Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Chatr Getting Data

Carriers
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score

Chatr Getting Data

It has been verified, Chatr is getting Data. Its about time. The official day is unknown exactly, but it will be sometime in January 2011. I spoke to several agents at Chatr at their call center and at their stores, and everyone I spoke to say yes Chatr is coming out with Data in January 2011 but the exact date in January is unknown. This is great news, now I can finally use my Iphone to its full potential. The pricing is unknown at this time, but rumours has it to be compared between to what mobilicity and Wind has.

Phones
    Moto X
    Q10
    Carriers
    Fido Solutions
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You can bet it'll never be true unlimited. Rogers will not jeopardize their lucrative data market and risk allowing people to switch from the two main brands with their BB's and smartphones.

Either hard caps OR 2G speed limitations are possibilities.

FIDO $55 MB/SK unlimited w/5GB = $44.55 (BYOD 10% + add-a-line 10% discounts, $10/GB overage)
    WIND $15 AITF unlimited data (10GB soft cap)

All my posts are my own opinion only and not necessarily that of any of my employers, past or present.

Phones
    Nokia E72 X10
    Nokia N95-4 8GB
    IPhone 3G 3GS Iphone 4
    Carriers
    Rogers/Vodafone.DE O2.DE Cellcom Fido
    WIND.GR T-Mobile.DE E-Plus Tchibo Aldi K&K MagnaMobile.DE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinCredible View Post
    You can bet it'll never be true unlimited. Rogers will not jeopardize their lucrative data market and risk allowing people to switch from the two main brands with their BB's and smartphones.

Either hard caps OR 2G speed limitations are possibilities.
    How can you say that it will never be truly unlimited after the about face wind pulled? Limiting the unlimited plans..? I can see them doing this, and getting more and more people. If we are to believe that Wind has 200,000 subs I can see that as a great reason to offer unlimited data and strip them of the client base. In any case lets say for a moment it is legitimate, then Wind and all the other new companies are doing their job, they have brought choice to wireless. And knowing Rogers is evil after the deed is done they will just go back to what they do best..

Phones
    Moto X
    Q10
    Carriers
    Fido Solutions
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Don't be ridiculous. WIND has zero data limits on unlimited data, period. Some people get into the triple digits (GB's) before any speed reductions. There is no about face. If you're talking about something totally different like overseas long distance, then I fully support ANY carrier that boots off the abusers. Unlike Mobilicity who just took away everyone's $20 LD plan a few months ago.

Carriers have a right AND a responsibility to deal with people who ignore the TOS and fair usage policies, period. I have no sympathy whatsoever for people who call India for 3 hours every frickin' day and think it's somehow not abuse...lol.

Feedback Score
    lol, unlimited not working with abuse because if you're not abuse you can't reach unlimited... Therefore, if you advertise your plan as unlimited you should remove the abuse...

BTW, 3 hours per day talking is way less than the unlimited 24 hours / day...

Phones
    Nokia E72 X10
    Nokia N95-4 8GB
    IPhone 3G 3GS Iphone 4
    Carriers
    Rogers/Vodafone.DE O2.DE Cellcom Fido
    WIND.GR T-Mobile.DE E-Plus Tchibo Aldi K&K MagnaMobile.DE
    Feedback Score
    I do not call that abuse, not at all. If you tell people talk all you want, its unlimited or infinite as they called it. Then how can you put a limit on it? Was it so wide spread that they had to limit it? Or was it just a poor idea in the first part? I would think for every person that spoke for 3 hours there must have been many more that spoke for far less. I do not think of it as abuse I think of it as getting your moneys worth. I know of several places in the city that have a " bottomless" cup of coffee so there is no limit. I can sit there with friends and have 2-3 cups of coffee.. while other people will just have 1 .. But according to you I am abusing the claim? Hardly.

So I am still curious why you think it will not happen. Have you called in? I can tell you I have. And I was told Data is coming, and unlimited was used to describe it. Do not get me wrong Wind has been very good to me. I have been given 100 more mins a month and a credit for the 6pm calling. So I thank them for that. I do have a chatr sim that we use for vsiting workers from Europe so I am excited to be able to give them the sim to use with the unlimited voice/txt and data soon.

Feedback Score
    Hopefully it is Data and not Mobile Browsing! I tried Mobile Browsing on a BB on Speakout, on 2G and it was...well, you have to be patient? I would never use 2G/Edge again after that experience. No apps worked, nothing.

Data is a whole new ballgame and I hope Chatr is data. I may move a phone or two to them if it is true data. On 3G.

Feedback Score
    Was told they'll be competitive with wind/mobilicity data plan today. By the chat-r customer service rep. Im with wind but will consider chatr if they have data/unlimited north america calling and price is 50-60.00. Wonder what's taking them so long?

Phones
    Moto X
    Q10
    Carriers
    Fido Solutions
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by me815 View Post
    lol, unlimited not working with abuse because if you're not abuse you can't reach unlimited...
    LOL! You cannot be serious??!! It is people like you that are the sole reason why most carriers avoid offering unlimited. You think unlimited means abuse is okay somehow??

Phones
    iPhone4
    iPhone5
    Carriers
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If me talking no limits and using my phone as a home internet connection is considered abuse. Then what is "unlimited" to use just to a certain extent or to use it as we see please. If someone does 3000 min a month is that excessive, or is 10,000 a month abuse.

Feedback Score
    i had a fido retention rep tell me i dont need unlimited cause last month i used only 2000 mins. That's cause i had the flu and wasnt feeling great.

Quote Originally Posted by z24gta View Post
    If me talking no limits and using my phone as a home internet connection is considered abuse. Then what is "unlimited" to use just to a certain extent or to use it as we see please. If someone does 3000 min a month is that excessive, or is 10,000 a month abuse.

Phones
    Unlocked Rogers Blackberry Q10 | LG Nexus-4 | Samsung Nexus-S
    Rogers SonyEricsson c510 (unlocked)
    Fido iPhone 3GS 32GB (unlocked)
    Carrier
    Fido | Rogers Prepaid | LycaMobile US | Bell | T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinCredible View Post
    LOL! You cannot be serious??!! It is people like you that are the sole reason why most carriers avoid offering unlimited. You think unlimited means abuse is okay somehow??

My question for the carriers is what exactly is unlimited and what exactly is abuse? I'm with Fido unlimited data and I use triple digit GBs some months. Is this abuse? The problem I have with the carriers is that carriers that offer unlimited rarely if ever inform customers what "abuse" is.

For me, triple digit GBs is easy to obtain with a few hours each day of streaming SlingPlayer, watching YouTube, watching Netflix, watching online Canadian television programs on the television network websites, and downloading a few LINUX ISOs. If I can accomplish this with ~4 hours a day of usage (for 30 days), is that abuse? We aren't talking about leaving a stream running 24x7 (x 30 days) so in my opinion, it wouldn't be abuse but the carriers might think otherwise.

Similarly, if you have an unlimited voice plan and you talk for 4 hours everyday, it would amount to 7200 minutes in a typical month... would this be considered abuse? Four hours per day is doable... not by me but I know people who use their cellphones for voice and a typical conversation with a friend or family member can take 1 hour.
    Fido (monthly plan - personal/data): Novatel Wireless MC950D or Nokia CS-18

Fido (monthly): ZTE WF720 Wireless Home Phone

Rogers (pay as you go - Canadian prepaid): "Fido" Samsung Nexus-S

Rogers (monthly BIS data plan): Blackberry Q10 <- CANCELLED over Dispute

Lycamobile (US prepaid): Sony-Ericsson c510 or Sony-Ericsson w300i

T-Mobile (US prepaid): unlocked Fido iPhone 3GS 32GB or LG Nexus-4

Bell (tablet plan): LG Nexus-4

My Tech Blog

Feedback Score
    my contract with rogers is ending next week, i want to switch to chatr, but there lack of data still makes me hesitant, does anyone know if it coming by the end of this month, I dont want to switch to wind, if chatr is getting data confirmed.

Feedback Score
    I just talked to a Chatr rep, I was told that they have no idea when or if a data plan will be available from them.
    Which sucks, when I read the op I too got excited.
    I will definately be switching to Wind.

Carriers
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    UPDATE: CHATR Spokes person advised me that CHatr could possibly be getting data by march or April of this year, It was suppose to be released this month (January) but Chatr is holding off to see where the competition will be like by March to see what prices to release. They want to see if prices are going up for Wind and Mobilicity first to see where Chatr can squeeze in For better competition. And there are also rumours that rogers, fido will be releasing unlimited voice and Data pretty soon this up coming spring as Rogers and fido are feeling the pressure as there subscriber numbers are dropping, but I will hold my breath as the unlimited service will come for a large price though, like around $80-$90 per month. But its a premium brand so the price is what you pay for premium I guess, thats why they have Chatr which is a low brand. Well time will tell.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast