Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Element Mobile - Grrrr

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Element Mobile - Grrrr

Wow. Two weeks ago I re-upped my contract with Alltel. I had been on the lookout for a good Android phone that I could work with and they got the HTC Desire. I called Alltel customer support and asked several reps at the store if anything would be changing with the switch to Element. I was assured by multiple reps that the terms of my contract and my phone would remain the same during the switch to Element.

So now my snazzy, Android 2.2/Froyo, custom ROM phone is apparently going to get replaced with an LG Axis. UGH.

I wouldn't have re-upped with Alltel if I would have gotten this crap.

Sorry...just need to vent.

Carriers
    The Big V
    Feedback Score
    Why are they changing phones, isn't the network staying CDMA?

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I don't know - I was really surprised to get the call. I figured it would have been no problem to continue using the existing phone. Frustrating.

I spent an hour and a half on the phone with various customer care reps.

At first they were going to let me return my phones and go back to my previous contract. Not the greatest as I no longer had my old phones. Then they found out that I had already sent my rebate in so they would no longer accept my phones as a return. So I was stuck with Element until I persisted on the phone and eventually the representative offered to let me return the phones and get out of my contract without a termination fee. I am thankful for her (after an hour!)

Feedback Score

Thumbs down Frustrated with Alltel/Element Mobile

jdostal,

The exact same thing just happened to me. I dished out $400 for new phone and accessories and had to restart my contract (my phone died and I needed a new one and this was my only option I was told). I purchased the Motorola Milestone and then received the call that I was going to be upgraded to the LG Axis and that my Milestone was going to be useless as it won't work on Element Mobiles network. The only constalation I get is Element Mobile will reimburse me $100 of the $400 I spent. So pissed at Alltel agents for lieing to me stating that everything is going to be fine when switching to Element Mobile. Element Mobile lady told me all Alltel agents were aware that the phone wouldn't be working with their network but still have a quota to make with their Alltel phones. This is such bs that we get screwed in the process! Makes us really proud of our cell phone companies huh!!

Feedback Score
    Jdostal

Where do yu live? I live in central wisconsin and element mobile is slated to take over alltell contracts on Jan 7th 2011

I am mad as hell too see I have a moto q9c with windows 6.1 and i love the feel of it , element mobile has forced me to take a phone i did not like when the choice was given to me under alltel ( blackberry ) keyboard is much smaller than the q9c. Lets not mention the fact that alltel has ramped up sales and pushing new contracts before the switch. My contract is up newyears day and element is a week away. We here are under the assumption that element mobile is a company formed by local provider and I see they are national . element mobile plan pricing seems higher as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smgordon1259 View Post
    Jdostal

Where do yu live? I live in central wisconsin and element mobile is slated to take over alltell contracts on Jan 7th 2011

I am mad as hell too see I have a moto q9c with windows 6.1 and i love the feel of it , element mobile has forced me to take a phone i did not like when the choice was given to me under alltel ( blackberry ) keyboard is much smaller than the q9c. Lets not mention the fact that alltel has ramped up sales and pushing new contracts before the switch. My contract is up newyears day and element is a week away. We here are under the assumption that element mobile is a company formed by local provider and I see they are national . element mobile plan pricing seems higher as well.
    Where are you seeing their plans and pricing...I googled it but I come up with nothing! :-(

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Element Mobile is a local provider. My understanding is that they had a contract with Alltel to be part of the Alltel network that was not renewed in the buyout, so they started the new brand Element Mobile. Is that correct to those who know?

They certainly seem to have been less than honest. I will say, if you can get them to take the MEID, I'm sure there are people on XDA-Developers who can help get your HTC Desire working on Element.

As for Motorola Q9 vs BlackBerry, if your only complaint is the keyboard - give the BlackBerry a chance. Yes, the keyboard is smaller. But most people agree, RIM knows how to do keyboards right! There's a lot of research in that BlackBerry Keyboard. I think when you really use it you will like it a lot better...

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I'm in Stevens Point.

I was really disappointed in Alltel, I was a huge fan of their service. I was bummed that we were misinformed on the available technology with Element and that it led to such a mess.

It took a LONG time on the phone for Alltel to finally allow me to return our Desires and get out of our contract without a fee. I was not going to sit on a contract with crap phones for two years nor was I going to pay an ETF after signing a contract with bad info. We are on Sprint now.

Element is a small local company, big ownership by whatever that little telco is Wis Rapids is. I think the reason they have "national" coverage is that they are partnered w/ Verizon.

Oh, I was told that my contract pricing would not change at least! But I never received a bill to verify that or not.

Feedback Score
    Anyone know when this new voice mail goes into effect?

Feedback Score
    SOLARUS is the main Contributor to ELEMENT MOBILE as they own the majority of the cell sites , from my understanding solarus demanded that verizon/alltel pay a huge price for access to those sites.

Element mobile is Solarus, Mobile link,Wireless solutions, pc doctors, procellular and green & gold enterprises

http://elementmobile.com/freeupgrade/locations.html

I got propagada from element mobile and from what I see the prices will be higher after your contract is up with alltel. my contract was up 1/1/2011 this year i won't be signing a new contract unless the pricing is the same.

Phone
    iPhone 5S Gold
    Carrier
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Can you still get Verizon if you live in the Element area?

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fraydog View Post
    Can you still get Verizon if you live in the Element area?
    And if this is a yes.. what about PagePlus and other mvno's?

Phone
    HTC Evo 4G
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Verizon no longer offers service in point. You can go to a different city and sign up. You also cannot port your Alltel number over.

Posted from my phone.

Feedback Score
    I'm interested to see what Element offers...The only complaints I've had so far is that they send text messages asking for you to call them only to be routed to a voicemail...then I was promised my new Blackberry would have OS 6 on it...so excited for that...but then it arrived with 5 so I'm confused...the difference between 5 and 6 is so great that I was actually excited to get a new phone.

I think a lot of people are missing the point...I used to work for an Alltel Agent store...up until October...you people give us too much credit. Element Mobile has not told ANY of us what's going on...they pretty much left us in the dark. My good buddy, an agent store manager, doesn't even know what is going on. It's not that the agents are lying to you to meet their quota...it's just that they have zero idea aside from the main tidbits we already know...but believe me I sympathize with the folks having to replace their phones. I at least feel like I'm getting an upgrade...I have the old Curve 8330 and I'm moving to the Curve 3g, a bit upgrade sans the camera flash.

I'll be interested to see their pricing because when I worked for the agent I was told by a high ranking Element employee that the pricing would be less than what Alltel offered...as someone with two smartphones and a data card I was sort of looking forward to saving some money.

Feedback Score
    Just got a package in the mail today with some prices, i would have to say it looks equal to what i would be paying with alltel.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast