Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Official Group 2 Transition Discussion (CA/NV/VA/AL)

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score

Official Group 2 Transition Discussion (CA/NV/VA/AL)

Please keep all questions and or discussions related to the transition of Group 2 in this thread.

Current Status:

Group 2a (NV/CA/AL) - Customer transition in progress.

Group 2b(3a) (VA-Tri Cities) - Customer transition begins ~12/10.
    Last edited by Clay™; 12-09-2010 at 10:43 PM.

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Once again Clay you are the man. Thanks for all of your help during the transition.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    This is the best news I've heard so far. At least it appears we are not being delayed into February/March.

cclay, does it matter that my order status page says "Migration Group: 3A"? Or am I still in the Group 2b as you stated? I am definitely in the VA-Tri Cities group.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I agree with trh98. I checked my order status page and it shows group 3A as well and that it is still processing.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Well I hadn't chimed in here in awhile. I couldn't wait any longer,I was in Kingsport and tired of using my Alltel phone I purchased a Iphone4 the 1st weekend of Oct. A couple ppl in Norton had 3g Iphone for last year or longer and used them, but Norton was the only place Att had service.
    Monday the week of Thanksgiving around 6 pm I noticed my Iphone went to 3G from edge so it has been active since then all im waiting on is to get the new phone so I can return it and opt out of the Alltel contract and port my old number to the Iphone.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    cclay, our AT&T order status page shows us as being in the "Migration Group: 3A". Your original post says we are in group 2b. I'm sorta confused. I read in one of the other sticky posts that 3A were getting delayed. I hope you can see my confusion. I'm still being optimistic about your information that we are beginning tomorrow. I have more confidence in your posts than anyone else.

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Did anybody receive their text or voicemail today? I didn't get mine yet, but it looks like AT&T will be giving us an early Christmas present.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I haven't seen or heard anything today. No text, no vm, no email, nothing.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I haven't heard anything either. My order is also "processing" and the payment has not been withdrawn from my bank account.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Haven't received anything today. Hopefully we will get a shipping confirmation tomorrow.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trh98 View Post
    This is the best news I've heard so far. At least it appears we are not being delayed into February/March.

cclay, does it matter that my order status page says "Migration Group: 3A"? Or am I still in the Group 2b as you stated? I am definitely in the VA-Tri Cities group.
    I am confused at this point as well. I was using information from both Alltel & AT&T sources but now that I look closer one of them has to be wrong. I am digging into this to see exactly which one is correct.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cclay25 View Post
    I am confused at this point as well. I was using information from both Alltel & AT&T sources but now that I look closer one of them has to be wrong. I am digging into this to see exactly which one is correct.
    Awesome, thanks cclay! If it helps, our original "cut-off date" for placing an order was November 24th. And the order page said our phones were to ship "on or about Dec. 4th". When I called AT&T today, they told me we were on schedule for our phones to ship this week. They assured me we were not delayed. They also told me that I could not make any changes to my order as their system was already showing it in the "shipping stage".

So everything you have said about it happening this week correlates with what AT&T is telling me. However, the only thing that seems strange to me is that the order status page shows "Migration Group: 3A". But maybe that doesn't mean anything for us and we are still on track. I hope so. Thanks for all your help!

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Okay, from everything I can find at this point 3A=2B (no clue who did the math here).

The original Group 2 markets already converting are Nevada, California, Virginia (Danville, South Hill) and Alabama. The Tri-Cities (Norton, VA) market was part of group 3 that was scheduled to begin the transition 12/10/10 but since the majority of group 3 (AZ/NM/sw-CO) has been pushed back 2+ months someone decided to call the Tri-Cities market group 2b since it was converting along with the original group 2.

On a side note - the text/voice messages that should have started today will most likely start before monday. (fingers crossed)

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cclay25 View Post
    Okay, from everything I can find at this point 3A=2B (no clue who did the math here).

The original Group 2 markets already converting are Nevada, California, Virginia (Danville, South Hill) and Alabama. The Tri-Cities (Norton, VA) market was part of group 3 that was scheduled to begin the transition 12/10/10 but since the majority of group 3 (AZ/NM/sw-CO) has been pushed back 2+ months someone decided to call the Tri-Cities market group 2b since it was converting along with the original group 2.

On a side note - the text/voice messages that should have started today will most likely start before monday. (fingers crossed)
    Awesome! The group number change would (slightly) make sense if that's what happened. We'll see in the next few days. Thanks again cclay!

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Anytime! Things are only going to get more confusing..

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast