Thread: Straighttalk airtime cards, can you buy online?

Carriers
    ATT Gophone
    Net 10
    Feedback Score

Straighttalk airtime cards, can you buy online?

Friends of mine got ST phones and unlimited $45 a month service.

They don't want to do autopay because others have warned them against it.
    Now they have to buy their cards at Walmart every month.

Is there another way, can you buy the airtime cards on the ST site like you can with Tracfone?

I saw on the ST site that you can buy 3mos, 6mos and a year worth of time? Is that a good idea?

Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    I'm pretty sure you can buy the refill cards from WM's website.

As far as getting 3/6/12mo at a time being a good idea or not, that just depends on your individual preference. You're not saving any money doing it that way. It just means you don't have to buy a card and refill as often.
    On the other hand, say you bought 12mos of time and then, for whatever reason, you get pissed off about some aspect of their service or just want to change carriers. They absolutely will not refund any of your months to you. You've wasted your money.

Personally, there's no way in hell I would ever commit to anything more than the minimum unless there was a significant price advantage in doing so. It isn't any big deal at all for me to just grab a card each month.

►►► U.S. Ranks Dead Last In Overall Social Spending (Read the comments section too!)

►►► The Scam Behind The Rise In Oil And Food Prices

THINK for yourself!
    QUESTION authority!
    Realize that ALL governments LIE!
    Don't be one of the sheeple!

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    If you can afford the 12 month in advance and you are happy with your service, it would give you an extra five days of service overall. Not sure if that's a big deal or not... but that would be the only benefit for getting the 12 month card.

Carriers
    ATT Gophone
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for all the info. I will pass it on. I was thinking too since they are new to the service and all, maybe just be better to get the cards every month for now.
    And you never know if you're phone might get lost/broken and then you can't get a refund.

I have a tracfone and I only add airtime when I need it for that reason.