Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: How to set up Mobilicity data on your unlocked phone

Feedback Score
    I am using a Samsung Exhibit 2 with Android 2.3 Gingerbread. I realized that the APN setup is a little different than with Android 2.2. I also found that with LG G2X the setup is a bit different than with Android 2.2.

APN for WAP should be as follows:

Name: wap (but you can use other names)
    APN: wap.davewireless.com

Leave all other fields untouched. Do NOT select APN type. I found that if I select APN type, I cannot send MMS.

APN for MMS:
    Same as described earlier in this thread.

Hope this helps!

Device(s)
    LG Shine
    Carrier(s)
    1. BELL Corporate
    Feedback Score
    Did anyone have any issues with MMS or Data with Blackberry Bold or Curve's (Whether Unlocked, or Unlocked TMobile)?

Feedback Score

APN settings on Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by cheenachatze View Post
    I am using a Samsung Exhibit 2 with Android 2.3 Gingerbread. I realized that the APN setup is a little different than with Android 2.2. I also found that with LG G2X the setup is a bit different than with Android 2.2.

APN for WAP should be as follows:

Name: wap (but you can use other names)
    APN: wap.davewireless.com

Leave all other fields untouched. Do NOT select APN type. I found that if I select APN type, I cannot send MMS.
    For the record, on my Nexus 4, this autoconfigured and the "APN Type" field is populated with "default,supl".

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if the new HTC One will be able to work on Mobilicity networks?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1coolade View Post
    Does anyone know if the new HTC One will be able to work on Mobilicity networks?
    According to HTC website, there will be a version for TMO USA with AWS band. This version should work on Wind/Mobi.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheenachatze View Post
    According to HTC website, there will be a version for TMO USA with AWS band. This version should work on Wind/Mobi.
    I already looked on the website and it said 700 mhz, and the guides to unlock your phone say it needs to have 1700. Am I correct or no?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1coolade View Post
    I already looked on the website and it said 700 mhz, and the guides to unlock your phone say it needs to have 1700. Am I correct or no?

For it to work on Wind/Mobi, it needs to support UMTS band IV (1700/AWS/2100). TMO uses the same band, so all their phones work on Wind/Mobi. I have used almost 10 phones from TMO on Wind and Mobilicity. But remember that you must get the version for TMO. Based on the specs, the AT&T version will probably not work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UMTS_frequency_bands

http://htc.t-mobile.com/new-htc-one-phone

Feedback Score
    I'm using Andriod HTC my touch. I dowloaded the BBM BES10 and they are asking the server address/SRPID. I entered bb.davewirelss.com but it doesn't work. Is anyone knows the setting?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5