Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Southwest Virginia Conversion (Tri-Cities Region)

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score

Southwest Virginia Conversion (Tri-Cities Region)

Hello all, I just wanted to create a new thread regarding us in southwestern Virginia. Only reason I created a new thread is because we are in a different group from the rest of Virginia.

Has anyone received any news/updates about our phones shipping? The website says "on or about 12/4." This was last week and I haven't received any shipping emails. Also, the local Alltel store in Norton, VA has been branded AT&T but all of the AT&T signs are covered with temporary Alltel signs. I just wonder if we are getting delayed I called the AT&T number that was included with our packets and they assured me that we are not delayed.

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I too do not think that we are delayed (for a long time anyway) since the coverage map shows 3G service for our area now, so the network must be up and running. I guess all we can do now is keep our fingers crossed and wait. Hopefully in the next day or so we will receive our shipping notifications.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I hope it's soon. I was hoping someone would know more about our conversion. It seems we are in a different world down here in the Virginia boonies.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Well, I called AT&T and asked if it was too late to make changes to my order...they informed me that I couldn't make changes because their system showed it as "shipping". She said that it may ship out today or tomorrow. So it seems we are on track, still not sure how true this is.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trh98 View Post
    Well, I called AT&T and asked if it was too late to make changes to my order...they informed me that I couldn't make changes because their system showed it as "shipping". She said that it may ship out today or tomorrow. So it seems we are on track, still not sure how true this is.
    That is great. I have been dropping a lot of calls or not receiving calls at all because of the conversion process. From what I read on here about other areas I think switching to AT&T will be good for our area.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    For the people who are upgrading: Has AT&T made a withdrawal from your account yet? Nothing from mine as of this morning.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cryospawn View Post
    For the people who are upgrading: Has AT&T made a withdrawal from your account yet? Nothing from mine as of this morning.
    Nothing has been deducted from ours. Also, the AT&T order status webpage shows our phones in "processing". So, other than my conversation with an AT&T rep, there are no signs of anything shipping out yet.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    A reliable source on here has said anyone not already converted is delayed by at least a month...

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Uhde View Post
    A reliable source on here has said anyone not already converted is delayed by at least a month...
    I had thought he said that anyone scheduled for January was delayed a month. We were/are scheduled for a release in early/mid December. I was hoping since we were in group 2, we were ok. But group 3 were being delayed. I hope it's the former.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I had thought he said that anyone scheduled for January was delayed a month. We were/are scheduled for a release in early/mid December. I was hoping since we were in group 2, we were ok. But group 3 were being delayed. I hope it's the former.
    My migration group is 3A.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    at&t, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You are actually group 3. Cclay said the group 1 was the unicell markets in KS (i think), group 2 was the NV,AL,VA,CA markets, group 3 is Tricities,etc., and group 4 is the Dakotas and such.

Verizon's 4G network.

I live in California, not New York. I actually dislike New York.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork4me View Post
    You are actually group 3. Cclay said the group 1 was the unicell markets in KS (i think), group 2 was the NV,AL,VA,CA markets, group 3 is Tricities,etc., and group 4 is the Dakotas and such.
    You are correct, I now remember him saying that there were actually 4 groups instead of 3, as most people originally thought. But he also said that everyone scheduled for January were being delayed. We weren't scheduled for January, we were scheduled for December.

So are both the December AND January groups getting delayed? Or is it just everyone in the January group? I wish someone had more info on us in southwest Virginia, in particular. It seems the rest of Virginia has already completed their transition.

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I don't see why we would be delayed. I spoke with someone today that has an AT&T phone and they said they received good service starting in Jonesville and while driving through Lee County. AT&T has never had service here before so the converted AT&T network must be up and running. Hopefully the person that you called that said your phone was shipping knew what they were talking about.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes, he said that the December group was delayed to January and the January group to February. At least.

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    In the the thread I believe you are referring to Clay said he wasn't sure about the Tri Cities market, but the other markets that were supposed to convert at the same time the Tri Cities market would be delayed. Wasn't the reason that the markets were being delayed was because the network wasn't ready? I spoke to someone yesterday that has an AT&T phone and they were getting full service while driving through our area. So hopefully our market will convert as planned sometime this week.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast