Thread: Net10 Coverage

Phones
    Nokia 2330
    Nokia 2330
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Net10 Coverage

I found an old coverage map of net 10, and there is far more coverage on that map than on the one i found on the website... Why is there coverage shrinking, and will it continue to shrink?

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    You may be comparing CDMA coverage vs. GSM coverage. They show a different map based on the type of phone you select. I doubt their coverage is shrinking.

Feedback Score
    It may be better to use coverage maps of the actual networks on which Net10/Trac operates. I.e. AT&T, T-Mobile or Verizon. Except Verizon seems to have painted the whole US map red and claims that's their coverage. Some of their weak spots are designated as strong on their map.

Feedback Score
    It's hard to tell as Net10 may or may not have different contracts with different carriers. Their paygo has definitely great coverage but their monthly plans may or may not depending on if roaming comes with it or not. It is much harder to negotiate an unlimited plan with multiple carriers and keeping the prices in line then it is a flat per minute rate.

Phones
    Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sauce plz... in this case a picture of the old map (scanned?) and a link to the new one would be more than helpful.

Sent from my Jax using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    It's hard to tell as Net10 may or may not have different contracts with different carriers. Their paygo has definitely great coverage but their monthly plans may or may not depending on if roaming comes with it or not. It is much harder to negotiate an unlimited plan with multiple carriers and keeping the prices in line then it is a flat per minute rate.
    The monthly plans are just different ways to pay. There's no difference in coverage based on which 'minute card' you buy. E.g. You can use Net10 unlimited this month and a $20 card next month with the same phone.