Thread: Trying to find out how many minutes I use...

Feedback Score

Trying to find out how many minutes I use...

I have the samsung caliber on metropcs and I'm trying to find out how many voice minutes I use per month.

Why? I'm thinking of switching to virgin mobile and if I get away with the 40 or 25 plans, I will, but I'm not sure how many minutes I'm using.

Virgin has a phone with android..and that's all i really care about...and a bonus is the sprint coverage map.

however, after reading this forum a bit, it seems like i can just get the smart phone i like (with android) and just flash it over to metro. I'm in detroit, so I'd have access to "4g" or atleast 3g right?

Phone
    LG Connect
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by focused313 View Post
    I have the samsung caliber on metropcs and I'm trying to find out how many voice minutes I use per month.

Why? I'm thinking of switching to virgin mobile and if I get away with the 40 or 25 plans, I will, but I'm not sure how many minutes I'm using.

Virgin has a phone with android..and that's all i really care about...and a bonus is the sprint coverage map.

however, after reading this forum a bit, it seems like i can just get the smart phone i like (with android) and just flash it over to metro. I'm in detroit, so I'd have access to "4g" or atleast 3g right?
    Yes you can flash a phone over to Metro but you won't get to utilize 3G or 4G with a flashed phone. 4G is currently only on the Samsung Caliber and there are reports that the 3G connection has been dropped since the 4G network started coming up.

On a side note, there is a Metro branded Android coming out soon, Metro has coverage now every Virgin does and in rgerads to your original question, I don't think there's a way to count minutes on a Metro account.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wagonis View Post
    Yes you can flash a phone over to Metro but you won't get to utilize 3G or 4G with a flashed phone. 4G is currently only on the Samsung Caliber and there are reports that the 3G connection has been dropped since the 4G network started coming up.

On a side note, there is a Metro branded Android coming out soon, Metro has coverage now every Virgin does and in rgerads to your original question, I don't think there's a way to count minutes on a Metro account.
    are you saying that metro's network matches Sprint? I find that ridiculously hard to believe.

i wonder how long before metro has that android.

Phone
    LG G2
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    are you saying that metro's network matches Sprint? I find that ridiculously hard to believe.

Metro signed a contract with Sprint just a couple weeks ago that lets them use their network to roam on so yes, Metro's network matches Sprint's. Check it out on the Metro website.

Phone
    LG Connect
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by digi7al ph0enix View Post
    Metro signed a contract with Sprint just a couple weeks ago that lets them use their network to roam on so yes, Metro's network matches Sprint's. Check it out on the Metro website.
    Yeah, what he said...so not all that ridiculously hard to believe.

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

If the Caliber is like the Finesse then to find your minutes go to Menu -> Calls -> Call Timer. This will show Last Call, Outgoing/ Incoming, Roaming and All Calls. If you've had the phone for more than a month, you would need to reset the counter then check it again in a month to see your monthly minute usage.

Hope this help.

Phones
    Nokia 6265i sold for too much money :)
    LG Optimus M
    Motorola V325
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    3g aka evdo is still in the detroit market. i use it daily
    Poma Computers Facebook Page

BTM and Bangin Magazines

Hanging out at a photo shoot. Yes, the screen name really does say it all.