Thread: ATT Sim Card with H2o iPhone

Phones
    Sanyo Incognito
    LG Marquee
    Carrier
    Boost
    Feedback Score

ATT Sim Card with H2o iPhone

I read you could use a 64k unactivated at&t sim card with h20. I was wondering will it display h20 on the iPhone or display it as at&t. I was wondering just for apple care reasons.

Feedback Score
    If you use H2O sim, display will say "gsm"... If you use at&t sim, display will say "at&t".

Feedback Score
    i have both an h20 sim card in one phone and an att in another both on h20. in the h20 sim phone is displays h20 for me and in the att one it says att.

Phones
    Sanyo Incognito
    LG Marquee
    Carrier
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Sweet guys thank you so much.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackers View Post
    i have both an h20 sim card in one phone and an att in another both on h20. in the h20 sim phone is displays h20 for me and in the att one it says att.
    Which ATT sim do you use? Did you get it on ebay? I want one that does not lock to the phone but I do not know what to look for.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    Which ATT sim do you use? Did you get it on ebay? I want one that does not lock to the phone but I do not know what to look for.

Thanks.
    I got it on ebay for $1 and it didnt lock to any phone. I did find it odd that they asked for the imei number when registering online but I have put the att sim in different phones other then the one that i entered and it has worked in every phone! Maybe att cards are locked when you activate for att service not one of their mvnos? I dont know why h20 would lock it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post

Thanks.
    Just make sure it's a 64K virgin SIM card - meaning it's never been activated with AT&T. I got my SIM card from a local AT&T store... called H20 later that day and activated the card. FYI - I can swap this card between my AT&T and unlocked t-mobile handsets, so it's not locked to any particular handset.

Feedback Score
    Virgin NON Orange/White Gophone sims work fine and won't lock whether Blue/white or Blue /White/orange background. If it says "GOPHONE" Sim the card and it's orange/white, fugeddabout it, Att mvno or not, it will lock. But it looks like NON Gophone Att/Cingular phones allow some latitude. Unlocked Tmobile, non Att, Old Blue Att and prepaid Gophone Att phones all have problems ranging from not recognizing sim to sim crash.

But it will activate in ANY compatible phone initially. It's just if you break or damage the phone and you need to transfer the sim, it will simlock unless it's possibly an Att/Cingular postpaid phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    Virgin NON Orange/White Gophone sims work fine and won't lock whether Blue/white or Blue /White/orange background. If it says "GOPHONE" Sim the card and it's orange/white, fugeddabout it, Att mvno or not, it will lock. But it looks like NON Gophone Att/Cingular phones allow some latitude. Unlocked Tmobile, non Att, Old Blue Att and prepaid Gophone Att phones all have problems ranging from not recognizing sim to sim crash.

But it will activate in ANY compatible phone initially. It's just if you break or damage the phone and you need to transfer the sim, it will simlock unless it's possibly an Att/Cingular postpaid phone.
    Good info fonz, maybe you can help with the below. A bit confused.

From a different thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackers View Post
    You can also use att sim card which you can get for $.99!
    Is this true? Can you activate for example the $40 H2O plan using a new used AT&T GoPhone sim card? What might Snackers be referring to: pre-paid or regular post-paid sims, assuming there is a difference? The pre-paid sim comes with the phone I'd like to purchase from WalMart sim looks like this http://bit.ly/RxDNYL. Do you guys know if international direct-dialing is supported with these AT&T Go Phone sim cards for use on H2O? Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 8_8 View Post
    Good info fonz, maybe you can help with the below. A bit confused.

From a different thread:

Is this true? Can you activate for example the $40 H2O plan using a new used AT&T GoPhone sim card? What might Snackers be referring to: pre-paid or regular post-paid sims, assuming there is a difference? The pre-paid sim comes with the phone I'd like to purchase from WalMart sim looks like this http://bit.ly/RxDNYL. Do you guys know if international direct-dialing is supported with these AT&T Go Phone sim cards for use on H2O?

Thanks
    Att sims both prepaid and postpaid that are new/unused can be activated on H20 plans . I have tested this multiple times as have other hofos. None of the other mvnos allow sims from other Att mvnos or Att itself with the possible exception of Air Voice (which I've tested on a dealer portal and its failed).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    Att sims both prepaid and postpaid that are new/unused can be activated on H20 plans . I have tested this multiple times as have other hofos.
    Great, thanks for the reply. Any special instructions to get this to work? Should I activate it online thru the company's consumer website or over the phone, for example? If i call it in, what should i said? Any guidance would be much appreciated.
    I'm not sure if you know the answer to this, but it's important that international direct dialing is available when using the go phone AT&T sim cards that come with the Walmart at&t go phone I plan to purchase - is IDD supported on these sims? If anyone knows please let me know. Thanks again.