Thread: Haveing trouble connecting my Android phone to my computer

Feedback Score

Haveing trouble connecting my Android phone to my computer

Hi , I have the new Ascend phone from Cricket Mobile, Android 2.1

I am trying to connect my phone to my UBS port on my computer to install a wallpaper.

I tried this at home and it seemed to connect fine the 1 time I tried but then I tried at work and when I connected it the window came up to view files but when I clicked to open the drive it says that the drive cannot be opened, that it might be a corrupt drive. I unplugged and tried it again and still no luck. This is a Vista machine and at home I have Windows 7

Anyone know why Im having issues?

Phone
    Still trying to find the perfect one :)
    Feedback Score
    After plugging the phone into the computer, did you make sure to mount it? On my Captivate I have to do that before the computer will recognize it.

Phones
    Nexus One, Droid Incredible, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S
    iPod Touch 64gb, Droid Eris (reserve)
    Blackberry Tour (sold), Nokia N85, Nokia 5530, MyTouch 3G (reserve)
    Carriers
    DOCOMO Pacific (HSDPA);
    Feedback Score
    Not sure if this works but in the About Phone in Settings, there is a USB Settings option and a menu choice how you want the phone to respond to a USB connection.
    I am @guamguy on Twitter.

Phones
    Motorola Milestone - AT&T
    Moto Milestone [unlock + root]
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    once you connect, pull your top menu down... change the usb settings to "access SDcard" or "portal and tools" ...whatever you happen to need.

also make sure you ahve the latest USB drivers installed.

Feedback Score
    DRILLBIT- I didnt see anything in the About Phone settings for anything USB, I know under one of the settings in another page it has where you can Enable/Disable Mass Storage.

Im still having issues with the phone. Im not sure if its the actual cable or not. Last night it started to act like the cable was loose. the USB would connect in the taskbar, and then disconnect and say Preparing SD Card. It did that 12 times in a row until I disconncted it. I took the battery out and reformatted the SD Card and now its random, it will sometimes show the USB in the taskbar as connected but then when I click on it in MY COMPUTER it will not allow me to open it, saying the drive might be Courrupt. Then when I unmount it from my computer, the USB icon will vanish and then a window comes up in WINDOWS asking me to view files.

Very confusing .

Phones
    Acer Liquid E
    Nokia N95-8
    Razr V3C
    Carriers
    Roger$
    Feedback Score
    Only use a good USB cable. Cheap cables have problems, I have about 10 assorted USB cables and only 2 work with my phone, the one that cam with it and another really expensive one.

Then do you have the drivers on the PC.

Then as stated above "Mount SD card" from the drop down menu

Feedback Score
    For drivers, isnt that something thats automaticlly installed when I first plug it in? I know sometimes, a window will come up asking me to either VIEW FILES or Run some PC software and then it will let me remove or add drivers.

My phone did not come with any software CD. I did install the drivers the 1st time though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by remission20 View Post
    Hi , I have the new Ascend phone from Cricket Mobile, Android 2.1

I am trying to connect my phone to my UBS port on my computer to install a wallpaper.

I tried this at home and it seemed to connect fine the 1 time I tried but then I tried at work and when I connected it the window came up to view files but when I clicked to open the drive it says that the drive cannot be opened, that it might be a corrupt drive. I unplugged and tried it again and still no luck. This is a Vista machine and at home I have Windows 7

Anyone know why Im having issues?
    after connecting USB go to settings > sdcard & phone storage (might be a diff option on yours but along those lines) > click "mass storage only" > it will ask you to turn on USB and boom..it will be detected... I have an lg optimus p500 android 2.2