Thread: Will straight talk change your phone number for free if you want/need a new #?

Feedback Score

Will straight talk change your phone number for free if you want/need a new #?

I was just wondering if its possible to change the current phone number you have on straight talk by calling straight talk and requesting a new phone number? Would they do it?
    At this time, I might be the only person to own the nokia 6790 offered through straight talk's network?

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Hm, they probably would. If you have a GSM phone, they'll most likely have to send you a new sim card. Just call and ask, they have AMAZING customer service. Not.

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    ST's customer service is indeed amazing! Amazingly crappy.

►►► U.S. Ranks Dead Last In Overall Social Spending (Read the comments section too!)

►►► The Scam Behind The Rise In Oil And Food Prices

THINK for yourself!
    QUESTION authority!
    Realize that ALL governments LIE!
    Don't be one of the sheeple!

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Yes they will, but it may mess with your top up date. Make sure they don't hose with your monthly end date when they change the number!

Feedback Score

Lightbulb You Can Switch Active Verizon Phone To Straight Talk, Yes!

I wanted to let you know that if you have an active Verizon cell phone, you can switch it to Straight Talk, as long as the number is active, it has to be active because if it isn't, Verizon will not release it to Straight Talk. So before you switch to Straight Talk, do NOT cut off your Verizon cell phone number if you want to keep that number with Straight Talk.

Straight Talk also from what I hear, primarily uses Verizon towers but also uses AT&T. I cannot confirm they use AT&T but I can confirm they use Verizon towers.

My family of six, are all using Straight Talk now and we are saving over $1500 per year vs Verizon annual contract cell phone, wireless service.

My posts on TheUglyVirgin.com as well as FinerFind.com are all legitimate reviews of Straight Talk, their free cell phone offers and the bundles they have available.

We have always been impressed with the customer support at Straight Talk and the only thing we don't like is their support of Walmart. I say this only because my family found out where Walmart's owner's (the Walton's) money goes politically and we learned that the vast majority of Walmart products, including groceries, goes to support China, a communist country and not U.S. Jobs. In fact, over 50% of all Walmart employees rely on state and federal medical insurance and food stamps because of their low wages and not being able to buy into their health care. This is our view and we choose to spend our money at locally owned stores and co-op's to support America and American jobs.

For those reasons, we choose Auto-pay for our Straight Talk. we don't have to buy a refill card at Walmart, the only one who carries them by the way, we do it monthly via our debit card, automatically.

PR.. Straight Talk is now offering Smart Phones with the unlimited bundles for $45 per month. The NOKIA E71 and Nokia 6790 are just two of them. they also have free cell phone offers all the time and this month, it's the LG420G or the T255G.

Phones
    Moto X
    Moto X
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    My granddaughter was getting calls and texts from people she didn't know from the first day she activated her phone. I went to ST's Facebook page, created a support ticket with the reason why we wanted to change phone numbers, and it was changed right away.

Carrier
    Straighttalk
    Feedback Score
    Deoro I know you had the number already changed but they will usually change it once without any issues. I had to have mine changed 3 times due to getting explicit texts and calls from the people that previously had the numbers. LOL some were quite funny too...............

Feedback Score
    Is it possible to port a number to ST after SIM is activated. I cancelled my T-Mobile line today so can I still do that or did the t-mobile line have to be still active to port number.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crashracer35 View Post
    Is it possible to port a number to ST after SIM is activated. I cancelled my T-Mobile line today so can I still do that or did the t-mobile line have to be still active to port number.
    The account has to be active to port the number out of it.

I don't know if exceptions are made to that rule, but its not likely.

Sent from my HTC Panache using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Can I port my ATT landline to Straight Talk? Need to consolidate landline and cell. I'd like to get one of those whole house blue tooth Panasonic systems so that my ST cell can serve as my only phone.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crashracer35 View Post
    Also, A SIM card can only accept one phone number. Another phone number requires a new SIM.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin8 View Post
    Can I port my ATT landline to Straight Talk? Need to consolidate landline and cell. I'd like to get one of those whole house blue tooth Panasonic systems so that my ST cell can serve as my only phone.
    Yes you can port your AT&T number to ST. If you choose a GSM phone with an AT&T SIM the port will go faster and you will still be with AT&T service, only thru ST.

Feedback Score
    Great to hear! Looking forward to getting rid of my ATT landline, but it'll be kinda sad to get rid of my cell number because I've had it for over 8 years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theuglyvirgin View Post
    I wanted to let you know that if you have an active Verizon cell phone, you can switch it to Straight Talk, as long as the number is active, it has to be active because if it isn't, Verizon will not release it to Straight Talk. So before you switch to Straight Talk, do NOT cut off your Verizon cell phone number if you want to keep that number with Straight Talk.

Straight Talk also from what I hear, primarily uses Verizon towers but also uses AT&T. I cannot confirm they use AT&T but I can confirm they use Verizon towers.

My family of six, are all using Straight Talk now and we are saving over $1500 per year vs Verizon annual contract cell phone, wireless service.

My posts on TheUglyVirgin.com as well as FinerFind.com are all legitimate reviews of Straight Talk, their free cell phone offers and the bundles they have available.

We have always been impressed with the customer support at Straight Talk and the only thing we don't like is their support of Walmart. I say this only because my family found out where Walmart's owner's (the Walton's) money goes politically and we learned that the vast majority of Walmart products, including groceries, goes to support China, a communist country and not U.S. Jobs. In fact, over 50% of all Walmart employees rely on state and federal medical insurance and food stamps because of their low wages and not being able to buy into their health care. This is our view and we choose to spend our money at locally owned stores and co-op's to support America and American jobs.

For those reasons, we choose Auto-pay for our Straight Talk. we don't have to buy a refill card at Walmart, the only one who carries them by the way, we do it monthly via our debit card, automatically.

PR.. Straight Talk is now offering Smart Phones with the unlimited bundles for $45 per month. The NOKIA E71 and Nokia 6790 are just two of them. they also have free cell phone offers all the time and this month, it's the LG420G or the T255G.
    Ugluvir, too funny that you condemn WM about Chinese made products..and still buy from WM. Do you realize that ALL the big box retailers have a huge percentage of Chinese made products? Think Target, Kmart, RadioShack, hell throw in Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Regarding health insurance from WM: my niece is employed with WM and her estimate is that less than 10% use any gov. plan...post your source as it's bs. You appear to be a democrat/union supporter with your claims. Unions have tried for many years to organize WM and employees have always rejected their attempts. Fact: WM is the largest US private employer and the largest corporate donor to charities and schools..google and learn the facts. Now do I like Chinese goods? Hell no, not when they have their nukes pointed at us and their flagrant disregard for their people and workers rights (as in no rights). At least my LG Optims phones come from S. Korea. For you iPhone lovers: every iphone, ipod series, and ipads are made in China...and you are probably not aware that Apple ranks at the BOTTOM of corporate giving to charities..not a company I would do business..especially with their locked down o/s system.

Regarding ST networks: they use Verizon (cdma), At&t, and T-Mobile on their gsm side.

Carrier
    AIO, Cricket or whatever AT&T is calling it this week
    Feedback Score
    *Sigh* Nobody looks at post counts and thread start dates. It's just some spammer who resurrected an almost year-old thread just to hawk links to their spammy websites. I don't know why the moderators seem to ignore the Straight Talk section.