Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good2Go Mobile: Sprint mvno with unlimited $45 everything plan

Feedback Score

Good2Go Mobile: Sprint mvno with unlimited $45 everything plan

Found these guys offered as a brand on Fry's online store. Never heard of them but their phone lineup screams Sprint mvno. Especially Sanyo phones. $45 unlimited talk/text/web for $45. Equals Straight Talk prices.

No byod of course. Phones are somewhat garden variety and older. Not bad though.

Could be Sprint is giving its mvnos an even better deal then before. Total Call just got unlimited everything for $50. The typical Sprint mvno unlimited everything plan is $60. Even Sprint prepaid division Virgin Mobile is stuck at that.

Anyone use Good2Go?

I'd say that Total Call's a better deal as their phones are much cheaper and they offer a paygo option that you can switch too.

Another Sprint mvno.

How original.

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ever heard of Boost? How could it not be mentioned here? Smartphones, "shrinkage" rate, BYOD tricks, etc...

Feedback Score
    Because it is the first Sprint mvno to start (not using shrinkage) at below the $50 pricepoint for unlimited everything.

Boost has its own forum and that is well known. However their phones are a lot more expensive upfront then Total Call (I've never seen a Boost cdma device for $10-20 as a refurb). Byod is a big edge of course but in the context of unlimited $45 everything I could easily have brought up Straight Talk. Better network, Walmart availability and same pricepoint. No byod though. So it's all related but also all apples and oranges. ST kills Boost cdma or any Sprint prepaid /mvno offering for coverage. And none of them have phone prices that match Total Call's.

TC's tradeoff is that it is not very well known. Both TC and G2G are aimed at regular phone users then the more text/data oriented crowd over at Bmcda anyway. You can tell just by their phone lineups. No Berries, etc.

So, yeah, I've heard of Boost mobile.
    Last edited by fonezfonz; 12-03-2010 at 09:32 AM.

Phones
    HTC Evo
    HTC Evo
    Motorola i1
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Page Plus | PTel
    Feedback Score
    seems to be an offering from Ztar mobile. The MVNE behind 7eleven speakout.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    Found these guys offered as a brand on Fry's online store. Never heard of them but their phone lineup screams Sprint mvno. Especially Sanyo phones. $45 unlimited talk/text/web for $45. Equals Straight Talk prices.

No byod of course. Phones are somewhat garden variety and older. Not bad though.

Could be Sprint is giving its mvnos an even better deal then before. Total Call just got unlimited everything for $50. The typical Sprint mvno unlimited everything plan is $60. Even Sprint prepaid division Virgin Mobile is stuck at that.

Anyone use Good2Go?

I'd say that Total Call's a better deal as their phones are much cheaper and they offer a paygo option that you can switch too.

Another Sprint mvno.

How original.
    Fonez - you have heard of them.

The Eclipse guys were peddling this as a partnership with Ztar about 4-5 months ago.

Feedback Score
    Surprises me that a major retailer like Fry's would pick them up. Sprint mvnos bore me though. Limited coverage and no byod. But oh well, just keeping folks up to date. I've never seen them mentioned here before. And Eclipse? Ptui! Those guys are scammers and losers. Again, why does Fry's have anything to do with that three store operation out of Poughkeepsie BFE NY? lol

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    They said it would have byod. That was a lie so who knows what else

Quote Originally Posted by upstatesc View Post
    Fonez - you have heard of them.

The Eclipse guys were peddling this as a partnership with Ztar about 4-5 months ago.

Phone
    Galaxy S4, LG F3, ZTE Sonata
    Carrier
    AT&T , AIO, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I would not ever consider signing up with them. There is not even a phone number listed on the site.

Not that it's a big deal to most but the reason I like Boost & Virgin is the fact that they are 100% owned by Sprint. The shrinkage plan is a good deal and they offer decent handsets compared to many others.

Feedback Score
    Good2Go is interesting because of their price point. Ptel stands out because of their incredibly low paygo rates. Total Call stands out because their phones are dirt cheap. If G2G were $40 for unlimited everything, now that would be really something.

I find Sprint mvnos boring and common place. Unless they have something the others don't, ATT, Tmobile, Verizon mvnos have pretty much every advantage over them in terms of price, plans, coverage and byod.

Sprint mvnos rule supreme with the lowest paygo rates, lowest unlimited plans and most options for unlimited data.

But most of them are blah.

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    You have to give them a credit card number so I assume that the plan has taxes so its probably closer to $50.

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    You have to give them a credit card number so I assume that the plan has taxes so its probably closer to $50.
    That's not necessarily true. Pure Talk does not add tax, though you must pay them direct with a credit card.

A phone company that doesn't give you their phone number though?

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    If Eclipse is involved I wouldn't give a cc number to them under any circumstances.

None of the phones are 3G are they?

Quote Originally Posted by HF305 View Post
    That's not necessarily true. Pure Talk does not add tax, though you must pay them direct with a credit card.

A phone company that doesn't give you their phone number though?

Carriers
    Verizon
    Good2GO
    Feedback Score

Good2Go offers byod support

I went to Fry's looking for a BYOD SIM card. Good2GO is the only one they offer now, as apparently all the other providers have tightened up.

$5 for the SIM card, then airtime in $20, $30, $45 options.

Not sure what people mean that Sprint MVNOs are "blah". Perhaps you folks are overstimulated. Not everything needs to be a video game.

The $20 option is paygo, and you need to top up every 20 dollars or 30 days which ever comes first. Not a bad thing, really, if you're not a hacker or phone aficionado and your needs are light.

Data service works, too, but it looks like about 1 cent per kilobyte. (11c to load Google's home page.) Not terribly economical, that, but apparently the $45 option permits unlimited data. Anyway, data isn't why I got the SIM card. I just needed an extra phone to, like, make phone calls with. I've seen people do that.

The website support is pretty basic, still looks like they've just started operations. OTOH, with a little ease and care you can have your choice of burner phones pretty cheaply.

Phones
    CDMA: Droid X2, Droid Incredible
    GSM: Nexus 4, iPhone 4, 3G
    Carrier
    T-mobile PagePlus Lycamobile GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Yawn. Getting really tired of all these unlimited everything plans for $50ish per month

How about pay as you go cheap minutes, text and data? So far, Ptel and Boost seem to be the only ones interested in pay as you go, but they have such limited BYOD its not even funny.

Sigh. . .

Feedback Score
    I saw their display at Fry's last week. Since they use a sim card and from the wording of the display, it seems like Good2Go uses the AT&T network as they want people to use their unlocked GSM phone. On the other hand, the phones at Fry's were typical prepaid Sprint. Do they have 2 different services?

Yeah, I am also hoping for better paygo plans. Maybe Spot can be an alternative if the $5 minimum for 90 days is not a typo. If I want to dream even more, then I could hope that Zapp Unlimited will someday go live.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast