Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Free shipping till Dec 17 for free phone with 30 or 45 dollar phone card

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Free shipping till Dec 17 for free phone with 30 or 45 dollar phone card

Someone gave us a Straight Talk phone, and we sold it to someone who's never had a cell phone before. We've had to help him with the whole process. He just called saying he's bored. How can someone be bored when they got internet for the first time today!!! Oh, because he can't figure out how to use it, so were trying to help him get set up good with Straight Talk.

I've never used Straight Talk, but I saw an ad here on Howard Forums for the free phones with free shipping till December 17.

My questions are:
    Is the offer good for current customers or just new activations?
    What are the methods of payment? He doesn't have a credit card. Can he purchase a phone card at Walmart and have the free phone added on? Or do we need to order the phone for him?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedsgirl View Post
    Someone gave us a Straight Talk phone, and we sold it to someone who's never had a cell phone before. We've had to help him with the whole process. He just called saying he's bored. How can someone be bored when they got internet for the first time today!!! Oh, because he can't figure out how to use it, so were trying to help him get set up good with Straight Talk.

I've never used Straight Talk, but I saw an ad here on Howard Forums for the free phones with free shipping till December 17.

My questions are:
    Is the offer good for current customers or just new activations?
    What are the methods of payment? He doesn't have a credit card. Can he purchase a phone card at Walmart and have the free phone added on? Or do we need to order the phone for him?
    No restrictions on who can order but probably on how many. When ordering from ST only a credit card can be used for payment. You cannot pay WalMart to order the phone for you.

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! I wanted to make sure about it before taking his money.
    Now if I could just get someone to answer my questions about my phone lol.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! I wanted to make sure about it before taking his money.
    Now if I could just get someone to answer my questions about my phone lol.
    Tracfone companies keep a record of who bought the phone, whose credit card was used, the address it shipped to, etc. So if you order it for him you might end up tied to the phone is some ways. I wonder if he were to buy a prepaid card would it be accepted for payment and keep everything in his name. If you can delay the purchase it might be good to wait on more posts here.

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    I wonder if he were to buy a prepaid card would it be accepted for payment and keep everything in his name.
    Thats what I was wondering, not Walmart ordering a phone for him LOL.

I really don't trust cellphone companies to pay with cc. I only use phone cards since switching to prepaid, but you can't be scared of every little thing, and I don't want to be afraid to help people out. Hope he can buy it without cc though.

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Straight talk won't answer the phone. Maybe I should call Walmart jk.

We went ahead and ordered it for him. After ordering it, I saw where you can enter your email and the order number to get shipping info. Now i can't find that page, and I have searched. He hasn't set up an online account and he doesn't have an email. Could someone post a link to where I can enter my email and the order number?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Straight talk won't answer the phone. Maybe I should call Walmart jk.

We went ahead and ordered it for him. After ordering it, I saw where you can enter your email and the order number to get shipping info. Now i can't find that page, and I have searched. He hasn't set up an online account and he doesn't have an email. Could someone post a link to where I can enter my email and the order number?
    http://www.shopstraighttalk.com/bpdi...do?action=view

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Thank you. You might have saved the day. What day that is I don't know, because I can't find the FedEx tracking number. Thanks to your link I know I have to be home to sign for it, because they changed the shipping address to the same as the billing address. I know I did it right because when I tracked it after ordering, it showed his address for shipping. I should call walmart and complain!
    Last edited by BigRedsgirl; 12-05-2010 at 02:36 AM.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone have any idea when the Free phone offer might end? I have to wait until Thursday of next week (16th) to buy one for my mom...

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lewminous View Post
    Does anyone have any idea when the Free phone offer might end? I have to wait until Thursday of next week (16th) to buy one for my mom...
    Well it says while supplies last and the free overnight shipping through December 17.

Btw even though it said our address for shipping, it was delivered to the guy we ordered it for.

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    I ordered the 451c refurb w the 45. Dollar card to re up my e71 and to have an extra fone on hand in case a friend needs one. I have a friend on a family plan for us cellular and when it comes for her share of the bill she has to pay upwards of 150 a month she rarely uses data mostly text. Someone is ripping her off. That is prob where that fone will go.
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Phone
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Is this an actual card or is it free minutes with the activation of the phone?

I know someone who bought a phone with the Unlimited card for a total of $45, but I assumed this was a months service with activation.

Any ideas? I need a card but I don't want to activate it with one of these phones.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Well it says while supplies last and the free overnight shipping through December 17.

Btw even though it said our address for shipping, it was delivered to the guy we ordered it for.
    Thanks, I went ahead and ordered it today. I know that it would be just my luck that they ran out before next week. The free shipping makes it that much sweeter. Anyway, I hope it all goes well, my mom is excited.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer10 View Post
    Is this an actual card or is it free minutes with the activation of the phone?

I know someone who bought a phone with the Unlimited card for a total of $45, but I assumed this was a months service with activation.

Any ideas? I need a card but I don't want to activate it with one of these phones.
    If you buy the card at WalMart its a plastic card containing a hidden pin number for the airtime and the 30 days to use that airtime. The phone comes with no free airtime or days and is unactivated untill you add a card to activate it. When you deal with ST you pay for the airtime/days with a credit card and they immediately apply/activate, or add it to your phone to keep it going for another 30 days.

You cannot apply a ST card`s airtime/days to any other brand of phones except ST.

Phone
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What I'm trying to ask is this free phone offer a physical card. I have two ST phones that were $45. They also came with a free month (each). I have yet to open the package to see if there is a physical card in them or if it's an activation deal. On STs website there is an offer for free phones with a purchase of a 30 or 45 dollar card, and I'm wondering if it's an actual card or if it's an activation deal.

I am wanting to know because i need an unlimited card for an E71 but I want to make sure that if I order thr card that offers a free phone that it's actually a card and not a months service that will be added to one of those phones .. Make sense?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast