Page 4 of 706 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 504 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon 4G LTE Speed Test Results: POST EM' HERE!

Carrier(s)
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lennyj17 View Post
    Verizon has never builtout a network from the Ground up before Fanboi....They've brought smaller networks and strung them together....can't do that with 4G because there are NO 4G networks to buy....AT&T another network with just as much cash as Verizon, is a perfect example of what happens when you don't have enough spectrum...AT&T took a serious beating in the media for slow data...and whattt'dya know they had to build their 3G network from the ground up as well....

So much for the "Knows how to build Networks" .....If you weren't such a Troll and Verzion A$$ Kisser you'd know this.

Again See me when Verizon has 2 really popular smartphones and 7-8 usb/mifi devices running 4G all on that "SHOE STRING" 700 mhz spectrum....
    Right. Enjoy Crap Whymax with your 2 whole phones in 6 months. Have fun climbing on the roof for a signal too. All to save a measly $4 a month of the king.

Device(s)
    HTC Trophy w/Mango
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellKrazeDude View Post
    The networks that started Verizon were built from the ground up. Vodafone, which still owns part of Verizon here in the States, built its own network. Verizon right now is building its own 4G network. New antennas, backhaul and the rest of the LTE equipment. The 700 MhZ is going to kill Sprint/Clears little 2.5 GhZ license. Like people say, it looks like Swiss cheese. Get over it. Verizon has a much better and stronger network then Sprint has. I think there should be an age limit on this forum. If you are under the age of 18 you can't join.

This is the Verizon forum, so if you don't expect to see Verizon lovers on here, then delete your account and never come back.
    Well, last time I checked, Sprint/Clear's 2.5Ghz spectrum has a ton more Mhz than Verizon's 700mhz block does. That's you're capacity rating there. Sure, building penetration isn't as good, so you build more sites, etc. Maybe verizon didn't put out an unlimited plan was because people would replace thier home internet with it and cripple thier network? Who knows. . . I'm very impressed, and very disapointed all at the same time.
    AT&T Sim in my Dell Precision with an HSPA 7.2 card. . . . And my Comcast. . .

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyDee View Post
    Well, last time I checked, Sprint/Clear's 2.5Ghz spectrum has a ton more Mhz than Verizon's 700mhz block does. That's you're capacity rating there. Sure, building penetration isn't as good, so you build more sites, etc. Maybe verizon didn't put out an unlimited plan was because people would replace thier home internet with it and cripple thier network? Who knows. . . I'm very impressed, and very disapointed all at the same time.
    Verizon said that it would release information in January on new 4G data plans and devices. Verizon has enough spectrum to support its 4G network. Clear may have it, but they don't have the $$, same with Sprint.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Device(s)
    IPhone 6S Plus, Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    I'm thinking that upload is glitched, can you try another server/speed test site? I'd love for it to be real. . . and with unlimited internet :P
    I did this site twice, with one being in Los Angeles and another being in San Francisco...both gave me similar results.....well i guess nobody is on the network just yet

-----------

Current Phones: iPhone 6S Plus | Nexus 6P | Nexus 6 | Sony Z Ultra C6833 | iPhone 4S

Feedback Score
    Looks like ping times are +70ms minimum. That would translate into laggy webbrowsing just as it is under 3G. Not really that impressed...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I tried two orientations of the antenna on the Pantech: the "correct" way and the "incorrect" way.
    I basically got the same values on the same server: download (30.54,29.59) and upload(6.09,6.08).

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 | Moto X | Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon|AT&T|Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Verizon has never builtout a network from the Ground up before Fanboi....They've brought smaller networks and strung them together....can't do that with 4G because there are NO 4G networks to buy....AT&T another network with just as much cash as Verizon, is a perfect example of what happens when you don't have enough spectrum...AT&T took a serious beating in the media for slow data...and whattt'dya know they had to build their 3G network from the ground up as well....

So much for the "Knows how to build Networks" .....If you weren't such a Troll and Verzion A$$ Kisser you'd know this.

Again See me when Verizon has 2 really popular smartphones and 7-8 usb/mifi devices running 4G all on that "SHOE STRING" 700 mhz spectrum....
    Looks like someone forgot about the EVDO build out Verizon did, from scratch, starting in 2002. You remember Verizon EVDO don't you? You know, the most robust, omnipresent 3G network in America?

And what makes you think the same wont happen to Verizon once its LTE network is loaded.....again Call Verizon a winner if they maintain those speeds and consistency once that precious 700 mhz is fully loaded...

You can bash Sprint/Clear all day long....doesn't excuse the elephant in the room...
    You must be the only one seeing the elephant in the room. I see Clear/Sprint getting trumped in one day by Verizon. I see Clear/Sprint out of money and borrowing heavily to try catching up (again). Is that the elephant you're referring to?

In the meantime, Lenny, maybe you should just rejoin the whine festival over in the Sprint forums. Clearly thing are too upbeat here for your attitude.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus - VZW 128GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Why hello old friend....
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kupe View Post
    Looks like someone forgot about the EVDO build out Verizon did, from scratch, starting in 2002. You remember Verizon EVDO don't you? You know, the most robust, omnipresent 3G network in America?

You must be the only one seeing the elephant in the room. I see Clear/Sprint getting trumped in one day by Verizon. I see Clear/Sprint out of money and borrowing heavily to try catching up (again). Is that the elephant you're referring to?

In the meantime, Lenny, maybe you should just rejoin the whine festival over in the Sprint forums. Clearly thing are too upbeat here for your attitude.
    Well said.
    Hi, my name is Joey and Im addicted to cell phones...

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nk416 View Post
    Looks like ping times are +70ms minimum. That would translate into laggy webbrowsing just as it is under 3G. Not really that impressed...
    That's what it's looking like. Far from the claimed 30ms range that was mentioned over and over at the Verizon LTE launch event I attendee this past summer.

It does look better than wimax though. I have wimax and I see an avg of 120ms ping from my house to my office.

Device(s)
    A phone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nk416 View Post
    On 3G ping times would be closer to 170-225. There's nothing a carrier can do about latency off their network.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatothe0 View Post
    On 3G ping times would be closer to 170-225. There's nothing a carrier can do about latency off their network.

Yeah, 70ms is not bad at all. Never seen mine less than 150 or so on 3G. Would like to see the 30ms range though that was claimed for the past year or so.

Device(s)
    A phone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by _KC_ View Post
    Yeah, 70ms is not bad at all. Never seen mine less than 150 or so on 3G. Would like to see the 30ms range though that was claimed for the past year or so.
    Do a tracert, it probably already is 30.

Carrier(s)
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Sprint is to broke to do that. Thus their dreadful coverage. They can't even get voice coverage much less data in half the country. They lose hundreds of millions of dollars every quarter....

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatothe0 View Post
    Do a tracert, it probably already is 30.
    Someone please do a trace route. If its possible do a comparable trace route to the same address using broadband.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe12304 View Post
    Sprint is to broke to do that. Thus their dreadful coverage. They can't even get voice coverage much less data in half the country. They lose hundreds of millions of dollars every quarter....
    When I first got clear service there was only one tower near my house in the burbs of Houston and now there are 5. Im not for or against clear or vz, just saying

Page 4 of 706 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 504 ... LastLast