Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pantech LINK (P7040) unlock code

Feedback Score
    I have this phone as well and used it on Cincinnati Bell wireless and now just switched to Wal-mart Family mobile. I forget what site I used to buy an unlock code. First off, for those that don't know, there are 3 different types of locks being discussed here. I am no expert at all and can only speak in layman's terms.

First lock is just the password to get into phone, has nothing to do with carrier. If someone locked it and you can't get in. Normally when the security locks it, you can make it wipe all info and start as if it's new like out of the box and then make a new password.

second lock is the ability to use it as an unlocked phone on any carrier. meaning it can be used on basically any GSM ( or sim card based ) network. A simple wikipedia search for gsm will show you a list of carriers and what network they use. Each phone has an IMEI number that is specific to that phone only, it is not a model number. By either contacting AT&T or an unlocking website and providing your IMEI number you can get an unlock code making the phone usable on all GSM carriers.

Thirdly, now that you know your password, and you have an unlocked phone, does not mean you have got it made. Some phones are still basically locked to the carrier name branded on them. This P7040 was made for AT&T only. The software provided by Pantech is proprietary to AT&T. Basically, you can't get rid of the AT&T apps or make them work unless you are on there service. In this case, it is possible to find a few guru's here and there that can "flash" the phone with software made for another model of Pantech. To do this is very very difficult and not really worth the work in most cases. That being said, I was able to use this phone on Wal-Mart Family Mobile. I even tweeked some of the MMS/APN settings and got the web to work. Do not try the web you see provided my AT&T on the menu. Go to "my stuff" then "applications" and open up "browser". I hope that helped clarify things. I'm sure there are some experts here that can fine tune what i said, but it should be fairly accurate from a layman's point of view.
    Last edited by allenx1966; 01-29-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Phones
    SE Z520a (not used)
    SE k790a
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Are there default locks?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bTaryag View Post
    Are there default locks?
    can you be more specific?

Phone
    Pantech P7040
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well, one thing for sure correct me if I'm wrong, it might be cool to unlock any GSM phone but as far as AT&T phone goes, unlocking it especially the PANTECH p7040 and switching it over to T-mobile. You will not be able to get G network, because it cannot access the 1700 mhz. So be sure to check any GSM phone that you are trying to unlock if it can accept and access your provider band such as T-mobile G network otherwise it only will be running on EDGE band network.

Another thing, most of AT&T phone, you cannot do much with it, such as the PANTECH p7040. You will not be able to access most of the feature that is already build into the phone for instance, AT&T Navigator, All Sport GPS, AT&T Family Map, MobiTV, Mobile Banking, Online Locker, Mobile Video, AT&T Social Net, and Mobile Web just to name a few. You will have to use Browser instead to access the net. Again, it will be on EDGE and not 3G. As far as accessing, the music portion, you get very limited access.
    Mobile E-mail and IM, you will not be able to use it too and as for the AppCenter, you get very limited access. However, the YPmobile and AT&T Address Book are applicable. Moreover, as far as Texting and MSM goes, it is also applicable too with a little reprogram under MENU, SETTING, NETWORK CONNECTIONS, OPTIONS, CREATE.

Now how are you going to bypass all of this? What are your thought and suggestion?
    If you search GOOGLE, you will see that there are so many thousand if not, hundreds of site that show you how to unlock your GSM PANTECH 7040 but not one that show you the limitation of AT&T GSM phone. Be aware what you got yourself into, again as I said it before, it might be cool to just unlock any GSM phone but as far as AT&T phone goes, unlocking it and switching it over is very extremely limited.

Feedback Score
    I have tried to contact AT&T by email but as I am living out of US I am not allowed to register and make request for free unlock code, Can anybody give me some advice and help me. THANKS

Feedback Score
    They do not give unlock codes for former customers living out of USA and being not able to use AT&T network.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    How did I apart off AT&T. I have Samsung i617 and after unlocking by local service in Bosniaall AT&T features on the phone left active. Windows 6.0 was installed. I updated to Windows 6.1 but it was the same, but after updating to Windows 6.5 all AT&T functions were erased and disappeared. This is just idea to think about.
    Regards

Feedback Score
    I have pantech P7040 locked to AT&T. As I am not living in USA AT&T doesn t allow me to contact customer service to get unlock code for free. Can anybody help me in any way.
    Regards and thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    hello everyone I really need your help I have an pantech p7040p from AT&T. Ok now i'm not in at&t and i want unlock it to use the cell phone in my new networks provider. So if you want help me the imei is 012989004653325 please I really need help.

Thanks regards

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by josephoriginal View Post
    hello everyone I really need your help I have an pantech p7040p from AT&T. Ok now i'm not in at&t and i want unlock it to use the cell phone in my new networks provider. So if you want help me the imei is 012989004653325 please I really need help.

Thanks regards
    your code is: 18701219
    Mirzet

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrypub View Post
    Just received my Pantech P7040 from AT&T, paid $30 for a quad-band GSM phone, a sweat deal.

Anyone knows the unlock code for Pantech LINK (IMEI=012141-00-6022386 04)?

Thanks..
    your code is : 78662883

Feedback Score
    I have an at&t pantech p7040p. My imei is: 012989-00-3396470 05. PLEASE HELP I NEED THE UNLOCK CODE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mariahalease21 View Post
    I have an at&t pantech p7040p. My imei is: 012989-00-3396470 05. PLEASE HELP I NEED THE UNLOCK CODE.
    Your code is 75123127

Feedback Score
    Hello there, need unlock code for pantech p7040p 012989-00-5997531 , thanks in advancec for any reply.

Phones
    Iphone 3GS
    BOOST I776
    Carriers
    AT&T
    PAGE PLUS
    Feedback Score
    Pantech p7040p need help with unlock imei 012367000366475 thanks
    Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something. -Thomas A. Edison

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast