Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unable to call certain phone numbers

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score

Unable to call certain phone numbers

I just signed up for Mobilicty in Vancouver, and I can call anyone except one person (on Wind). When I call it says it cant connect the call and tells me to call 611. My friend also cannot call me, but can call anyone else. I called tech support and they had no idea what is going on. Has this happened to anyone else? I dont know anyone else with a Wind phone, so I dont know if its just the one number, of if I cant call anyone on Wind...

This is really annoying, especially since this is the one phone number that I actually call regularly.

Also, I get constant low signal no matter where I've been in Tri Cities - 1 to 2 bars, and data usually doesnt work. I am getting really annoyed with having an almost useless phone.

Carriers
    WIND Mobile (09/2010-present)
    Bell 05/2005-08/2006, Virgin Mobile Canada 08/2006-11/2009, Fido 11/2009-09/2010
    Feedback Score
    Did you port your number in from Wind by any chance? That could be a factor.

I'm a Wind user in Vancouver. If you need to test out calls, PM me and we can figure something out.

Carriers
    Mobilicity Friends & Family $35 Unlimited Plan
    Feedback Score
    Did you join Mobilicity from Wind? If so, did you port your number over?
    I ask because someone else was having trouble with connecting to Wind yesterday.

EDIT: I sould learn to type faster

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I ported from Wind.

Maybe Wind is blocking me cause they are bitter I left. lol

Carriers
    Feedback Score
    More likely that the process of having you moved & releasing you account hasn't been completed.
    It has been reported that Mobilicity spoofs your number before it has been moved so you can use it right away.
    I'm sure the situation will sort itself out quickly.

Carriers
    WIND Mobile (09/2010-present)
    Bell 05/2005-08/2006, Virgin Mobile Canada 08/2006-11/2009, Fido 11/2009-09/2010
    Feedback Score
    The OP took me up on my offer, and we had no trouble calling each other.

I should mention though that my phone number did not start at Wind. It started at Virgin, and then went to Fido, and is now at Wind. If I port to Mobi then it will be the FOURTH distinct network on which I've activated this number! So if the OP's number started originally at Wind it may be a different story.

Carriers
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just activated today with a new number in Metrotown. I'm surprised you are only getting 1-2 bars in the tri-cities area because I'm getting around 3-4 bars most of the time. There are some issues in certain areas in Coquitlam esp. inside Coquitlam Centre where I was constantly losing signal. Later on, I was at the Port Coquitlam rec centre and I got full bars inside the skating rink. Mobilicity needs to do some work around the Coquitlam area. I downloaded Coverage Mapper and uploaded some of the data so you can see the signal strength on the coverage mapper website. heh.

Oh, initially, I thought there was something wrong with Mobilicity because nobody could call me. It turns out that when the dealer handed me the little folded card with the sim card and instructions inside, the phone number he wrote down was off by one digit. So I forwarded by Bell number to the wrong number and told my friends this number as well. So later on, they all told me that they couldn't call me. So I called them as a test... that's when I found out that the number was wrong thanks to call display. LOL.

Carriers
    Feedback Score
    The difference in reception may simply be the difference between phones.
    My phone is cheap & I get iffy reception when I know I should be better(cell tower withind sight)

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    My port completed 3 hours after I signed up, so thats not the problem. Other people can call me, even other Wind numbers, except the one specific number....and I can call anyone else, even other Wind users except the one.

I should probably call Wind and have them look into it too. Mobilicity sounded shocked that it was even possible to not be able to call a specific number.

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    My number started at Koodo and then went to Bell then to Wind then to Mobilicity.

And before this number I used Fido, Superstore, Virgin.

And I have never ever signed a contract!

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I havnt been moving around very much the last couple days because of the snow and have been busy at home. Eagle Ridge area gives me really low bars (tho it did with Wind too). I am in Port Moody, and get really low reception (got full bars with Wind), and also had really low reception along North Road in Coquitlam and through the main stretch of Port Moody. Data was hardly ever working, tho it is working fine right now (tho slow.....hopefully it stays working!).

Reps at Mobilicity says there is no coverage in the Newport Village area. Stupid! That couple block area has probably 50% of the cities population!

Phone
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Is it a 604-600 number?
    The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I have the HTC Maple (Snap), and always had full bars with Wind (except in PoCo), so I dont think its my phone, I think the signal is just weak.

Tho I would rather have lower bars (but not dropping the signal) and no dropped calls, than have full bars with Wind and constantly drop calls.

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    No, its a 604-700 number

Feedback Score
    I have a similar problem and in Vancouver too. My issue is that some people can't call me. I signed up on the 18th. Had my number changed and for some reason everyone except two people can call me. They get a message saying "the call can't be completed as dialed".

You may want to try and add a "1" in front of the phone number that you are dialing. It may help.
    So when dialing try something like 1 778 800 0000.

Just a little more information about the issue....both friends are using HTC phones and are with Telus and Bell respectively. Everyone else who calls from a landline or other carries can get through. Moblicity csrs that call can get through. I suspect that it's either a hardware/ out of date software issue with the HTC phones or there are routing problems with the other carries.

What also works is if I forward my phone to another phone, the calls seem to get through with no problems.

I filed a ticket with Mobilicity and and waiting for them to get back to me.
    Last edited by dewildboar; 11-21-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast