Phones
    Samsung SCH-U750 Zeal
    Samsung SCH-U900 Flipshot
    Motorola v750 Adventure (retired)
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailorcancer View Post
    That sucks. I was hoping Samsung finally adopted micro USB. A few of their other phones have been using it.
    I agree. But, this is the most advanced phone for my old calling plan without data as of today. I think people are mis-understanding the niche of this phone. Yes, it is a re-branding of Alias 2 (Alias 2 is phasing away now), but Zeal does not require data unlike Alias 2. I think this is another way of verizon trying to switch people who have older calling to NW or add a data plan to their old calling plan. If not, why would they offer advanced data features on this phone?

I would love to use Duracell's MyGrid (I think that's what it's called. A powermat copy...but let's you use microUSB, etc. Saw one at CVS) though
    Last edited by vagrants; 11-22-2010 at 03:47 PM.

Feedback Score

need some help

ok so check it out i went to zaks set up everything correctly got conformation sent to my phone so im a member and i got the ip correct should the wap number by my MDN or MIN number cuz it still says everytime i try to connect to the internet with my phone it goes straight to a screen that says for wireless internet services please dial *611 and thats a verizon help line but im not callin verizon and telling them hey im tryin to connect to the internet using a free server can you help cuz that would be stupid my MDN is different from my MIN so could that be affecting the way the zak server is logging in should i try a different server whats the link for humpa cause i've never heard of that before can someone help me on this

Phones
    Samsung SCH-U750 Zeal
    Samsung SCH-U900 Flipshot
    Motorola v750 Adventure (retired)
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It's been a while doing this...so I'm not sure if I can be helpful. If I understand correctly if MIN and MDN are different, most likely you are on a family share plan or something like that. Zaks doesn't like that at all...I tried setting up an account where MIN and MDN are different, I wasn't able to with Zaks. It's something to do with the internal configuration of Zaks when I tried, which was whenever I originally posted hacks on this phone. The problem might have been solved, I really don't know. I lost interests.

Phone
    Samsung Alias 2, UTStarcom PCS1400 (Slice)
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I have a question about the Samsung u750 Alias 2 vs. the Zeal.

Does anyone know if the only difference with the Zeal is updated firmware? It seems strange otherwise that the model number is exactly the same.

I just bought a used VZ Alias 2 that I'm using on Page Plus. It shows a software rev of CH07. Apparently Zeals have a rev of DH09. So I'm wondering if a flash upgrade to DH09 (if I can find it) would turn my phone into a Zeal. From what I read it seems the Zeal has more app possibilities, using Flash Lite, I think.

Feedback Score
    Hey vagrants,

I have the Samsung Alias 2 u750 and can't use any of the phones features through Page Plus Cellular. Also can't send videos.

Can you tell me where I can find the Samsung USB driver, Samsung PST, and SCH-U750 dll?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrants View Post
    Ringtone directory is locked by VZW, so no direct access to:
    /brew/mod/10889/ringtones (not even hexdump). But!

1) Install BitPim 1.0.7 Official
    2) Run BitPim (Zeal will be automatically identified as Alias 2)
    3) Navigate to: /brew/mod/18067 and upload sound files (MP3 & MID tested)
    4) Close BitPim and restart the phone
    5) After the restart, run BitPim
    6) Navigate to: /brew/mod/18067 and copy "MsInfo.db" to your comp
    7) Open "MsInfo.db" with notepad (before modifying, create backup just in case). Once it's opened, it looks something like:
    /ff/brew/mod/18067/Midnight Train_B.mp3|0|0/ff/brew/mod/18067/Motov750_PRELOADED_Alert.mid|0|0/ff/brew/mod/18067/Motov750_PRELOADED_Beep Once.mid|0|0
    -return character apparently does not matter, so I can reformat to:
    /ff/brew/mod/18067/Midnight Train_B.mp3|0|0
    /ff/brew/mod/18067/Motov750_PRELOADED_Alert.mid|0|0
    /ff/brew/mod/18067/Motov750_PRELOADED_Beep Once.mid|0|0
    8) If a file goes to "My Ringtones", change the last 0 to 3. If a file goes to "My Sounds", change the last 0 to 7 (8 worked as well for the phone to show the file, not sure if the phone lets delete a file with this 8)
    eg: In this example, .mp3 goes to ringtone and .mid goes to "My Sounds"
    /ff/brew/mod/18067/Midnight Train_B.mp3|0|3
    /ff/brew/mod/18067/Motov750_PRELOADED_Alert.mid|0|7
    /ff/brew/mod/18067/Motov750_PRELOADED_Beep Once.mid|0|7
    9) Save and upload the updated MsInfo.db back to /brew/mod/18067
    10) Close BitPim and restart the phone
    11) On the handset, go to "Media Center" > "Music & Tones" to check "My Ringtones" and "My Sounds"

To delete the uploads, go "Settings & Tools" > "8" (Memory) > "2" (Phone Memory) > go to appropriate folder and use softkey. BitPim can directly delete the uploads, but MsInfo.db either has to be deleted and/or updated manually to reflect the change. If "Settings&Tools" is used, the phone reflects the change automatically.

/brew/mod/10889 is "My Music" folder. Upload .mp3 here and restart the phone. Uploaded .mp3 should be visible by the VZW V Cast player. To delete the uploaded file, use the VZW V Cast player (it appears this helps updating the phone's music database faster than going into "Settings&Tools").
    Hey vagrants,

I have the Samsung Alias 2 u750 and can't use any of the phones features through Page Plus Cellular. Also can't send videos.

Can you tell me where I can find the Samsung USB driver, Samsung PST, and SCH-U750 dll?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2