com and I have flashed the VIRTUOUS ROM 0.9.0 as discussed here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=837042. I am using the data setup as listed above in this thread.

I can report that data and SMS work fine to and from Canada and U.S.A. (but I have not tried international text).

I LOVE THIS PHONE!

Carriers
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Ok so I have a Nexus S on mobilicity, and after I went on the subway a few days ago my phone hasn't been picking up the 3g network. Once I came out of the subway tunnels and my phone reconnected with the network 3g data was unavailable. All of the settings at the top of this post are still set on my phone, but I can't connect for whatever reason...any ideas?

Feedback Score
    I tried these settings on two different Android phones (Samsung Behold 2 and Motorola Defy) and found in both cases that to get MMS working, you need to create the APN for MMS first, and the APN for WAP second. Bizarre, but it worked.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast