Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How to set up Mobilicity data on your unlocked phone

Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I've just bought an unlocked Nexus S which was originally configured to work on T-mobile. I inserted my Mobilicity SIM card, and the phone works, but not the data (internet) nor the texting function. I have followed all of the set-up instructions for the network (APN), etc. Still nothing. Anyone know how to get this beautiful device working on Mobilicity for the data/ internet functionality??? Any help would be great!

Feedback Score
    Are you unable to send even plain text message, or just MMS messages?

Quote Originally Posted by seanhoward View Post
    I've just bought an unlocked Nexus S which was originally configured to work on T-mobile. I inserted my Mobilicity SIM card, and the phone works, but not the data (internet) nor the texting function. I have followed all of the set-up instructions for the network (APN), etc. Still nothing. Anyone know how to get this beautiful device working on Mobilicity for the data/ internet functionality??? Any help would be great!

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seanhoward View Post
    I know it sounds a little silly, but did you try turning off your phone and turning it back on again? I had the same problem you did, until I rebooted. :P

Feedback Score
    hi just got an unlocked htc mytouch 4g. i entered the wap.davewireless.com in a new apn, and my data isnt working, any ideas?

Phones
    k700i
    V3 RAZR
    t809
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    oh man you are a life saver... thanks thanks thanks thanks

Phones
    Galaxy Note 2
    Galaxy Note 2
    Nexus One
    Carriers
    1-800-bloodbath-mobility
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aky View Post
    hi just got an unlocked htc mytouch 4g. i entered the wap.davewireless.com in a new apn, and my data isnt working, any ideas?
    You need to enter the proxy / port as well. Follow the advice for NexusOne on mobi: https://store.mobilicity.ca/images/M...One-Guide2.pdf

Feedback Score

Unhappy I can't get it.

Okay sooo, I have an unlocked Samsung Behold 2 from t-mobile and I unlocked it to use with AT&T. I tried doing an APN for MMS AND for wireless... and it didn't work.

Are there any other tricks to this or am I just not doing it right?

Feedback Score
    what version of android are you running on the bh2? 1.5 or 1.6? i used to own one and it worked GREAT on mobilicity.

Carriers
    Wind Aug11+
    Feedback Score
    While in the States I bought a Nexus S a couple weeks ago along with a t-Mobile pre-paid SIM package. the T-Mo instructions were pretty clear and I was able to get things set up and synching just fine.

so I thought how hard can it be to take it up to Canada and get it set up on Mobilicity?

I took the fone to the local Mobilicity shop and they tried a couple of their SIMs in it and couldn't get thier network to appear on the search. So I wimped out and left.

It sounds like I shoudl have talked them into signing me up for aplan anyway, put in the SIM and followed howards APN set up steps (in cheenachatze's order).

Is there more to it than that? Would there be an general FAQ somewhere for steps, sequence ?

I should be fine withthe routine account linking and stuff.

Obviously I fall into that category of people with just enough info to be dangerous ... just dangerous to my wallet,tho, hehehe

Sharvo

Feedback Score
    Is your Nexus S unlocked? Are you even able to make plain phone calls with the Mobilicity SIM?

Phones
    Galaxy Note 2
    Galaxy Note 2
    Nexus One
    Carriers
    1-800-bloodbath-mobility
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheenachatze View Post
    Is your Nexus S unlocked? Are you even able to make plain phone calls with the Mobilicity SIM?
    All Nexus S are unlocked. Google never made them locked. (as far as I know)

@SharvoX - you can follow the exact steps mobilicity has for the nexus one.

Carriers
    Wind Aug11+
    Feedback Score
    Thx xtachx, I will locate that & give it a whirl.

cheenachatze, I should have mentioned that the Nexus S *was* able to make calls with their SIMs - that seemed to really mystify them.

Feedback Score
    I updated my Motorola Defy to 2.2 (still in beta) and had to put back the APNs. Needless to say, data was working, MMS was not. I noticed that if I just set up APN for MMS, I can send and receive MMS just fine. The moment I add the APN for data (WAP) the MMS cannot send out messages anymore. After a little trial and error, I found the following:

WAP (data) APN settings:

Name: wap (can be anything you like)
    APN: wap.davewireless.com
    APN type: default (type the word default in this field, don't leave it empty)

Hope this works for you!

BTW, the best way to test MMS is to send messages with attachments to yourself. That way you will eliminate incompatibilities between different networks.

Carriers
    Wind Aug11+
    Feedback Score
    Hello all, I have my Nexus S finally set up on the Mobilicity network. The settings are:
    (1) Settings/Wireless & network settings/Mobile network settings/data enabled.
    (2) Settings/Wireless & network settings/Mobile network settings/Access Point Names:
    APN: wap.davewireless.com
    Proxy: 10.100.3.4
    Port: 8080
    MCC: 302
    MNC: 320
    APN type: default

In the specs they said there was *no* SD card, just "USB storage" so I was trying to locate a file I had copied to the USB storage ... couldn't find it til I looked for /sdcard/xxxx. figures.

Sharvo

Phones
    Nexus S
    Nexus S
    Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for the info. Works great with Nexus S, and yes do not forget to reboot the phone for the settings to apply.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast