Thread: Net10 - which cell towers using?

Feedback Score

Net10 - which cell towers using?

I found a good deal on both the Samsung T401 and the R355C. I prefer the T401's form factor.

However, I noticed the T401 is a GSM phone (whereas the R355C is CDMA). I called Net10 to ask if they are using AT&T or T-mobile towers in zip code 98908 for the GSM. I wanted to make sure they are not using T-mobile. The CSR told me the phone would use Verizon towers there. I told him the phone is a GSM, and he insisted that it uses Verizon there. Is there a way to check which towers I would use. I don't think he's right. Maybe a dealer on here has a way of checking for me? Again, it's zip code 98908. Thanks!

Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by odie91 View Post
    I found a good deal on both the Samsung T401 and the R355C. I prefer the T401's form factor.

However, I noticed the T401 is a GSM phone (whereas the R355C is CDMA). I called Net10 to ask if they are using AT&T or T-mobile towers in zip code 98908 for the GSM. I wanted to make sure they are not using T-mobile. The CSR told me the phone would use Verizon towers there. I told him the phone is a GSM, and he insisted that it uses Verizon there. Is there a way to check which towers I would use. I don't think he's right. Maybe a dealer on here has a way of checking for me? Again, it's zip code 98908. Thanks!
    Just goes to show you that CS Rep don't know didly squat about the Tracfone system.
    If the phone has a T5 sim card in it, it will use T-mobile.
    If it has a C4 sim card it will use AT&T.
    Check each one's Coverage Map to see what service(s) is available in your area.

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Look on the bottom of the phone package. The product code will have a 4 or a 5 near the end of the code. For instance, I've seen a new LG 320G with the code NTLG320GP4 - N3. The P4 tells me it has an AT&T SIM. If it were P5, it would mean T-Mobile.

Judging by the coverage maps, all three major carriers have at least some coverage in your area.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Zip 98908 is Net10`s GSM5at Market and you will receive a T-Mobile SIM if you order from the Net10 website.. You will have to use a zip for the GSM4 market to get AT&T.

Feedback Score
    The sim will tell you. However, you can also go to wirelessamberalerts.org and put in your number. It will then tell you what provider you are using.

Feedback Score
    I bought it at a brick and mortar store in Texas, and turns out it is P4 =).

So when I move to 98908, it will be running off of AT&T towers, even though Net10 officially considers it a T-mobile zone?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Zip 98908 is Net10`s GSM5at Market and you will receive a T-Mobile SIM if you order from the Net10 website.. You will have to use a zip for the GSM4 market to get AT&T.

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by odie91 View Post
    I bought it at a brick and mortar store in Texas, and turns out it is P4 =).

So when I move to 98908, it will be running off of AT&T towers, even though Net10 officially considers it a T-mobile zone?
    Net10/Trac receive better rates from T-Mobile. Consequently they try push ppl towards T-Mo. I've activated and used several AT&T and CDMA Tracs in what Trac shows as a T-5 zip code. Checking the AT&T coverage map using the zip code you provided you should have good service with a C-4 SIM.

Feedback Score
    It is apparent that Net10 gets a better deal from T-Mobile than it gets from AT&T. So regardless of which carrier is better for your zip, you will get a SIM for whichever carrier is better for Net10's bottom line. Profit wins out over reality. So you have to find a zip code where there is no T-Mobile whatsoever and you will get an AT&T SIM. Or go to a store, where AT&T SIMs are more likely because Net10 needs the phones to actually work. The SIM will try to connect to AT&T unless that is impossible. Then it will find a roaming partner. Net10 has a say in who the roaming partners are, but basically the phone behaves according to its SIM carrier. Net10 is just a pipeline into the regular networks. The regular networks get more customers without having to actually deal with them personally. If you are interested in coverage information, go to the actual underlying carriers, not Net10's fake information.

Feedback Score
    thanks ya'll for that information.

Feedback Score
    I also have a C4 sim card and it works really well in my area. Can't complain by the net10 service because it has been excellent so far.

Feedback Score
    All this talk is moot now that at&t and t-mobile are joining forces. What does that mean for us net10 users? Does our coverage just get that much better or does it combine now!? This has to be good news for us right? My network has been solid thus far, but I'm curious what the implications of the at&T and t-mobile service will be in the future of net10. I'm excited! haha

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile is still running their TV ads trying to make AT&T look the fool. Maybe they were prepaid and cannot be stopped.