Thread: Mobilicity Customer Service is VERY BAD (New)

Phones
    X70
    E715
    8260, 3310, T66(!), 6100, C333(!), T720
    Carriers
    Rogers AT&T
    Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Mobilicity Customer Service is VERY BAD (New)

well, obviously we have a troll in http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ce-is-VERY-BAD

However I did have two negative experience during my visits in the mobi store.

During activation, me and gf picked the Huawei as the plan required a phone purchase.
    CSR "I don't see why you guys would pick that phone"
    me "We are planning to buy a Tmobile G2 which Mobi doesn't have in its lineup yet"
    CSR "well that's fine just don't come back and whine about it"
    The rest of the activation process the CSR was just plainly rude and always rushed us, my gf was just having trouble searching for her previous phone bill and CSR told us if it was going to take any longer we'll have to wait until she finishes w/ another customer.

Few days ago my buddy wants to switch to Mobi so we went to the store to see what plans they offer. While we don't expect CSRs to know how the solar activities would affect the wireless frequencies but we expect them to be knowledgable on their OWN products. My friend asked him what's the northern boundary of their coverage map he answered 16th Ave.
    me "no I don't think so, it should be..."
    CSR "sorry I mean Major Mackenzie, it will be a dead zone beyond that, I'm sure"
    me "but I live on Elgin Mills..."
    That's fine maybe he doesn't know, only barbarians live on the northern edge anyways, but during our stay he was holding a tim hortons cup the whole time. Ok maybe working by himself is very dry and he needs to hydrate himself, I let that slip too. All of a sudden he whipped out his phone and started playing his favorite songs, do you seriously need your music fix in the middle of a sale? We sincerely apologize if we made you bored.

Mobilicity, we don't need you to pour in several million dollars in some WOW customer service program and have your staff treat us like kings, but we need the basic respect from all levels of your company

Phone
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    There's no polite way to tell you not to get a Huawei.

My experience has been the opposite. Weight times have been a bit annoying but otherwise service has been very good.
    The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.

Phone
    Nexus 4
    Carriers
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey View Post
    well, obviously we have a troll in http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ce-is-VERY-BAD

However I did have two negative experience during my visits in the mobi store.

During activation, me and gf picked the Huawei as the plan required a phone purchase.
    CSR "I don't see why you guys would pick that phone"
    me "We are planning to buy a Tmobile G2 which Mobi doesn't have in its lineup yet"
    CSR "well that's fine just don't come back and whine about it"
    The rest of the activation process the CSR was just plainly rude and always rushed us, my gf was just having trouble searching for her previous phone bill and CSR told us if it was going to take any longer we'll have to wait until she finishes w/ another customer.

Few days ago my buddy wants to switch to Mobi so we went to the store to see what plans they offer. While we don't expect CSRs to know how the solar activities would affect the wireless frequencies but we expect them to be knowledgable on their OWN products. My friend asked him what's the northern boundary of their coverage map he answered 16th Ave.
    me "no I don't think so, it should be..."
    CSR "sorry I mean Major Mackenzie, it will be a dead zone beyond that, I'm sure"
    me "but I live on Elgin Mills..."
    That's fine maybe he doesn't know, only barbarians live on the northern edge anyways, but during our stay he was holding a tim hortons cup the whole time. Ok maybe working by himself is very dry and he needs to hydrate himself, I let that slip too. All of a sudden he whipped out his phone and started playing his favorite songs, do you seriously need your music fix in the middle of a sale? We sincerely apologize if we made you bored.

Mobilicity, we don't need you to pour in several million dollars in some WOW customer service program and have your staff treat us like kings, but we need the basic respect from all levels of your company
    Now your story sounds like a real story and I feel really bad about it. I hate people who are ignorant to their customers (who will eventually pay for their payrolls).
    For the first case, if I were you I would definitely ask the CSR for his/her full name and maybe report the incident to Mobilicity.

Did you go to a dealer, or a corporate store?
    I experienced a much much better treatment at a corporate store.

Phones
    X70
    E715
    8260, 3310, T66(!), 6100, C333(!), T720
    Carriers
    Rogers AT&T
    Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    There's no polite way to tell you not to get a Huawei.

My experience has been the opposite. Weight times have been a bit annoying but otherwise service has been very good.
    No kidding, when my tea cup poodle saw the phone he got pissed, went out and bit 4 people to death.

Quote Originally Posted by terry0703 View Post
    Now your story sounds like a real story and I feel really bad about it. I hate people who are ignorant to their customers (who will eventually pay for their payrolls).
    For the first case, if I were you I would definitely ask the CSR for his/her full name and maybe report the incident to Mobilicity.

Did you go to a dealer, or a corporate store?
    I experienced a much much better treatment at a corporate store.
    Terry thanks for bringing this point up, both stores I went to are dealers not corporate store. I shall avoid the dealers next week when I activate my mother's account

Phones
    LG125
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Carriers
    Mobilicity, 2010 on; Telus (Originally Clearnet), 2000-2010
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    Weight times have been a bit annoying but otherwise service has been very good.
    That's heavy, man!

FWIW, my experience with a dealer (NCIX on West Broadway in Vancouver) was very positive. The fellow was very helpful and answered my questions. When he didn't know the answer for sure (I asked some questions about moving to another city and keeping the F&F plan), he gave his opinion but told me to call Mobilicity to be certain. There was an issue with activating my account and he didn't want me to leave until it was sorted out. All in all, he spent about 20 to 30 minutes with me.

Carriers
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    My experience today was also positive. I went to the corp store in Surrey BC, I was the only person there and there was about 6 salespeople bored out of their minds. They were all friendly, courteous and did their best to help me. They let me play around with the Nexus One before purchasing (I put in my Fido SIM card, and voila it worked to their surprise). There was a bit of a knowledge gap on the Nexus One's supported frequencies, but they worked hard to double check and overall it was a pleasant experience. As a group we all had fun bashing Fido's new $25 "admin fee".

I think you just had one bad apple in that store, so far I'm happy.

Feedback Score
    I don't know if all call centre are the same, but I would definitely file a complain since the CSR is rude. Even if you don't get the name, you can provide time of the call plus your phone number that you used. I worked in a call centre before and that person is bagging to be fired.