Thread: Smartphones Talk Free Promo

Phones
    Tour
    EVO 4G
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe12304 View Post
    They wouldn't be able to afford the awesome network if they did that. Look at Sprint. They have no coverage and are going bankrupt.
    Jesus could you be more of VZW Zealot....5bn in Free Cash is hardly going broke, learn economics 101!!!! No Coverage, Please!! But I guess this is the only CARD VZW fanboi's can play when some mentions getting better Value elsewhere, because we all know Verizon sucks at providing Value.

See you in the Sprint forum Joe!

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lets456 View Post
    Quick question. I have a 4 line family plan and NO data packages on my 2 year old plan. However, I have a 3 year old Palm Centro on my line which is NOT the main line. Would that qualify for the "upgrade" and $10 credit? I was given two different answers by two different reps saying that because the Centro is a smartphone it does not qualify. Another said it qualifies... right now my budget is tight and the $20 more is even stretching it.

If not, I guess I could switch my Razr over? However, I am concerned if i take the centro off I can not get it back on without paying the data fee...
    I'm assuming you have no data plan on the Centro. That means you should qualify for the promo afaik

Phones
    Now: (2) Droid2G, Samsung Zeal|Past: Motorola VU30, e815, v276pp, v265, 120c, MicroTAC; Samsung
    SCH-a870, SCH-a650, SCH-411; Nokia 3589|POS: LG Voyager, VX8500; Audiovox CDM8600
    Carrier
    Airtouch ;)
    Feedback Score
    I was just on an online chat with VZW CS and was told that the promo could not be applied to a primary line upgrade. Did I get a clueless CS rep, or does this actually only apply to secondary lines?

What I would like to do is use my NE2 and the Droid 2 Global BOGO to upgrade my line (primary) and one of my secondary lines and have the ~$10 credit applied to both lines, primary and secondary. Does anyone know for sure if I can do that?
    Tom

"Fundamentally, there are only two ways of coordinating the economic activities of millions. One is central direction involving the use of coercion - the technique of the army and of the modern totalitarian state. The other is voluntary cooperation of individuals - the technique of the marketplace."
    -- Milton Friedman

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    I was just on an online chat with VZW CS and was told that the promo could not be applied to a primary line upgrade. Did I get a clueless CS rep, or does this actually only apply to secondary lines?

What I would like to do is use my NE2 and the Droid 2 Global BOGO to upgrade my line (primary) and one of my secondary lines and have the ~$10 credit applied to both lines, primary and secondary. Does anyone know for sure if I can do that?
    The primary line isn't a 9.99 add a line or secondary line. Only secondary lines can get it.
    v Speed Test with my Motorola Droid in AL. Droid Does (and so Does Verizon).

Speed Test with my Motorola Droid in Birmingham, AL. Droid Does (and so Does Verizon).^

Speed Test with DSL internet with AT&T(Bellsouth). Horrible.

Feedback Score
    I currently have three lines and I am thinking about adding a fourth as a smartphone. The main line currently has a smartphone activated on it and the second and third lines are feature phones. My plan is to activate a feature phone on the main line so that I can sell off my current smartphone and then add a fourth line to take advantage of the smartphones talk free deal. Would this plan work, so that I would receive the $9.99/month credit?

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post

Tell the rep to refer to the press release. It clearly says in BOLD.

To take advantage of the Smartphones Talk Free promotion, customers will need a Nationwide Family SharePlan starting at $69.99 monthly access for 700 Anytime Minutes and add a $29.99 data plan for each additional smartphone. Customers currently on a Nationwide Family SharePlan may have a total of up to five lines, and receive the promotional credit on each new line that uses a new smartphone. The $9.99 credit expires after 24 months. The offer ends Jan. 7, 2011.
    If all 5 lines can get the $9.95, that would include the primary as well.

Feedback Score
    Not sure where you see that it says all 5 lines are eligible.
    Try reading it again

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RIPPIMPC View Post
    I currently have three lines and I am thinking about adding a fourth as a smartphone. The main line currently has a smartphone activated on it and the second and third lines are feature phones. My plan is to activate a feature phone on the main line so that I can sell off my current smartphone and then add a fourth line to take advantage of the smartphones talk free deal. Would this plan work, so that I would receive the $9.99/month credit?
    As long as you keep the or a smartphone on that line with a data plan of 29.99, then you will get the 9.99 credit each month. If you swap it for a feature phone, then it will go away.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellKrazeDude View Post
    As long as you keep the or a smartphone on that line with a data plan of 29.99, then you will get the 9.99 credit each month. If you swap it for a feature phone, then it will go away.
    On the main or possibly soon to be fourth line?

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lafester View Post
    Not sure where you see that it says all 5 lines are eligible.
    Try reading it again
    The part that says each new line with a smartphone can receive the promotional credit? Perhaps you should read it again.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RIPPIMPC View Post
    On the main or possibly soon to be fourth line?
    Main line can't get the 9.99 discount because it is the primary line and not 9.99 a month.

Feedback Score
    I get a 25% off home depot discount on data. Can I get that discount and the $9.99 discount on top of it?

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ushneb View Post
    The part that says each new line with a smartphone can receive the promotional credit? Perhaps you should read it again.
    Maybe you want to read "each line with a new smartphone..." but what they actually wrote was "each new line with a smartphone...", which doesn't necessarily mean the same thing.

Feedback Score
    This is how this promo will show up under your account:

Phones
    Galaxy Nexus
    Galaxy Nexus
    Motorola Droid 2
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    We have 3 secondary lines, all with Droid X's and Droid 2's. We got them before the promo started, so I was unable to use the credit. So, I went online and changed one line to a Gzone Boulder I have. Left it for 20 minutes, then switched back. Called back, got the discount. Then, I put the Boulder on line two. Waited 20 minutes and switched back. Got the promo online 2. Did the same with the 3rd line, and now my bill is 30 bucks cheaper a month!
    I'm just a twenty-something year old college graduate speaking geek on HoFo!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast