Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How to set up Mobilicity data on your unlocked phone

Feedback Score
    Man I just got my LG Optimus T in the mail and signed up for mobilicity and the thing hardly connects with these settings.

I live at yonge and eglinton and as soon as i enter my building I get no service. Thats kinda crazy, am I screwed? Will it just never work in my building? Its a pretty normal building and I'm right smack in their zone.

Feedback Score
    was looking for this, you are a champ howard!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Portuguy View Post
    Ok so I have a Nexus S on mobilicity, and after I went on the subway a few days ago my phone hasn't been picking up the 3g network. Once I came out of the subway tunnels and my phone reconnected with the network 3g data was unavailable. All of the settings at the top of this post are still set on my phone, but I can't connect for whatever reason...any ideas?
    Dude did u put it in airplane mode on? and then airplane mode off? It works for me. It gives me my internet back.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Feedback Score
    Hi Howard,

I just got Nokia N8 from Rogers....succesfully unlocked it....tried very hard to get internet, mms, and email working on mobilicity...NOT WORKING on MOBILICITY.....i get message connection failed......tried wap.davewireless.com......but the question is hoe to set up all these tech parameters....(why in the world this tech can not be easy and simple) called their tech support...did not help much as they dont sell N8...
    can somebody help step by step to add new apn or settings that will make my phone work....i m not a tech person and therefore simple easy steps is highly appreciated...thanks in advance and hope to get some help to relive this pain.....thanks once again.....

Feedback Score
    Just bought a Nexus S phone with the 35/month +10data monthly plan.

Calling works fine, but no browsing or texting. I've tried the solutions in this thread, but they aren't working. I'm right in the middle of the Delta/Newton zone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frustration View Post
    Just bought a Nexus S phone with the 35/month +10data monthly plan.

Calling works fine, but no browsing or texting. I've tried the solutions in this thread, but they aren't working. I'm right in the middle of the Delta/Newton zone.
    Did you buy the phone from Mobilicity?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheenachatze View Post
    Did you buy the phone from Mobilicity?
    Yes I did

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 rooted running custom ROM, LG V20 bog stock (no root alas :-( )
    Carrier(s)
    Wind (Mobilicity before December/14)
    Feedback Score
    It sounds like your account wasn't set up correctly somehow. Data might not be enabled. To make sure it's not your phone, check tne Nexus S's settings under Settings, Wireless & networks, Mobile networks (it's at the bottom of the list, scroll down to see it) and make sure Data enabled is checked, then go to to Access Point Names and make sure both Mobilicity and Mobilicity MMS are there and set up according to Howard's post at the top of this thread.

Feedback Score
    Sigh.

It works fine for a day and a half, noe the phone won't even pick up the network and ends up going on roaming. Is the network always spotty like this?

Feedback Score
    Please help. I am trying to set up internet and messenging on my Nokia E73. I bought it from Mobilicity. My voice calls work. I have tried many settings and probably messed it up. Would someone please give me the correct settings as I have to start all over. In one of the posts I read it says to delete the proxy for MoWAP. it causes nothing but problems and also remove both the port and proxy??? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    im having mms issues. Have all the settings set up properly. It says sending and then it times out after a while.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phone_noobie View Post
    im having mms issues. Have all the settings set up properly. It says sending and then it times out after a while.
    What kind of phone you have?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheenachatze View Post
    What kind of phone you have?
    unlocked vibrant galaxy s. I tried the settings mentioned on this forum. I tried sending myself a mms also. Nothing has worked so far. After sending it, it says sending for about an hour and them timesout saying it wasnt able to go through. My data has no problems

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity, Etisalat Afghanistan
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Do you have the correct text message service number?
    RIP Mobilicity

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skhan27 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Do you have the correct text message service number?
    yea i do, tried all the settings mentioned in this thread. Like i said, my text messages are working, just not my picture mail

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast