Thread: Net10 deactivating phones robbing minutes/service days

Feedback Score

Net10 deactivating phones robbing minutes/service days

About 12/1/10 my net10 phone was deactivated even though I had minutes and over a years worth of days showing on the screen. Logging into my account and contacting customer service I get nothing but call customer service. Net10 runs a "moderated forum" where the "moderator" has to approve postings. No response but someone finally got an identical problem posted. he had been directed by net10 customer service to send more money to activate his phone AGAIN. My last net10 card was purchased from a big box store and stated using it would preserve existing minutes and days.

I've been through net10 customer service before and you'd better have an hour and an interpreter.

Anyone else having this problem? Class action law suit?

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    Did you go a long time without using the phone?
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Feedback Score
    pattyrn can you say more? I have 4 Net10 phones with minutes but the ones with the most distant day counts go mainly unused. Should I make an occasional call or text on each phone I own? What frequency of use keeps one out of this situation ?

Feedback Score
    I believe what Patty was referring to is the fact that the TF companies have in the TOS that you must use your phone for a voice call at least once per year to maintain the active line.

Feedback Score
    After way over an hour of being put on hold to try and reach "other departments" at Tracphone I was told I had denied the charge for minutes paid on my credit card. Sounds crazy huh? They gave a name which I have never heard.

A "supervisor" gave me a veiled hint that it could involve ebay. Six months ago I bought time there from a seller that is no longer active. If that seller reported to net10 that I had stiffed him (it was a buy it now requiring paypal pmt) that should not cause net10 to inactivate my phone for something that MAY have happened six months ago. They want me to send $60.10 to reactivate my phone. lol

If tracphone/net10 can control their retailers then don't take it out on the customer. This company is a rip off

Feedback Score
    Some of this is why I've learned from this forum to buy min. cards from retail stores and retain the cards w/ date entered written on them. They could inactivate a phone on me down the road but I have a file folder full of proof, and several other good no contract companies to go to if they want to play robber on me.

Carriers
    ATT Gophone
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    It could have been related to an ebay scam where sellers were offering online refills for Tmobile, Tracfone, Net10 and you paid with paypal, but they used someone else's CC to refill the phone.
    Maybe the person whose CC was charged disputed the charge and the charge was then reversed by the CC co.

Some people have been victims of this scam either by having their CC used to refill someone else's phone or by having their phone shut off because the prepaid service provider discovered the fraudulent activity.

Did you buy an actual airtime card or PIN from like Callingmart or was it an "online refill" where they needed your phone number to refill it?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Scammed on E-Bay, isn`t that to be expected, sooner or later?

Feedback Score
    There is a person selling cheap double-minute cards on ebay. Occasionally, the seller's name changes. I guess he has to buy another seller's good name if necessary. I suspect these cards are tainted, and the buyers are in for a nasty surprise in the future. The buyers are listed as private, also, which is not a good sign. It's like the seller is trying to protect the buyers from retaliation by Tracfone. But I'm sure that ebay would reveal the buyers to Tracfone. Then they could possibly be traced by addresses, email, etc. Ebay does not like fraud.

Feedback Score
    I had used an ebay resaler for a year to purchase minutes with no problems but they, (and a lot of others) bailed when ebay spiked the selling percentages (^! I play with old cars, have to use ebay to locate 40-60 yr old parts.

Fact remains net10 has the worst worst customer service on the planet. I suppose the rule is never buy a phone/load more minutes than you can afford to throw away which is where I'm at right now.

My info was gained from complaining on net10 facebook which led me to spend well over a frustrating hour with tracphone in Northern Canada. About half that time on hold. There is a forum on the net10 website which is a joke.