Thread: Straight Talk E71 E-mail question

Carrier
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score

Question Straight Talk E71 E-mail question

I recently purchased this E71 straight talk phone. I am new to this technology. I am impressed with what this thing can do. I’ve had it for less than a week. I do have an issue,and was wondering if anyone here could help out. I am unable to connect to my service providers server (Time Warner) to send and receive POP email when trying to connect via the Tracfone access points (Browser,Internet,Messaging). When I use my home wireless connection,it goes through fine. Am I missing something ? A setting possibly ? Straight Talks customer service has been incompetent at best.

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    Do you get a packet data connection error? If you have a Facebook account, try posting on Straight Talk Technical Suppot's wall. They respond pretty quickly and they seem to be more on the ball.

EDIT: Seems like you already posted there....
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Carrier
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Sweeper. I did post to the StraightTalk Facebook page. I recieved an initial response,and am awaiting an answer. I'm hoping they can help. I am completely confident their phone support cannot !

Here's the error I get.

The error message is "Unable To Send Message". A box then pops up "Mailbox User Name" with my user name entered. I hit ok,and a 2nd box appears,"Mailbox Password" with password entered in the box. I hit ok,and then get "Save Password... To Mailbox Setting".
    When I hit ok again,it repeats the whole process a 2nd time. After the 2nd attempt fails,the error message is "Message Sending Failed - Check E-Mail Settings".

Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Many ISPs don't let you send from a connection other than one they provide without special configuration or at all. Which is why it only works using the Time Warner cable connection.

Try asking TimeWarner's support if they have any alternative methods for mobile access.

It also might be possible to use AT&T's outgoing email servers. They're supposed to be for AT&T wireless customers only but might work for Straight Talk seeing as it's using the AT&T network. Configuration details are here: https://www.wireless.att.com/support...B/KB72769.html

Or you could forward your mail to Gmail or Hotmail which should work fine with the Nokia email client.
    My site: PrepaidPhoneNews.com My other sites: wapreview.com, boostapps.com